Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince

I don't mean like poo poo-talking velveeta or kraft singles, that's just normal. And not like, blue cheese aficionados against the world, its fine if your taste for mold tends toward one way or the other.
I mean like booze snobs. Wine people who think white wine is effete, or how anyone could drink pinot, how crass. Or beer snobs who won't touch a beer that wasn't some spontaneously fermented from some belgian monk's dick yeast.
The real insufferable type of snobs.
For cheese though.
I don't see it- like "Camembert? More like Camembasic. Oh you eat unaged cheddar? How common. You call this white rubbery stuff mozzarella??" (Ok some people can get a bit like this about mozzeralla).
People are for sure like, this cheese is better than that cheese, but nobody's turning down a slice of pizza because the cheese is sub-par. You already ordered a big mac, you aren't about to turn your nose up at the processed cheese slice. Yeah it's gross, but you're still going to enjoy it.

Are there cheese snobs? :jerry: WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
the french?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Manifisto

I was at a very small dairy/cheesemaking place in another country and was tasting their cheeses (which were good!). the serving lady was like "these are just out of the fridge, I'm sorry, it's been slow today" and I was like "I don't gaf lady gimme dat curd." a group entered behind me including a lady probably in her sixties. she was offered the tasting with the same disclaimers and she wrinkled up her nose and said, witheringly, "I don't like cold cheese."

that lady was a certified cheese snob.

ty nesamdoom!

Finger Prince

Manifisto posted:

I was at a very small dairy/cheesemaking place in another country and was tasting their cheeses (which were good!). the serving lady was like "these are just out of the fridge, I'm sorry, it's been slow today" and I was like "I don't gaf lady gimme dat curd." a group entered behind me including a lady probably in her sixties. she was offered the tasting with the same disclaimers and she wrinkled up her nose and said, witheringly, "I don't like cold cheese."

that lady was a certified cheese snob.

Oh wow. I never thought of that kind of person.

Finger Prince

I was staying in a hotel by the airport in LA once and there was this annoying British family there. At the breakfast buffet, one of the kids was giving his grandma poo poo over wherever breakfast item it was (maybe it was those eggs with melted orange cheese mixed through like you get at some hotel buffet breakfasts). "I don' wan it Nanna! It's got choueese on it! I tol' you I don' wan anyfink if it's got choueese on it!". Was he like some kind of anti-cheese snob? Or just an overprivleged little poo poo?

Manifisto

deathly allergic to dairy and gramma is forgetful?

ty nesamdoom!

Finger Prince

Manifisto posted:

deathly allergic to dairy and gramma is forgetful?

Oh no there was no mistaking the tone of voice he was taking.
The nanna was only like in her 50s.
Anyway this is getting off topic.
I'm going to mark him down as probable cheese snob.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Apr 24, 2021

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
ill admit i am european and have strong opinions about chese, op

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

xcheopis

A good cheese tastes best when it is at room temperature but cold cheese (depending on the cheese) is also tasty. I'm sort of a snob but not exactly.

The worst cheese snob I've had the misfortune to "encounter" was this rear end in a top hat woman shopping at Cheese Board (https://cheeseboardcollective.coop/) on the day before Christmas. The Day Before Christmas. The store is packed, people are lined up outside to get in and this rear end in a top hat is demanding various samples for herself and also her daughter "as it's important to develop her palate" and I don't know how we all managed the self-control to not beat her down with a cheddar wheel.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Finger Prince

Nosfereefer posted:

ill admit i am european and have strong opinions about chese, op

hmm, would you say things like all spanish cheese is crap? or Gouda is really the only true dutch cheese. Or ask a waiter if that's actual parmegiano reggiano in the grinder he's holding over your pasta, or if it's just gran padano?

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

Finger Prince posted:

but nobody's turning down a slice of pizza because the cheese is sub-par

One time I had a pizza with american cheese only on top and I would turn down a slice of that

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Finger Prince

How Wonderful! posted:

One time I had a pizza with american cheese only on top and I would turn down a slice of that

did it once to try it though.

Prof. Crocodile

paging Big Beef City to this thread

Finger Prince

there are beer people who would choose not to drink at a bbq if the only beer the host had was Coors Lite. Imagine someone eating a dry cracker at a party because the cheese was la vache qui rit.

Manifisto

xcheopis posted:

A good cheese tastes best when it is at room temperature but cold cheese (depending on the cheese) is also tasty. I'm sort of a snob but not exactly.

The worst cheese snob I've had the misfortune to "encounter" was this rear end in a top hat woman shopping at Cheese Board (https://cheeseboardcollective.coop/) on the day before Christmas. The Day Before Christmas. The store is packed, people are lined up outside to get in and this rear end in a top hat is demanding various samples for herself and also her daughter "as it's important to develop her palate" and I don't know how we all managed the self-control to not beat her down with a cheddar wheel.

my brother and his family get pizza from the cheese board all the time, and I've had it a bunch of times too. yum. never been there to actually get cheese tho.

ty nesamdoom!

xcheopis

Manifisto posted:

my brother and his family get pizza from the cheese board all the time, and I've had it a bunch of times too. yum. never been there to actually get cheese tho.

I've liked their baked goods, in general, and they have awesome aged cheddars.

Khad

third time's the HRAAAAAAAAAAAAALF
hey pull my cheese

FutonForensic

I am going to be a gummy sommelier. I am going to huff gummy bears I shove in my nostril and tell people it was made from a good batch of corn syrup from the spring of 2020.

FutonForensic

quote is not edit

nut

my last boss made a bet with a diff employee and when he won it, she had to buy whatever cheese he wanted and he demanded some aged small wheel of some kind of cheese that was coated--and thus sealed from the air-- by a layer of caramel. i dunno how much the cheese was, which would determine if he was a cheese snob or a cheese freak

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince posted:

there are beer people who would choose not to drink at a bbq if the only beer the host had was Coors Lite. Imagine someone eating a dry cracker at a party because the cheese was la vache qui rit.

If the only beer on offer was Budweiser I'd probably just drink g&ts or the wine or something. Certain beer brands are like too sweet or have a strong acetaldehyde taste to me.

kuskus

order rennet from etsy to make your own ricotta at home. when it doesn’t firm up and you’ve wasted 3 gallons of milk, use it to make 32oz mango lassis for your whole family and then take turns farting away a stomach ache. this is one stop on the road to cheese snobbery.

Manifisto

where do people who absolutely insist on putting cheez whiz on their philly cheesesteaks fall? provolone is often an option but many are fully on board with the whiz. and yet . . . its cheez whiz, one of the most processed forms of cheese imaginable. it's like, can you be called a bread snob if you'll only eat wonder bread?

ty nesamdoom!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
I think it has to do with how you express your opinion. If you insist that your opinion must be taken as fact, then you might be a snob. This is particularly true if you insist that only a particular type of ingredient or preparation method is "correct". If you acknowledge that taste in food and beverages is subjective and varies widely, then you are most likely not a snob.

:butts: are always funny, though.

Manifisto

I'm an atom snob

if your food doesn't have atoms, buster, it's not food

ty nesamdoom!

xcheopis

Manifisto posted:

I'm an atom snob

if your food doesn't have atoms, buster, it's not food

I am positive my food contains no electrons.

Manifisto

xcheopis posted:

I'm positive my food contains no electrons.

you're pushing the line there buster

ty nesamdoom!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

xcheopis posted:

I am positive my food contains no electrons.

:rimshot:

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Manifisto posted:

she wrinkled up her nose and said, witheringly, "I don't like cold cheese."

what the F

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

I love all the cheeses

- cheddar

- red leicester

All of them. I love all of the cheeses.

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

Twenty Four

There's crappy cheese, but that's still better then "not cheese" unless its something that should absolutely not have cheese.

There's wrong cheese, but I feel like you have to go out of your way or make bad decisions to make this happen.

There's better cheese, but with the above statements in mind, I love cheese however I am definitely not a snob.

Manifisto

Twenty Four posted:

wrong cheese

for example, if any part of your cheese is moving independently :can:

ty nesamdoom!

wimsy

*reads question* yes I do op

wimsy

I believe there are cheese snobs

Khad

Smells like someone CUT THE CHEESE in here.

Macnult

if the gouda ain’t firm then i’m leaving

Khad

seriously who loving farted

Prof. Crocodile

did you say 'cheese knobs' op? i mean... i guess there might be such a thing, but i haven't ever seen one.

Manifisto

Prof. Crocodile posted:

did you say 'cheese knobs' op? i mean... i guess there might be such a thing, but i haven't ever seen one.

I think they're popular in the UK, find them on the grocery shelves next to the twiglets and scampi fries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Manifisto posted:

I think they're popular in the UK, find them on the grocery shelves next to the twiglets and scampi fries

did you know that if you evolve a twiglet it becomes a twigtrio?