Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Ally was absolutely on fire that episode.
There were a lot of moments that hit pretty hard during that episode. "Chaos stops being cute" is such a hammerblow after how Ally's played Kristen for several seasons, which if that was how it was played on the long term was just a masterstroke.

Plenty of moments in that ep also just gave me flashbacks to stress from highschool. Somehow filled me with more dread than any given combat scenario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Wanderer posted:

* a kobold barbarian who's basically a mountain with feet and has no other utility or personality to speak of
To add to this, someone in the comments of this video, that with the right build and the kobold being level 10, he's hitting 35 from 18 with a whopping +17 to the roll.

The bad guy of the season being rules-as-written XP Systems and literal Rules Lawyers is a wonderful narrative twist. (I'm assuming that's the bad guy, there's a lot of bad poo poo happening. Maybe we'll get strudel demons from the strudel dimension)

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Dexo posted:

I don't think the Rat Grinders are going to be the main villains.

Maybe antagonists or annoying for the heroes for a bit, but like none of them seem evil. And Brennan while he's not a big fan of EXP, has stated multiple times he doesn't hate powergaming.
The Rat Grinders also plays into one of the themes they were getting at in junior year that they talk about a bit in the adventuring party segments. The disparate builds, multiclassing, trauma and indecision that comes with maintaining these characters over several seasons mirror what a lot of kids experience when they go through high school. There's this moment where the kids that were just being kids and loving around got a rude wakeup call when they see certain students with laser focus that know exactly what they want to be, how to achieve it with 100% efficiency, and do it seemingly without any problems and realize that that is their competition for college.

It's incredibly clever that it's mixing a disdain for a particular gaming style with the natural resentment that a high school student might feel about being forced to compete with those personalities.

So you're right, probably not outright villains.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

inthesto posted:

I was just thinking "I need people to geek out over Dropout with" then I remembered SA existed

I don't usually count on Ally to steal a show, but they were pure magic on the Game Changer premiere. Them making Brennan's entire life flash before his eyes as he blankly says "no, wait..." is one of my all time favorite Dropout moments, right next to "Thank you, Rick Ross"
Oscar's reaction to winning the LOTR box set was also golden.

There's a behind the scenes episode where brennan guesses the "second place wins" aspect and Sam details why it's so funny to make Brennan mad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3Yo4t6jqKw

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

boxen posted:

Bloodkeep is absolutely some of the best D20 content. The only thing that I miss with it vs later seasons is the after-episode talkbacks which weren't a thing until Misfits and Magic, I think?
There's the Reunion where they answer some questions about Escape from Bloodkeep:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGb2VYNd4ws
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63tcD2_hhHU
There's some external chats about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov-mKjazkmc

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

fancy stats posted:

promising first episode, hopefully the producers can get grant to stop interrupting the presenters as the season progresses
truly a fantastic presentation and I adored that bit, Grant's a good sport for being a deliberate heel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Danger Diabolik posted:

Insane d20 tonight.
Lot of varied, agonized Murph emotions on display.