Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Magitek posted:

Honest question: Are there contexts where graduated tax calculations aren’t used and thus barely dropping into a particular bracket actually matters?

Depending on jurisdiction, there are certain welfare programs that have a cutoff kind of like that, but I don’t think there’s anything along those lines that would be remotely relevant for the kind of person who would blow several thousand dollars on trinkets.

Also, you can’t reduce your tax liability by purchasing products for yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly, the twist here was good, but this one didn't really sing for me like Sam Says does. Like, it was funny at points for sure, but it definitely feels very inside-joke-y, where it was probably really fun for the group themselves, but doesn't necessarily play outside of it the same way.

I feel the same. The storylines didn’t really come together in a way that was anything more than kind of amusing

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

MikeJF posted:

This is an opinion shared by everyone who grew up with F and disagreed with by everyone who grew up with C.

People are just really good at convincing themselves their familiarity bias has a logical justification.

But in this case the latter people are actually wrong because of their familiarity bias and the former are not