Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Very hot take from me.

Most ovals lost their appeal when they stopped the cars being able to pack race.

For very good reasons, but I still miss watching it.

That race from a few years ago, where they somehow stuffed up the aero or something and the race turned into a pack race was crazy suspenseful. All the teams/drivers were pissed but it certainly made for one hell of a spectacle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Frond posted:

It was actually 6 cars. It also was like an endurance race. It was during the 2000 season’s psychotic horsepower war. Casey Mears (remember him?) finished 4th.

I loved that 2000's race so much. It was spread across 2 days because of rain, and the engines just kept exploding. Gil De Farran won the championship from that race.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Just rolled out of bed, turned on the TV and the race is just starting. Pretty happy about that!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

devmd01 posted:

Now it’s may! :hellyeah:

Now give me another week and I’ll be fully covered from my 2nd shot, so let’s do this! :getin:

I know its probably unlikely, but you can see the full barcode on your photo, someone could potentially edit it so that it can be scanned.

Unlikely as I said, but I'd rather you didn't get scammed on the ticket.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Love it!

Also insanely jealous of you and the kids. One day I hope to get to watch an Indy 500 live. Bit hard at the moment coming from Australia though :)

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I'm so tempted to get up at 2am to watch the race, but I think I'll risk the results being spoiled and record it to watch tomorrow evening.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Frond posted:

Askew is also in for Veekay.

Didn't Veekay drive really well in Detroit? Or am I blanking on him getting injured during the 2nd race? That seems like an odd change.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

harperdc posted:

Got injured riding a bicycle.

At least that’s a slightly less stupid way of doing that than the MotoGP rider who was texting while cycling and ran into a van and injured himself.

Ha! Thats amazing! Thanks for explaining :)

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I only realised during the first Detroit race that Marco isn't racing this year. And then I was struggling to remember if he raced last year as well? Is this the first season in a long time that we haven't had an Andretti in a race seat or at least a full time race seat?

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

harperdc posted:

Marco raced at Indy, he took a step back from the full season this year. I want to say he’s scheduled for a couple more races but I don’t remember offhand. I know he’s otherwise the pro in a LMP3 in IMSA for some of this season too.

And yes, that would break a decades-long streak of not having an Andretti on an American open wheel grid were Marco to go away completely. End of an era.

Ah yes, Forgot about Indy.

I imagine he will probably continue to race the Indy 500 for the next few years.

I still loved that race where he, Michael & Mario all raced.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

If Roger Penske can hop into a Porsche RS Spyder, Mario can absolutely huck around a LMP3. Mario and Michael should be Bronze-rated if they pay to get a ranking at this point due to their age, Marco is Gold, Jarett is Silver, lets get them in a LMP3 for Daytona or some poo poo.

Hell I don't even like Michael/Marco but I would root for that team so bad!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Yes! This is great news!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Was it Iowa where they pulled a number out of a hat (so to speak) and thats how the driver got their starting grid position?

I swear I remember that happening a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Did Christiano da Matta ever return to high level racing after he hit that deer in 2006?

I could probably just look that up I guess. But that he was one driver I really liked back in the Champ Car/CART days.