Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
ROLL CALL OF CURRENT CHAMPIONS

Impact World Champion: Kenny Omega
Well, Omega backed up what he said and won the title. Other than a Swann re-match, there are no obvious challengers. Also the AEW World Champion and AAA Mega Champion.

Impact World Tag Team Champions: David Finlay & Juice Robinson
FinJuice does it again! The duo from NJPW beat the Good Brothers again, sending them to the back of the line. With New Japan cancelling some shows in Tokyo, might their reign last a little while longer? My guess for challengers is a team in Violent By Design, perhaps Joe Doering and Rhino.

Impact X-Division Champion: Josh Alexander
While not being a flippy guy, the Walking Weapon won the X-Division title from noted flippy guy Ace Austin in a fun match also involving TJP. There are plenty of guys who could reasonably challenge Alexander, but Ace Austin getting a rematch will probably be first in line.

Impact Knockouts Champion: Deonna Purazzo
The Virtuosa has defeated all challengers to her title, and Tenille Dashwood has been added to the list of the fallen. The return of Taylor Wilde makes Purazzo's next challenger obvious.

Impact Knockouts Tag Team Champions: Rachael Ellering & Jordynne Grace
Team Beef took down Fine N Flava at Rebellion in what was Ellering's third or fourth match overall since coming back from a knee injury. I could see Kimber Lee eventually getting involved in a match down the line, should the rematch with Hogan and Steelz go the current champs' way.

NEXT PAY-PER-VIEW EVENT: SLAMMIVERSARY XIX
This July, possibly at Skyway Studios due to COVID-19 still being a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Edward Mass posted:

The Virtuosa has defeated all challengers to her title, and Tenille Dashwood has been added to the list of the fallen. The return of Taylor Wilde makes Purazzo's next challenger obvious.

Tenille and Deonna really exceeded my expectations - I didn't expect the pace of their match being what it was. Also Taylor coming in and reminding everyone that she rules:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1386504650535411714?s=20

Edward Mass posted:

NEXT PAY-PER-VIEW EVENT: SLAMMIVERSARY XIX
This July, possibly at Skyway Studios due to COVID-19 still being a thing.

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1386505497981947909?s=20

I'm the target audience for those teasers, not gonna lie. So there's Joe, Chelsea, Okada, Naito, Muta (?), Mickie, Iconics (Aussie flag) and possibly Andrade with the Mexican flag?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

J-Ro posted:

Tenille and Deonna really exceeded my expectations - I didn't expect the pace of their match being what it was. Also Taylor coming in and reminding everyone that she rules:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1386504650535411714?s=20

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1386505497981947909?s=20

I'm the target audience for those teasers, not gonna lie. So there's Joe, Chelsea, Okada, Naito, Muta (?), Mickie, Iconics (Aussie flag) and possibly Andrade with the Mexican flag?

That teaser is hilarious. No way all of them show up but you almost have to give then credit for being brazen enough to advertise Naito and Okada in there.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Someone in the PPV GDT said something along the lines of "modern Eddie Edwards looks like a man whose gimmick is "heard too much Dropkick Murphys"" and I've been thinking about it ever since lol

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Chris James 2 posted:

Someone in the PPV GDT said something along the lines of "modern Eddie Edwards looks like a man whose gimmick is "heard too much Dropkick Murphys"" and I've been thinking about it ever since lol

Eddie Edwards without Davey Richards needs a gimmick, so why not play into his Boston-ness?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kenny's booked for Under Siege on Impact+ May 15. Opponent TBA

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I can't fathom Okada or Naito showing up on Impact instead of AEW, but honestly... the logical culmination of the Omega gimmick is the IWGP World title. And, say, doing the first Okada/Omega match outside of Japan would be a hell of a draw.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

I can't fathom Okada or Naito showing up on Impact instead of AEW, but honestly... the logical culmination of the Omega gimmick is the IWGP World title. And, say, doing the first Okada/Omega match outside of Japan would be a hell of a draw.

If that match happens in loving Impact I quit wrestling. You can toxx me.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Kenny's booked for Under Siege on Impact+ May 15. Opponent TBA

So he's probably either facing Eddie Edwards or Willie Mack. If it's Willie Mack I'm gonna subscribe to Impact+.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Pylons posted:

So he's probably either facing Eddie Edwards or Willie Mack. If it's Willie Mack I'm gonna subscribe to Impact+.

I’d bet it’s a Swann rematch.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

I’d bet it’s a Swann rematch.

I wouldn't care so much about that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, if we don't know how long this Kenny-appearing thing is gonna last, I'd rather it be spent on rostered talent he hasn't fought one-on-one before

Don't do rematches, and especially don't do rematches of singles matches where he already annihilated the other guy. The last ~4 minutes of that Swann main event was a snuff film. It ruled, but I don't need to see it again

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I feel like an alien because the Swann match was super meh and really didn't make me want to watch Kenny Omega slum it in Impact any more.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I think the Impact Wrestling/AEW crossover will keep going as long as the promotions can't tour safely, so I'd say Bound For Glory is a reasonable time for Omega to drop the belt.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the buys were high.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Scheduled for tonight:

Kenny Omega's in-ring celebration
Josh Alexander defends the X title against Ace Austin
Taylor Wilde vs Kimber Lee
W Morrissey's Impact debut

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Oh, you changed your avatar back to Thomas. I miss that dog now.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Would they have taped this right after the PPV or how does it work?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Would they have taped this right after the PPV or how does it work?

I would assume they did tapings Monday and Tuesday, maybe some stuff yesterday as well. The only good thing about this COVID-19 pandemic is that you can tape things out of order and there's no crowd to confuse or bore.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kenny is going to show up at the very last minute and I love it.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

my girlfriend turned this on because there’s nothing else to watch

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The W in W Morrissey stands for Wrestling.

Wrestling Morrissey is his name.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

does the color always looked washed out on their weekly shows? and muffled audio?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
EL PHANTASMO

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Big Cass has achieved EC3 levels of roid acne

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CORfw3Zq-tK/

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pinche Rudo posted:

That is nasty

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/KhalafSammy/status/1387944320116957193?s=20

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pinche Rudo posted:

Jesus Christ

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Glad to see Cardona is up and wrestling after the injury.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Reports coming in that this PPV was very successful :toot: Largest streaming number in company history, and ahead of the total buys of any show in the Anthem era (since Jan 2017)

quote:

Regarding the TV PPV package (not streaming), it was noted that numbers from one major provider shows that Rebellion did almost twice what the Hard To Kill pay-per-view did back in January, and did nine times the paid buys of Bound For Glory last October.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Deonna Purrazzo showed up at the AAA show and is going to be at Triplemania fighting Faby Apache with the Knockouts and Reina de Reinas titles on the line, winner take all

https://twitter.com/deonnapurrazzo/status/1388668283151437829?s=21

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/iandrewdiceclay/status/1388873371945930754?s=21

Lol I’ve never heard this story

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pinche Rudo posted:

hosed up that wrestling companies put tshirts on fat guys but not on this. Reverse it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is loving bonkers

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Chris James 2 posted:

Reports coming in that this PPV was very successful :toot: Largest streaming number in company history, and ahead of the total buys of any show in the Anthem era (since Jan 2017)

kenny isnt a draw in the us though

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gently caress it, if I can occasionally do these for shows I don't watch I can occasionally do it for a show I do watch. Impact:

Chris Sabin defeats Rhino in an Under Siege qualifier
Black Taurus attacks Brian Myers as Rosemary laughs
Taylor Wilde defeats Susan after attempted interference from Kimber Lee is stopped by Tenille Dashwood
Trey Miguel defeats Rohit Raju in an Under Siege qualifier
Doc Gallows defeats Juice Robinson after distractions from Kenny Omega and Karl Anderson. Postmatch Good Bros and Kenny beat up Juice and David Finlay; Eddie Edwards tries to make the save but gets beat up too
El Phantasmo defeats VSK
Rachael Ellering defeats Kiera Hogan
Next week: Rosemary vs Jessicka Havok with the winner getting a shot at Deonna Purrazzo's Knockouts title, Finlay vs Karl, and an X Division scramble between Raju, Ace Austin, Petey Williams, TJP, ELP and Acey Romero
Moose defeats James Storm in an Under Siege qualifier. Postmatch Moose crushes Storm's leg in a chair
At Under Siege, six-way between Moose, Sami Callihan, Chris Bey, Matt Cardona, Chris Sabin and Trey Miguel. Winner #1 contender to Kenny

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I’ll hazard a guess that Sabin will be #1 contender, setting up an Elite beatdown leading to the return of Alex Shelly.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Chris James 2 posted:

Deonna Purrazzo showed up at the AAA show and is going to be at Triplemania fighting Faby Apache with the Knockouts and Reina de Reinas titles on the line, winner take all

https://twitter.com/deonnapurrazzo/status/1388668283151437829?s=21

Deonna belt collector gonna come for Britt?

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Edward Mass posted:

I’ll hazard a guess that Sabin will be #1 contender, setting up an Elite beatdown leading to the return of Alex Shelly.

It does seem like they're pushing Moose for it by having him interact a ton with Don Callis, but they could certainly save that for later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Procrastinator posted:

It does seem like they're pushing Moose for it by having him interact a ton with Don Callis, but they could certainly save that for later.

If anything, I’d be inclined to believe Moose sides with the Elite.