Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
End of lights race 2 was chaotic, dang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Kentucky could be good, and then there's the ever present Michigan that will never happen again. Definitely sad we never got to see Richmond though, my dad and I were gonna go see that.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Time to blast Delta Force on repeat for a month straight

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Frond posted:

GMR was a good race. I also think many forget that Grosjean is a good driver.

Indeed, was a bit of a slow burn but it was exciting. I think a liiiitle bit of distance tweaking to open up the strategy a bit more would have been better but that's always the question in play with a fixed distance race. Wasn't quite the banger as the Harvest GP 1 last year but track temp played a lot into that as well as the race distance (5 laps longer).

MazeOfTzeentch fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 18, 2021

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY BUMP DAY

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Basticle posted:

race owns, helio winning a 4th owns, haters get out

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Dang, the middle sector was so much faster then

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I really wish we could have seen the post race, because it would have been LIT

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Yeah they posted Ericsson's and Power's on Twitter but it's pretty pathetic when they lie and promise coverage to continue on the app that never happened.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
If Roger Penske can hop into a Porsche RS Spyder, Mario can absolutely huck around a LMP3. Mario and Michael should be Bronze-rated if they pay to get a ranking at this point due to their age, Marco is Gold, Jarett is Silver, lets get them in a LMP3 for Daytona or some poo poo.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Fun facts: bobby rahal just got bumped down to bronze because of his age so he could run a father son lmp3 with graham as well

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

IOwnCalculus posted:

They're talking about another 150-200hp with the 2.4L engine, right?

I think we'll hear that again, once, with the new engine on a day where the conditions are absolutely perfect for speed.

They're shooting for 900-950 combined with the hybrid, near the end of the rules cycle. They're increasing displacement as well as boost, and I think adding intercoolers as well to the spec (could be wrong on the IC)

I think it's pretty attainable.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Cygni posted:

That happened because the series used to mandate rear wing angles though, not really anything to do with development. They have roughly the same amount of development now as then (shocks and thats about it really).

They still do mandate rear wing angles at the superspeedways, but I don't think they do at short ovals, they just limit it by not allowing the upper wing flaps.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Hybrid power is also going to be a big question mark at Indy given the total lack of anywhere to recharge it. I could maybe see there being enough energy storage on the car to make one lap a bit quicker but even a full qualifying run might be asking too much.

From what I understand, (based on what Marshall Pruett has said in his podcast) on the superspeedways (as well as maybe the short ovals I guess), there is going to be a different hybrid generation system, he's hinted at it being a MGU-H style system on the turbo, to allow charging at full throttle and max boost, basically taking the energy wasted with the wastegates open and converting that to electricity.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Cygni posted:

They limit what aero parts you can and can’t run to put the teams in a downforce range, but there is no minimum AoA at the two speedway tracks left. In fact, there is a set maximum. On top of the max AoA, both Texas and Indy have the max downforce parts not allowed. It’s the inverse of the old days.

The AoA era was different for a lot of other reasons too that probably are worth leaving in the past.

Ah okay yeah, I didn't realize you meant they mandated a minimum angle, that's nuts

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Vasukhani posted:

this is gonna be chaos lol

If you think Indycar is gonna be chaos, SRO GT America is running their inaugural race, GT3, GT2, and GT4 multiclass, single driver 40 minute races, bronze drivers only.

They're putting dentists on this track for the first race of the series. :stare:

E:also I think the runs across the bridge could make for some decent passing opportunities, I hope at least. I love the elevation change, which I was not expecting.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Vasukhani posted:

Wait so are these all racing together for overall, or is the GT2 racing against itself?

The GT2 will be racing itself. It'll be on track with everyone else, but in a race of 1 in class

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
A friend of mine just told me that Mario crashed the 2 seater today. Don't have a source other than word of mouth but drat, this circuit even caught Mario out

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Herta mushroom stamped the entire field in quali, holy poo poo

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

abraham linksys posted:

gt america race had a car fishtail and spin out into another car just from trying to brake during the bumpiness off the bridge and because it's gt america that lead to 2/3 of the race being under a safety car

small preview for tomorrow i guess!

they managed to restart the race and then the race leader accelerated too fast getting onto the bridge and spun into the wall

To be fair GT America is all bronze drivers that are much more prone to those kind of mistakes. It looked like an optimistic half-hearted attempt at an overtake that are a bronze driver's signature finishing move.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Theris posted:

When was the last time someone went over a catch fence on a street course?

I think Sofia Flörsch, at Macau, although she might have just gone right through it.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Hopefully at least one of them (preferably saturday) will be a proper night race, none of this sunset bullshit. Let the track cool off and you get much better racing with the current package.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
gently caress. :(

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Vasukhani posted:

Wait, USAC midgets on the road course?

Quarter midgets in the support paddock.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I was expecting Laguna to be a snoozer because it usually is, but it was a fuckin' banger. Good enough I might rewatch it this week.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Jabroni and Human Dogshit Racing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Only the road and street courses it seems. Racer's article was pretty unclear, said full time then said 12 of 17 races.