Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Pinwiz11 posted:

I was on vacation when the episode dropped, I just finished today.

:black101: Epistolary Phase :black101:

Wasn't really on board for another Feywild campaign since that's CR's jam right now and I'm currently in a Witchlight game but holy poo poo is Aabria in her element in a way I haven't seen before. And, of course, Lou and Emily. And Brennan. And...

Epistolary Phase is something I am going to steal so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Pinwiz11 posted:

Surena (ep 3) being revealed as a Warlock Patron killed me fjsjskfisbsjdiiwbsh

"I need more spell slots!" is something I've deeply felt before.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
“The best part of a White Christmas is the white part.”

Carolyn might not be a complete disaster like Amy, but she brings it when asked.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Pleads posted:

But if these challenges keep leaning on public embarrassment I'ma have to skip more and more parts because I have whatever the german word is that makes me hate it so much.
fremdschämen

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Izzy losing her mind at the very idea of pottery was good. Everything after was gravy.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Remember! The only good manatee is a dead manatee.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Alaska Thunderfuck channeling Gorgug via Cindy from Rock & Rule.

Bobulus posted:

I'm watching it now, I really appreciate how quickly everyone picked up on the 'Yes, and...' nature of Dimension20 games.

Easier to teach improv folk to D&D than teach D&D folk to improv.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Fobby posted:

For me, Breaking News is a delicate balance. It's not super entertaining to get someone like Katie who's too good at it or someone like Amy who's abominable (after the novelty of the first chortling meltdown, at least). You need to get contestants who have a baseline stoicism but can be driven over the edge by the sight of the boss drinking sterilized urine. I still like some of their improv prompt response segments though.

I too demand more Tao.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
That might just be my new favorite Bob Marley song.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Katie Marovitch is a robot and I am voicing my appreciation for her here as evidence for when the robots come for everyone (except me thanks to the aforementioned note of appreciation).

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Sam Says, Do I Hear $1?, followed incredibly closely by the Escape the Greenroom.

It's definitely funnier the more Dropout you've seen, but "Brennan is simultaneously one of the nicest and the most competitive people of all time, Lou's an improv/D&D MVP, and Siobhan is a human wild card" is about as much as you need to know.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Another absolutely unhinged Dirty Laundry for the books.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
American Omelette

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Dropout: The Grant O'Brien Humiliation Station (feat. BLM)

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

CatstropheWaitress posted:

The Grant O'Brien Humiliation Station (Featuring Black Lives Matter)

They were here the whole time.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Inkspot posted:

Katie Marovitch, is a robot Mike Trapp, and possibly more Dropout personalities are robots and I am voicing my appreciation for her all robots here as evidence for when the robots come for everyone (except me thanks to the aforementioned note of appreciation).

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
It took me way too long to realize you mean Australia and not the fairyland with teacup people, but I suppose both can be true.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
He would die.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
When will Dropout give me Wysocki vs. Gabrus? I don't care what show. I need them to meet and compete.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Got excited because I thought Claudio was PFT. Got more excited because the episode was great but there's still PFT to look forward to.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Never enough love for Coffin Run. All the vampire werewolf nonsense of a full Strahd campaign in 14 hours (including Adventuring Parties and a Q&A video).

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
And Jess Ross?! Not fair!

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
That anyone would play Catan more than once.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

MikeJF posted:

One of the things you've gotta remember about Taskmaster casting is that the assistant isn't just the funny foil, they're the real person running the show, while the Taskmaster is the charismatic figurehead.

Olanphonia posted:

Katie as taskmaster and Ally as assistant

Ally, the Taskmaster, arbitrarily handing out points and generally being playfully antagonistic. Katie, the Assistant, quietly suffering as she deadpans "All the information is on the task." and turns rolling her eyes into an Olympic sport. You don't need the exact roles duplicated. Just the vibes.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
For sure! "Vibes" as in... here's a bunch of relatively intelligent people being forced to do ridiculous things that make them look like complete morons for a person who doesn't really care about the results and a person who very much does. Which... could probably be accomplished by giving Sam some kind of Game Changer intern?

Inkspot fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 24, 2024

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Looks like the "everyone drinks and does a powerpoint" thing as a show.

PFT, Wysocki, Gabrus, and Trapp? Okay. You got me. I'm in. Let's go.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Sam, if that is his real name, is a liar.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

flatluigi posted:

i do like just about everything bdg's done but after digging through his youtube for the links above i found myself watching this another half dozen times again, so i figure i should link what might be my favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmFGbBmlyKQ

Tom Cardy + BDG (+ Montaigne?) = $$$

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
But + Montaigne. And Sam Reich's $$$. For more $$$.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
#TeamRekha