Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

It gets so much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

MikeJF posted:

Eh, forget it.

Nah I think you're right. I was caught a bit off guard by it all and I'm not even british. Brennan has some odd opinions and I couldn't see him lasting more than ten minutes in Ireland with that attitude. It didn't spoil anything for me though. I find people from the US like this if they haven't travelled much because they see everyone through the lens of the media they consume.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Yeah, we both agree people from the US are thin skinned and get confused and belligerent when people aren't being fake nice at them. More so if they have never experienced cultures outside of their own. It's almost like they are brainwashed to believe they are the best at everything and can't handle anything challenging that worldview without immediately thinking of violence.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Lol I'm Irish.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Do you think I need to have seen past season 1 of fantasy high for this one. I don't want to binge it and I'm on the second episode of season 2.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Ok that is what I figured. Can't wait to see this.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

They just added a dimenion20 animated series. It's only episode 1 so far and 2 minutes but i'm still laughing.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I was doodling around on youtube and I found the rick diggins stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysxG9P-L3BA

and here's the animated version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnylOrzi_Kw

It's wonderful. Can't wait for more of them to come.

Also The Seven starts tomorrow!!!

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I wish it was like an hour longer.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

tsob posted:

Does The Seven build on the earlier Fantasy High content? Cause I've yet to watch either season of it beyond the first episode. I should get around to it, but I just skipped to other seasons that looked more fun instead, honestly.

Yes directly. Like the characters in this are from the first season story. Also fantasy high is great.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I think it's a bit early to say there's a weak plot. It seems to be still stuck in the setup, which can be fine. I think next episode will see things start to ramp up more. I love it all so far.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

New animation is up yesterday. Kinda prefer the first one more. I get why they did but I think they're better when they don't animate the cast. I love Ally.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

:honk:

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

That was some loosey goosey stuff. I love Rehka.

This is kind of a weird ask but does anyone know if there's a thread for LA by night. I started watching it recently and I really like it and I just saw that Brennan is going to be in the new season at least a little bit.

lemonadesweetheart fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Sep 9, 2021

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Megazver posted:

The Actual Play thread, probably.

Personally, I must admit out of the two Jason Carl games I watched I prefer Seattle by Night. LAbN is goth theater kids very earnestly pretending to be vampires, SbN is a good home group having fun with a great GM. But they're both good.

I didn't know there was another one :D I just found labn because of Erika and it popped up on my youtubes. I'll check it out. Jason is a great storyteller.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7007206483683233030

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

They put up the first episode of the seven for anyone who isn't on dropout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_LkwjqQ_mo

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

fancy stats posted:

This latest season has been absolutely off the rails, it might be my favourite to date?

I love it

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Why was this half an episode!!!!!

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Galgadot

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Holy poo poo this episode of the Seven is awesome.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

New season trailer dropping tomorrow.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mlLfl5ZNLI

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

tsob posted:

Never heard of the GM, but the premise is fun and the cast are cool so I'm looking forward to how it and seeing how Gabe Hicks plays things. What system is it using, since it doesn't look like D'n'D stats on the character sheets?

He created the system himself according to the FAQ on dropout discord.

quote:

When does Shriek Week premiere?

Shriek Week premieres on Dropout.tv on Wednesday, November 10th, at 7pm EST / 4pm PST. Episodes will air every Wednesday.

How many episodes are in this season?

4 episodes.

Will there be associated Adventuring Party talkbacks for every episode?

There will be Adventuring Party talkbacks for every episode this season. Each episode was filmed after the preceding campaign episode recording, ala Misfits and Magic and The Seven, so there will not be a question submission form.

Does this season take place in the same universe as any other season?

No.

Is this season remotely shot or in-person?

This season was shot in-person. All cast and crew were following safety protocols and guidelines, however we were able to seat cast closer together than we were able to for Misfits and Magic or The Seven.

What game system does Shriek Week utilize?

The Mythic system, created by Gabe Hicks.

-When rolling an ability/skill/major you roll a d10

-You roll the number equal to what your skill is.

-Example: Having a Physical of 4 means you roll 4d10

A success is when you roll your die and at least one of them has a 7 or higher on the die.

Rolling a 1 with no successes (2-6) is a CRITICAL FAILURE
ex. results 2, 3, 5 = failure. results 1, 3, 5 = critical failure
Rolling a 10 is a CRITICAL SUCCESS
ex results 2, 3, 8 = success. results 1,5 10 = critical success

The mechanics will be further explained in the premiere episode.

Who are the cast and their characters?

Gabe Hicks (he / him): Game Master
Ify Nwadiwe (he / him) as Terry Talbo (he / him)
Terry is the son of the Wolfman
Stats:
Physical: 4
Mental: 3
Social: 3
Ally Beardsley (they / them) as Megan Mirror (she / her)
Megan is the sister of the ghost from The Ring
Stats:
Physical: 3
Social: 4
Lily Du (she / her) as Tuti IV (she / her)
Tuti IV is the daughter of the mummy.
Stats:
Physical: 4
Social: 2

Dani Fernandez (she / her) as Seven (she / her)
Seven is the daughter of The Count
Stats:
Physical: 2
Social: 4

Who are the crew members who produced this season?

Editor: Tyler Schuelke
Head of Production: David Kerns
Production Manager: Sophie Horwitz-Hirsch
Production Assistants: Ivan Avila & Mike Kent
Creative Producer & Production Designer: Rick Perry
Art Director: Katie McGeorge
Design Director: Paula Searing
Director of Photography: Kevin Stiller
Technical Director: Matt LaForest
Assistant Editor: Rommel Rodriguez
Post Producer: Todd Rutledge
Creative Director: Orion D. Black
Illustrator: Bee Arakaki
Gaffer: Tyler Hart
Swing: Matthew Miller
Key Grip: Jose Caldera
Sound Mixer: Akash Singh
On-Set Health and Safety Officer: Henry Moonrod

No Brennan this season?

No Brennan this season.

Who is Gabe Hicks?

Gabe Hicks (https://www.gabejamesgames.com/) is a game designer, GM, cosplayer, and creative producer who has worked with Critical Role, Roll 20, Paizo, and more. Gabe has previously appeared on Adventuring Academy in 2020, which you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axFT5zXjgWg

Will there be physical battlesets this season?

There will not be.

Who is the character illustrator this season?

Bee Arakaki - https://www.instagram.com/heybiji/

Will this season be released to Youtube?

There are no plans to release Shriek Week to Youtube as of yet.

Any info on the season(s) coming after Shriek Week?

Yes. A season featuring Brennan Lee Mulligan as GM and the Intrepid Heroes cast (Emily Axford, Ally Beardsley, Brian Murphy, Zac Oyama, Siobhan Thompson, and Lou Wilson) will be premiering shortly after the finale of Shriek Week.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

I will say the end had a moment with Brennan and Izzy that was very similar to the Lie Detector one in making you go "ohhh, that's why they're together".

Why would that even be a question someone would ask? Do people really think he's not good enough for her?

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Dunno if anyone cares or not but imma post it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgB5-7hH_Ew

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuQ3MSscXDE

It's nice of them to post these on youtube a while after they are added to dropout.

Shriek Week starts tonight

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

It was chaos.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

On reflection I think I'd like to see Gabe GM a less insane group. He is really putting in the effort here and I'm afraid it's just going to spiral out of control completely. I laughed my rear end off throughout and I think the characters and players are really funny but am I wrong in saying that the amount of effort he seems to have put into this deserves something a little more?

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

seaborgium posted:

I noticed that too. How many clubs did he list off to have them join, only for the main part of it to be "Ooops, dude got turned into a vampire spawn and now we have to deal with it". This seems like a bit too much chaos.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that the picture that gnome sent is of his actual eggplants he grows? I mean, Gabe kept referring to their garden and the great eggplants he grows.

Yeah I figured it was just a picture of an eggplant. He literally sent an eggplant emoji just before that too. Plus the reaction when they tried dragging him with some of the other NPCs was kinda telling that he's a pure and nice Gnome. They seem really judgy in general in a chaotic neutral on cocaine sort of way. Cleets was a dirty human (assuming he's related to John Henry or something) and the gorgon girl and cubey both got treated badly.

Also I like Ify playing a low key sad boy but nobody seems to be noticing and he's just a hair joke at the moment.

lemonadesweetheart fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 11, 2021

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

eke out posted:

it's literally a dating game and he seemed to be having a great time, i don't think there's some Main Plot that the characters are disregarding

I get that, I totally do and it is fun but the only one who seems to be even trying to get a date is Tuti :)

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Adventuring party is definitely worth checking out.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Goat house!
https://twitter.com/quiddie/status/1462680213028950016?s=20

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I feel like i'm posting too much in here but I checked out the last bad internet and I thought it was pretty funny.

Shriek Week is also going great. one more week left. The Adventure party is almost always as funny as the episodes too.

Also even though it's not Dropout specific, Battle for Beyond on youtube is really fun too. Bhullar seems to be a really good GM and the cast is first rate.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

They should just move them around. Brennan in the middle, Zac on the left, Josh on the right.

lemonadesweetheart fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Nov 30, 2021

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Someone tell me what the rules for the last game changer were, is it just smash things?

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I don't have Instagram.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Starstruck debuts later! Really looking forward to some intrepid adventuring. I love that they all dressed up for the occasion but Brian going the hole hog and growing his air out like an 70s rocker reject is the best.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

First episode is great so far.

Here's the info from discord https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQnFJ1blbdks7-vY4kIAR7955NZnVdsLrICMNQj2lmXEMKGaxy1x1TAWUqNKXPbJwuloyQmwJodx9PZ/pub

Dimension20 posted:

When does A Starstruck Odyssey premiere?

A Starstruck Odyssey premieres on Dropout.tv on Wednesday, January 12th, at 7pm EST / 4pm PST. Episodes will air every Wednesday.

There will also be a two-part interview series with Starstruck comic creator Elaine Lee and her son Brennan, with episodes airing on December 29th, 2021, and January 5th, 2022.

How many episodes are in this season?

18 episodes.

Will there be associated Adventuring Party talkbacks for every episode?

There will be Adventuring Party talkbacks for every episode this season. Each episode was filmed after the preceding campaign episode recording, ala Misfits and Magic and The Seven, so there will not be a question submission form.

Does this season take place in the same universe as any other season?

No, but this season does take place in an existing fictional universe - the universe of Starstruck, based on the comics by Elaine Lee and Michael Wm Kaluta.

Do I need to be familiar with Starstruck comics to understand this season?

Not at all. There will be references and easter eggs for fans of Starstruck, but none of it will be a prerequisite for enjoying or understanding any aspect of this season.

If you are interested in Starstruck comics, please go here: https://starstruckcomics.com/

And if you’re looking to get your own copy of the complete Starstruck comic series, IDW is releasing a special edition reprint in February 2022: https://www.idwpublishing.com/product/4303

Is this season remotely shot or in-person?

This season was shot in-person.

What game system does A Starstruck Odyssey utilize?

Star Wars 5e

Who is the Game Master this season?

Brennan Lee Mulligan.

Who are the cast and their characters?

Emily Axford (She / Her) as Sundry Sidney (She / Her)
Ally Beardsley (They / Them) as Margaret Encino (She / Her)
Brian Murphy (He / Him) as Big Barry Syx (He / Him)
Zac Oyama (He / Him) as Norman “The Skipper” Takamori (He / Him)
Siobhan Thompson (She / Her) as Riva (They / Them)
Lou Wilson (He / Him) as Gunthrie “Gunnie” Miggles-Rashbax (He / Him)

Who are the crew members who produced this season?

Director: Michael Schaubach
Editors: M Swing & Jared Nunn
Head of Production: David Kerns
Producer: Ash Minnick
Creative Director: Orion Black
Productions & Operations Manager: Sophie Horwitz-Hirsch
Production Assistants: Ivan Avila & Alejandra de la Torre
Creative Producer & Production Designer: Rick Perry
Art Director: Katie McGeorge
Assistant Art Director: Nick Muñoz
Set Dressers: Jared Piller & Vanessa Wilson
Art Production Assistants: Juliana Gonzalez & Skyler Dokhan
Consultants: Tegan Jenkins & Todd Moonbounce
Graphic Designers: Jason Dearing & Kevin Smith
Makeup Department Head: Denise Renee Valentine
Key Makeup Artist: Bianca Lopez
Key Grip: Ayden Marcus
Audio Mixers: Akash Singh & Beau Hodges
Gaffer: Tyler Hart
Design Director: Paula Searing
Post Production Producer: Toddrick Rutledge
VFX Artist: TJ Gonzalez
Supervising Sound Editor: TJ Dumser
Digital Model Maker: Hanan-Niel Ricketts
TaleSpire Consultant: Jonny Ree
Directors of Photography: Kevin Stiller & Santiago Bahti
Director of Technology: Matt LaForest
Assistant Editor: Rommel Rodriguez
Production Coordinator: Hallie Mayer
Director of Programming: Theodora Hart
Illustrator: Amy Reeder

Will there be physical battlesets this season?

There will not be. There will be 3D battlesets created and utilized within TaleSpire.

Who is the character illustrator this season?

Amy Reeder

Will this season be released to Youtube?

There are no plans to release A Starstruck Odyssey to Youtube as of yet.

If I want to watch live with other Dimension 20 fans, how should I do that?

Join the Discord (https://discord.gg/dropouttv) and follow the #live-discussion channel when new episodes are airing.

Any info on the season(s) coming after A Starstruck Odyssey?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Brennan and his mom doing an AMA on reddit later.

https://twitter.com/dimension20show/status/1485997318293831680