Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

If you had to give a presentation on Smartypants what would it be? My top two are:

Idaho is Not the Midwest: How the US Education System Failed At Geography

And

Swimming Pools Are Not Urinals: A Desperate Plea After a Distrubing Conversation with Friends and Subsequent Polling

one piece: a better bible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Base ten was a mistake and we should switch to base twelve

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

If you had to give a presentation on Smartypants what would it be? My top two are:

Idaho is Not the Midwest: How the US Education System Failed At Geography

And

Swimming Pools Are Not Urinals: A Desperate Plea After a Distrubing Conversation with Friends and Subsequent Polling

Why angels crowd around satellites (to eat your text messages), and what texts they find the tastiest and/or nourishing.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've followed Demi for a long time and he's loving hilarious, was glad when I saw him in the trailer for this

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

inthesto posted:

Base ten was a mistake and we should switch to base twelve

Follow-up numerical presentation: measuring time in units of 60 and 24 is a mistake and we should switch to units of 100 and 10

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Why using Imperial instead of Metric is wrong, problematic and colonial

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Why using Imperial instead of Metric is wrong, problematic and colonial

That could be fun, but I'd also swerve and say F > C for daily life temps.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Beans in chili: big crime or biggest crime?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Phobia of clowns is made up bullshit: an analysis of stupid phobias and their global distributions

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Sam Reich hasn't been here the whole time, an in-depth investigation

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Actually, you should be afraid of maths.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
Everybody Wants to Rule the World (why every elected official MUST do mushrooms before serving).

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Pinwiz11 posted:

That could be fun, but I'd also swerve and say F > C for daily life temps.

This is an opinion shared by everyone who grew up with F and disagreed with by everyone who grew up with C.

People are just really good at convincing themselves their familiarity bias has a logical justification.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

MikeJF posted:

This is an opinion shared by everyone who grew up with F and disagreed with by everyone who grew up with C.

People are just really good at convincing themselves their familiarity bias has a logical justification.

But in this case the latter people are actually wrong because of their familiarity bias and the former are not