Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

CredulousAtBest posted:

gently caress me

off of how much initial money? If i'm there i'm "SELL HOLY gently caress SEEEEELLL"

I put about a thousand into regular crypto, made way more than that with just investments in hoge and safemoon, and then aped all three of those investments into dumb coins that did nothing and sold with barely $250 left because of callousness and stupidity

I slowly climbed from $250 to $10,000 and got way smarter with my tactics in about a month's time but technically you could say my initial was $1000

Just take profits when you can but never sell everything. The upside potential of 10-100x on a coin is worth the risk of going to 0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

punished milkman posted:

Please be my financial advisor. These fifty three million safemoons are not enough to feed my family.

Ape that poo poo into any stupid coin that has a dog on it that people are hyping on reddit for immediate profit right now, ESPECIALLY if it's super early (like a marketcap under 10 million) but keep some safemoons for longterm. I like Astropup and Kiboshu Inu right now but there is a new dog being released every minute because everyone wants to get in on the next SHIBA INU coin which came from nowhere and is now worth billions in total market cap. Shitcoins are less likely to be scamcoins on ETH network but the gas prices are dumb as hell. And as always DYOR.

Bonfire is dipping and has over 100,000 holders now, but you're probably not going to get insane profits on that for awhile because it's cooling down after rocketing an amazing amount already. Community is insane and it looks like it could be the next safemoon. Maybe buy some for safe keeping as you profit

And, I can't emphasize this enough, HODL and try to have peace of mind. Going to bed and waking up to amazing returns is an amazing feeling :) don't stare at charts unless you are a sicko with a trigger finger. Usually if you try to time things perfectly you will fail

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 01:17 on May 11, 2021

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

cumshitter posted:

you dont have any gains until you realize them so like, you know, cash out a little

The equivalent of that in crypto is usdt (tether) and I always think... well what if this is as much as a house of cards as crypto as a whole and even that collapses one day? I wish somebody who knew more about it could tell me one way or the other if stable coins are necessarily foolproof. Obviously they aren't actual U.S. dollars

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

cumshitter posted:

?????

that is just a derivative investment that strives to maintain a perfect 0.00% rate of return. its itchy & scratchy land money. its money, but fun

why do i want to exchange dollars for a perfect 1:1 ratio dollar backed derivative? i would just keep the dollar. there isnt even the idea that its an investment, its just banking but dumber and the bank takes money and gives you chuck e. cheese prize tickets

usdt is the short term way i keep my poo poo from moving up and down when playing with my ridiculous amount of funny money. 1:1 is the point

i plan to cash out my poo poo eventually. i'm more wondering if usdt can remain stable forever or if there is any way that even it can fail. like if the entirety of crypto melted down tomorrow would stablecoins go along with it is my curiosity

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

cumshitter posted:

money is just too inconvenient to hold so im going to exchange it for an equal sum of $1 amex gift cards

i'm also lazy and converting my fiat into dogelonsafecumshit takes as many steps as the reverse whereas pancake swap is just, dogshit->bnb coins (now worth $600+ each!)->usdt so as long as tens of millions of loser nerds believe in the gift cards...

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

skooma512 posted:

I was gonna buy doge but it was convoluted and hard to do and also really shady, and it was Saturday afternoon so I would be late to whatever party Musk was gonna gin up anyway.

Good thing I was high and lazy because everything probably would have cleared just in time for me to buy in at the peak and eat poo poo.

doge is positively safe and stable compared to the things i am buying and way easier to buy believe you me

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

lmao https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1392602041025843203

I'm pretty sure elon just tanked the entire crypto market, minus maybe ethereum. And vitalik of ETH fame sold shib en masse to donate to India

People in crypto discords are saying that this is the bottom and to "buy when others are nervous" but I call bullshit, because BTC did a sudden 6% drop and still looks really loving bad. I'm liquidating my five figures of poo poo (into usdt) until I think the bottom actually hits

I should have sold yesterday when I peaked even higher but I'm very, very happy with how much I made

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 00:49 on May 13, 2021

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

"gently caress elon" and "gently caress elon tweets" tokens are mooning. ahahahahahahahah shitcoins are such predictable moneyprinters it's insane

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

shyduck posted:

The environmental impact hasn't really been a secret so I'm curious as to why now and what's the grift here

i think tesla shareholders hate elon and recognize that bitcoin is bad for their environmental image and longterm future. i highly doubt he wanted this

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

CredulousAtBest posted:

I'm not v interested in putting chunks of money into a browser extension

mostly because it all seems dodgy af and also :effort:

we're overdue a fuckin crash too, think I'll just cash out

the movements upwards and downwards will get even more violent from here on so it'll probably become way easier to both gain and lose money. shitcoins already have that built in basically. just don't longterm hold too much and get in on the pumping and dumping

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Judakel posted:

lmao it ended just the same

i ended well into 5 figures but i'll let you know when i end up in a siberian black site

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

^quality pair of posts

cumshitter if i cash in winnings now will i be paying less since holdings over 1 year=capital gains? definitely need to know what's what with taxes now

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

punished milkman posted:

anyone want to make some shitcoins with me? i dunno how to do it but i assume you just fork some existing repo and change some values and then become a millionaire

what if bitcoin, but instead it was called Dog Pussy

yes

bsc (binance smart chain) should be much easier/more accessible to the masses though, until eth 2.0 comes out

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

ahahahahahaha TOTAL CRYPTO MELTDOWN

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

this is the best time to buy or the worst ??????????

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

i'm convinced doge will eventually pass bitcoin (in total marketcap not price)

also news today that it will be listed on coinbase. i don't think the pump of doge is over, and then the shib coins will pump again after getting their poo poo wrecked

question is can they pass their previous all time highs? i think if they can't it's a sign that we're having mini bull cycles and in bear season now. market is simply too attached to bitcoin's price

again i'm a dumbass though don't listen to me

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 19:23 on May 14, 2021

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Broken Box posted:

yoss you may want to not be a loving idiot and make your tether into cash while you can still get away with it

working on it

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

got into a presale called taste nft on dxsale and made a ridiculous amount of money on it. leaving some in just in case

(if any of you are dumb enough to try presales like me make sure it's one with a large telegram that gets filled pretty quickly. others are usually doa. some literally get filled within seconds but are harder to get into)

new coin called "safememe" launches at 12 or 12:30 pacific and it's dumb enough to work, i think. new coins are basically the best way to make money now. nothing else is safe

with that said, concerns about bitcoin/eth energy use mean that the newish more efficient "eth killers" like cardano, polkadot, and algorand all seem to do really well while the market pukes. dyor

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-slides-below-40-000-050635727.html

welp lol

gonna reinvest some once everybody forgets about crypto and dismisses it as a passing fad

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Nonsense posted:

The PRC must be destroyed

sorry but after today i'm a dengist now

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Has any scholarship been done on Western efforts to "disrupt" rival countries using blockchain/alternative currencies? I know Yasha Levine has done great work exposing how the "free" internet is used by the U.S. for counterinsurgency and whatnot

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Rime posted:

Why would they bother, when thirst for the USD in developing nations serves the purpose of undermining the legitimacy of foreign currencies in their domestic markets and has for decades. The only economies being taken for a wild ride by this Crypto mania are western ones.

It would stand to reason then that Western economies would have better reason to halt crypto trading than China but that doesn't seem to be the case

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

So glad I cashed in 5 figures right before the crash. Feels good man

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

The entire crypto market is doing a dead cat bounce on the way down the stairs

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Yossarian-22 posted:

The entire crypto market is doing a dead cat bounce on the way down the stairs

gonna gaze upon my post whenever i think a recovery is happening for the next month or two

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

We're in the pump part of frog man's pump/dump cycle https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1396914548167233537

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

lol nobody trusts elon anymore. brief pump couldn't even break 40k and btc is now dumping again :sad:

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

some people are excited for elon restarting the bull run but i still think institutions are waiting until 20-25k range to buy back in. hopefully i'm right because i'm too cowardly to buy/fomo in anything right now, but some people think that once other people wake up to see the elon tweet that it'll burst through 40k and all will be normal again

thing is there's this thing called wyckoff distribution where institutions/media intentionally spread fud about an asset and buy the dips/sell on repeat until people are so exhausted and capitulate so much that the price crashes, and the funds get redistributed to the large holders. i think right now they are taking advantage of the musk/china panic and i am assuming that we are far from seeing the last dip in this flash bear cycle

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 01:54 on May 25, 2021

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

da bears

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

I'm never touching crypto, but with massive volatility swinging the price +/-5% multiple times a day it seems like you could make a crapload butts by just buying or selling every time it swung 1k in either direction. Also is there anything stopping a large whale from making massive leveraged call or shorts and then buying or dumping to reap infinite monopoly money?

i found a crypto hedgefund guy though a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy situation and either he will make me rich or take everything i gave him for free. this was exactly my thinking too hence the decision

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

https://www.wsj.com/articles/israel-gaza-conflict-spurs-bitcoin-donations-to-hamas-11622633400

how fast will the u.s. regulate crypto now

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Thank you chairman xi for saving the environment

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Mr. Lobe posted:

Yeah seriously. I think the people who manufacture everything are gonna win over some funny money

I look at how stupid big finance is and I'm not sure

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

i'm a hobbesian now

i bought into a shitcoin called dink doink that logan paul is gonna make videos about bc his friend made the coin. i am going to go to hell

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Waiting for the next altcoin season to go shitcoin crazy again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Smythe posted:

anything new in the coin world, coin lords?

Not investing but NFT poo poo is picking up again and Solana has exploded as a result. Might be too late to see big returns on investment, might not be.