Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Matt Striker is like a star and a half, but Josh Matthews is minus three stars, at least. It's a big improvement.

I will say, it is bizarre to have Kenny Omega and Jay White in front of a crowd this small. Even with the fans they do have there, it feels like a low level indie show, like a very well produced MLW show. Can Impact afford to have these stars but not afford to have an appropriate venue for them? Can they not make money on the ticket sales because their brand is so tainted? It's just so weird.

That said, marking the gently caress out for Jay White. Bound for Glory could be the first Impact show I just thoroughly enjoy in a long, long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I’m pretty sure there was a press release this past year from Impact Wrestling saying they turned a profit for what might have been the first time ever, so whatever they’re doing is working.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Edward Mass posted:

I’m pretty sure there was a press release this past year from Impact Wrestling saying they turned a profit for what might have been the first time ever, so whatever they’re doing is working.

Woah, OK, fair enough. I hope they spend to have a bigger venue for Bound for Glory since they're advertising it as this big cross promotional international thing, but I guess you could say they're doing the studio show thing.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I think my favorite dumb thing from the show last night was VBD saying their flag was orange because it's yellow stained with blood. We got a good laugh out of how silly that sounded.

Maybe it's setting up for a Team Taz cross-promotional feud over the color orange.