Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Omnicrom posted:

Actually considering that let's play a game and turn it around, who in this show isn't transparently doomed? Who has the highest chance of getting out of this relatively unscathed when it all inevitably goes straight to hell?

Originally I'd say the missing girl but I'm leaning more towards Homosapiens at this point.

Odokawa is going to get the worst of it.

Kakihana is in second place for most doomed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

After this episode I take back my previous take, everyone is screwed.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Wow.

I have never felt such dread in the last 90 seconds of an anime before, holy gently caress...

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Summed up thoughts on the ending:

Okay so there was a chance for a happier ending if anyone involved at all paid attention to the core issue presented at the very start. Girl is missing.

Instead of reporting the dead body we disfigure it and toss it.

Instead of tracking down what happened to her for my boss lets find my lost gun, mess with a college kid, and rob a bank. Oh also I'm going to keep taking the camera that has the evidence on it.

Speaking of camera evidence Big Daimon hosed it from the police side at the start.

Odokawa the one person who could solve the mystery keeps getting pulled in every direction away from it but even still eventually realizes the girl on TV wasn't who he drove and never follows through with fully realizing it was Sakura and this is partially on Yamamoto too. At the end Odokawa, you had three people who would go above and beyond for you that you could have told while you were having your thought aside from the police and you held it in. Our main character had a flaw by god he'll die by that flaw.

As a result the thing that was completely solvable now gets more people hurt and Sakura feels invincible. Everyone who drops the missing girl ball gets punished in some way with Odokawa possibly getting the worst of it.

The show did well in what it was trying to mimic. I can't be mad at it for that even if I want Odokawa to have a break.

And for those who want an unambiguous happy ending ignore the audio dramas and:

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Super No Vacancy posted:

have decided odokawa deserved it for condemning kakihana to a life of suffering in debt and giving all the money to the mob instead. good riddance!

I'd give money to Takaya Kuroda to take care of orphans over Kakihana too.