Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Diva Cupcake posted:

It sucks, a lot, but everyone is still going to watch this.

I'm not, op

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can recommend listening to the first part of todays football weekly which is about the european super league

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
jonathan Wilson's take that the super league teams could actually join the football league and then rule over the premier league is actually quite good

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
When you think about it, the super league would be a competition where arsenal and spurs would be continually humiliated, their delusional aspirations finally stamped into the ground for good as they are forever in last place, the laughing stock of the league

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Budzilla posted:

I will say I have no skin in this game but I do find football interesting since it is the world's game. A lot of people would only watch the game once or twice a year at home or in a bar this is the sort 'fan' the clubs' owners are eyeing at. Most people in non-football markets have only heard of a few big name teams like the ones in the Super League and if they can plaster those names all the time for game fixtures then that is a huge win for them.

Legacy might not be the best word but it defines people who deeply care about their game and built an important part of their lives around it. Club owners only care about the money and they are using the brand name as commodity to sell to larger markets. If you have a better adjective, I would use it.

Thanks for coming into the football forums and educating us about the current state of football op. some real eye opening stuff. we will get right on coming up with a better adjective for you.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hearing Barry mispronounce literally every foreign name is part of the charm op

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lots of spirited discussion itt, lots of new posters and so on. Gigi, if you need an IK to manage it all I'm standing bye.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

mila kunis posted:

I've stopped watching because all the bars are shut and tv subscriptions are a ripoff i don't want to pay more for on top of already existing subscriptions and non-dodgy streams that wont install malware or bitcoin miners are hard to find. I catch motd or other highlights now and then. Not sure my experience is that unique either, they've really killed the desire/ability of lots of people to watch

Finding free high quality streams is incredibly easy op

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rad Russian posted:

These clubs have MASSIVE followings outside of England that aren't fully capitalized upon because the matches are at weird times and the big clubs "don't play each other enough". If I'm in debt (or even if I'm not and have a large following outside of England) why not get the free money from those fans from a new TV deal catered to US and China?

While yes this accelerates the timeline of "football is ruined!", I'm not sure how exactly getting these plans scrapped helps. SL is cancelled and then everyone is happy that football is saved? The teams in the Super League already have a payroll 10x higher than most of the other teams they play in their leagues. And the difference has been growing over the last 20 years. Super League will just get this up to a 20x difference in payroll done in 2021 instead of waiting until 2030.

americans.txt

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dutch UEFA executive committee member Michael van Praag has described Agnielli as "a common liar, deceiver and traitor' fwiw

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
kinda miss the european super league

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

we did it, make this friggin forum top level already

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
as an ex world cup mod i like to think that i was part of why this forum became so popular. heck, i think all ex world cup mods can be proud of themselves.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
me: I want the friggin super league!!!!

mom: we have super league at home

home:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/Everton/status/1384423250256609280?s=19

Gonna be awkward in the prem

oliwan