Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

low key sex master posted:

Op you added a "u" in "labor" please fix this so it better reflects Gods preferred language (American :patriot:)

If you couldn't tell by the spelling of Labour, this thread isn't really about the American holiday. Notwithstanding,

Much of the world celebrates the achievements of the Labour Movement in early May. Without the Labour Movement we'd all be pretty much hosed, and it wouldn't have happened naturally as a step following industrialization if not for some badass motherfuckers organized and hard working people. I'm glad these holidays exist and I want more people to think about what they actually mean.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, please ask below and I'm sure someone will be capable of educating you on the value of your time and Labour. But;

The 8 hour work day is something that has been contested in recent decades, but it was once considered a boon for workers forced to work long hours.

"The first march for an eight-hour day by the labour movement occurred in Melbourne on 21 April 1856. On this day stonemasons and building workers on building sites around Melbourne stopped work and marched from the University of Melbourne to Parliament House to achieve an eight-hour day. Their direct action protest was a success, and they are noted as being among the first organized workers in the world to achieve an 8-hour day, with no loss of pay

At the time, people had to work insane hours to get by. I'm worried that we are slipping back towards that trend. Which is the impetus for this post

someone painted this at the time.

Workers build the world. Its the little people, the toilers and the scrappers.

As a Detroit born person, I love this mural by Diego Rivera. Many consider it his best work, Rivera included.

This mural occupies the Detroit Institute of Arts main atrium.
It shows the absolute strength and resolute pride of an organized workforce. The value of these organized individuals created the American automotive industry.

Anyways, I wanna keep this OP light and just celebrate hard working people everywhere regardless of their occupation.

Tell us what you are doing for Labour day. Tell us how your job sucks. Tell us about your local union. Tell us how you just read Marx yesterday.

Workers of The World! Unite!

Poohs Packin fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Apr 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Op you added a "u" in "labor" please fix this so it better reflects Gods preferred language (American :patriot:)

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thank Christ for hitachis, the creampie restaurant is :effortless:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

This was addressed in the OP. Thank you,

Regards,

Poohs Packin

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Working hard bringing a blue collar mentality to the thread thank you posters.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
im fun-employed

also

im gay

Nooner fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Apr 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER