Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Burginator posted:

This is also the first campaign I've watched with Brennan as a player and it's lovely to see him be able to put all of that creative energy he's got into a single wildly interesting character

Check out Misfits and Magic afterwards, the Brennan/Lou dynamic is great (and Brennan, again, has a very good and weird character).

I'm almost caught up on F&F and it's extremely good, everyone at the table is killing it. D20 overall has maintained amazing quality throughout the seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

This latest episode is spectacular.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

They continue to slay in the next episode.

"But a comma in the life of the arch fey!"

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Two Tone Shoes posted:

New Make Some Noise with the original 3.

It's as good as you would expect. The Pistachio bit had me rolling.

Brennan's ability to rattle off a deep lore monologue with minimal prompting is unparalleled.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Coatlicue posted:

Zach and Jacob getting progressivly more upset when they did the wrong thing was absolutely hilarious.

"poo poo! .... gently caress!

Excellent episode.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I Am Fowl posted:

There is a segment in the latest Gamechanger that is basically designed to be Brennan's Kobayashi Maru.

Holy poo poo it's good. He goes through such a range of emotions.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The first 5 minutes of this is absolutely buckwild.

e: This is a phenomenal episode of game changer, holy hell

Pleads fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Feb 8, 2023

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

This second ep of Game Changer is phenomenal. Absolutely top tier.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

With perhaps the biggest bummer ever.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

For everyone having issues with accursed tiktok:
https://twitter.com/GameChangerSam/status/1632775545879674881

Looks good. Looks great, even!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I Am Fowl posted:

Oh my god. Samuel Dalton was here the whole time. He was the Sam in the season's poster!

Goddamnit.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Very good first episode, they picked a great crew.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I'm binging Total Forgiveness now and it is both a fantastic series and also just a lowkey sad premise with an uncomfortable undertone of exploitative capitalism (which tbf is also a common undercurrent of their game shows and they use it to great effect and no I won't stop watching)

But if these challenges keep leaning on public embarrassment I'ma have to skip more and more parts because I have whatever the german word is that makes me hate it so much.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Crown of Candy was my favourite setting and I'm excited for this DM and this group of idiots to return to it.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

So many RATS in ep 3 of Survivor. So many gosh darned RATS!

Also a great guest and some great talents on display, that whole challenge was spectacular. Jake rules and holy poo poo Izzy's myriad talents lmao

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Very much enjoyed the Survivor finale, especially the full-set horrified pause after Jake's challenge started with dumping that bowl of water (and the way Laganja played it off as "I'm not important enough to be angry")

Just starting up The Ravening War now and on top of the cast being excellent, I'd forgotten the tonal whiplash the series gives you with Game of Throne's-esque politicking mixed in with lines like "Jessica Rabbit as a mango" and "knight yam-riders, it's yam rears up!"

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

That Make some Noise episode was great and I'll need to watch more, I think. Also the newest season of Breaking News is exceptional, even if it is hard for the other episodes to compare with Grant going nuclear on Sam.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Yeah Fantasy High is the way to go to see if they don't mind getting into the weeds of 5e and just love the D20 style, otherwise Misfits and Magic uses a similar system as Mentopolis and is excellent without the overhead.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

YggiDee posted:

He may have overshadowed the whole thing but "Evan Kelmp Blasts a Kid into the Underworld" was literally why I started watching the Dimension 20 games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OH5Kz3uXh8

I wanted some *context*

Yeah I know Evan Kelmp kinda took over that story but it's because he was fuckin phenomenal and weird. Brennan was way more low-key in the Fae campaign and looks to be setting himself up as the responsible parental figure for Stoat Saga which will hopefully give the other crazies at the table a chance to shine.

Kinda weird to go with 5e for it but yolo, Aabria has shown she'll flex it or homebrew things to fit better into the universe.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Yeah sure but there’s usually no tearful monologues in improv comedy

buddy

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Combed Thunderclap posted:

I also think Aabria wants to show off how well she can pull off a classic full d&d system with full combat scenarios, miniatures, the works
I did not watch her Critical Role EXU series but did they use combat minis the same way the main campaigns do? Cause if so she definitely has the pedigree without needing to prove anything on D20.

e: which is not meant as a knock in any way, maybe D20 was just like "this will be in 5e" and she said sure why not because the rest of the table is stellar/she loves GMing/work is work

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Zac Oyama was on The Yard which is a YouTuber podcast with Ludwig (mostly video game stuff but has also hosted events like chessboxing). I don’t know where that collab goes, if anywhere. But it exists!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I am watching Very Important People for the first time and as much as I normally have a desperate anxiety over awkward interview humour, this is pretty solid. Vic's character is a funny high-strung and Princess Emily finds her stride.

Asking if the host can perform the splits, getting an affirmative, then dropping into them yourself and waiting for them to follow is such a power move.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Bard Maddox posted:

if you have anxiety about awkward interviews, just wait until you get to the Vic’s Ex Step-Grandma episode, which is deeply off the rails (or just skip it if it’s gonna shake you because it goes places)

Yeah I basically hard-stopped that episode the moment the interview began, and don't plan to go back. From her appearance on Make Some Noise, Lisa Gilroy is an immense improv talent, but she goes extremely hard on antagonistic monkey cheese humour and it that just ain't my vibe.

Catching up on Breaking News has been great though!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Yeah probably not the best way to describe it since the brief amount I watched was at least a consistent character.

I'll just say she was A Lot and in a way I don't enjoy.

But I did watch the little behind the scenes things for each ep and the makeup crew did an incredible job and it's not easy for the actors to come up with a character on the spot when they've been in the chair for so long without any indication of what their new look will be.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Gaz-L posted:

I was just reminded of the one bit from the first Survivor where Lou knocked Brennan out of one of the 'don't laugh' challenge by being so nakedly pathetic that he (BLeeM) broke.

Please let me win...

Finally started on Junior Year, up to the part in ep 2 where they return home, and the whiplash of Fabian's "problems" when he returns home to Riz's "problems" are both stark and hilarious.

e: Ep 3: An aarakocra detective who says "I've got my eye on you" has gotta be a callback to EXU Calamity, right?

Pleads fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 10, 2024

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The Dolls ep is real good, that's my kind of awkward improv interview. Them speaking to each other in fake French and Vic going "je parle un petit peu français" and them looking at her like an idiot is very good.

So goddamn excited for Game Changer.

e: Josh Doll is also fantastic

Pleads fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Feb 12, 2024

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Pinwiz11 posted:

Point of Order! Brennan got 3rd, not 2nd.

This is true and, also, actually perfect for the episode.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Froghammer posted:

Ally shouting "GIRLIEEEE" in that weird cadence gets me every time

I hate it, but it's also hilarious.

Real good season so far, ramping up to be near the top of my D20 season list already.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

First off, absolute kudos to the makeup crew for Zac's whole fuckin thing. Horrifying.

Second off, lol.

When we're looking at what literally happened...
*dramatic pause while he leans his whole chair forward*
That's what happened.

Pleads fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Feb 24, 2024

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The guy's groupchat question is so fuckin good

e: this whole ep is amazing actually and everyone is funny and beautiful

Kloaked00 posted:

I think it’s Ify and Emily that have been doing the workouts…….

Goddamn
You ain't wrong :vince:

Pleads fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Feb 27, 2024

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The festival fight and shenanigans are fun but a fuckin multi-turn stun with an INT save requirement is an absolutely brutal mechanic for your players, dang.

e: I was going to be so mad at Brennan if he let Ally waste a whole round but goddamn, lol

Pleads fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Mar 2, 2024

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Neito posted:

"Sam Says Don't Flinch" got me, safely on the other side of the TV.

Lou getting double-flinched by the PA coming out afterwards is so good. So cruel.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I'm very confused by something in EP 11 of Junior Year because it feels like an editing error or I just entirely missed..... something. Will spoiler but not really any spoilers:

At like 54min as Adaine is wrapping up a great scene with her sister (that does briefly touch on Fig and her curse towards the end), Emily just jumps in and suddenly they're sneaking into Ruben's dream and it's a whole new thing and the last scene just gets cut off almost mid-sentence.

Am I crazy?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Magitek posted:

I think it was just a sudden moment for Emily to interject. Keep in mind that these are part of several scenes/discussions following the farm investigation, and this is just having Fig's scene follow on the tail of Adaine's.

OK I figured, but it just came in so abruptly (and I wanted like a few more final seconds of Adaine and her sister and her sister's cats for closure).

Season still rules, everyone is firing on all cylinders. Gorgug especially has had some great low-key moments in his growth.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I KILED GOD is such a phenomenal end to that episode.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Dimension 21 is a great and hellish idea.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

A++++++ episode

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

MikeJF posted:

She's not a regular PA, she's a comedian on her own Sam pulled in the others didn't know.

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

That's both crazy and awesome, good for them.

Escaping Ticketmaster if you want to play any large venue is basically impossible, so whatever. It's a prestige thing (and a pretty good one).