Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1398084250482642944?s=19

so let me get this straight

impact is doing a 60-minute iron man for the x division belt
on free tv instead of their upcoming ppv
except the majority of the match is on a preshow before the free tv
and this whole thing features tjp

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hahahaha it ends when the show starts?? What the deuce

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact

Sami Callihan calls out Kenny Omega, Moose interrupts and doesn't know why the loser of the title shot match jumps the line in picking fights. Good Brothers say that's a good point, Moose and Sami beat up Gallows and Anderson when they try to get Moose to beat up Sami
TJP and Fallah Bahh defeat Josh Alexander and Petey Williams; TJP pins Josh
Rich Swann and W Morrissey brawl backstage
Rosemary, Jessicka Havok, Tenille Dashwood, Rachael Ellering and Jordynne Grace (filling in for Taylor Wilde) defeat Deonna Purrazzo, Fire n Flava, Susan and Kimber Lee; Rosemary pins Deonna
TJP challenges Josh for the X title, Josh accepts. Scott D'Amore makes it official for next week in a one-hour ironman match, most of which will take place during the preshow (Before The Impact) and the ending minutes of the match will be the start of Impact
Eric Young says Violent By Design are taking over, and the tag titles were just the first step. New Japan's Satoshi Kojima comes out and challenges Joe Doering (a rival during their time in All Japan) for a match at Against All Odds, Doering accepts
Brian Myers gloats about injuring Matt Cardona, who they claim will be out a bit ("about 12 weeks") with a fractured orbital bone. Sam Beale accidentally interrupts, but Myers sees potential and wants to teach him
Decay (Black Taurus and Crazzy Steve) defeat Hernandez and Johnny Swinger; Steven pins Swinger
Also scheduled for next week in addition to the X title match: Jake Something vs Rohit Raju and Kojima vs Deaner
Good Bros defeat Moose and Sami Callihan; Gallows pins Sami. Moose had the match won at various points but Sami kept tagging himself in. After arguing and a bit of fighting, Moose stood and watched Sami get double-teamed. Moose spears Sami to end the show
Announced post-show that Deonna defends the Knockouts title against Rosemary at Against All Odds

Current card for Against All Odds June 12 on Impact+:

Kenny Omega defends the Impact title against Moose
Deonna Purrazzo defends the Knockouts title against Rosemary
Satoshi Kojima vs Joe Doering

give Rosemary the belt, cowards

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

abraham linksys posted:

jesus christ

1. Against All Odds is an Impact+ event, not a PPV
2. I’m not sure what your complaint is

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Edward Mass posted:

1. Against All Odds is an Impact+ event, not a PPV
2. I’m not sure what your complaint is

It could and probably should be a match on a live special at the very least, not a pre-show for TV.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It could and probably should be a match on a live special at the very least, not a pre-show for TV.

Ah, the whole part about TJP being in the match threw me off.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1398076321532628995

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

TNA after almost 20 years finally realized iron man matches aren’t tag team events, and are meant to be 60 minutes long, only to still give it away for free, because why push fans to something that makes your promotion profitable when you could… not do that?

The more things change…

E: oh lmao it’s a preshow. A massive stipulation match for a belt and it’s the curtain jerk. Christ.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 05:07 on May 28, 2021

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
you'd think if impact were smart enough to know that tjp isn't a ratings draw, and won't pop a buy rating (or subscription count i guess, whatever), they'd be smart enough to not keep giving him big matches

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Can either of these guys be realistically expected to work a 60 minute match? It’s not like either of them are old timers but I feel like this is either going to have a ton of rest spots or be very heavily edited

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DJExile posted:

Can either of these guys be realistically expected to work a 60 minute match? It’s not like either of them are old timers but I feel like this is either going to have a ton of rest spots or be very heavily edited

Josh had a couple hour-long iron man matches in a Canadian indie a few years ago
This is TJP's first ever

Prob gonna be heavily edited

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hey guys

Any orifice

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lWAHkontss

full promo is really good

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Chris James 2 posted:

Joe Doering vs Satoshi Kojima at Against All Odds :woop:

It was pretty good 11 years ago for the Triple Crown, it will probably be pretty good now.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Big Cass was a famously terrible promo in WWE, constantly pausing to remember his lines and doing the generic "talk every sentence. Out. Like. This!" thing.

Funny how when he gets to speak from the heart and cut a promo like a normal person, he comes off as engaging and charismatic. That was a really good promo I never thought he had in him.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Joe Doering vs Satoshi Kojima at Against All Odds :woop:

It's really cool that Impact decided to run an All Japan legends match.

Edward Mass posted:

Ah, the whole part about TJP being in the match threw me off.

TJP is an easy figure of ridicule, by virtue of being TJP.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

First Iron Man match I ever saw was at a WWF house show, it was The Rockers vs The Fabulous Rougeaus.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

abraham linksys posted:

jesus christ

Honestly, a 60 minute iron match with TJP on the preshow definitely is where it belongs.

Anyway, Kojima vs Doering should be dope. They had one singles match before, for the Triple Crown which you can watch here: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7ub0pd

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
I think it should also be noted that the X Division is the only singles championship the company "has" right now that could be regularly featured, as Kenny has their World Championship(s)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I completely understand why people poo poo on TJP but he's a fairly capable in ring guy, the problem is that he's feces made flesh as a person. Plus he's been through the NJPW dojo, so his cardio is probably good.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I completely understand why people poo poo on TJP but he's a fairly capable in ring guy, the problem is that he's feces made flesh as a person. Plus he's been through the NJPW dojo, so his cardio is probably good.

Yeah, but I want to see him in 15 minute matches, not hour long ones. It's not that he's bad in ring but his style isn't really what I'd expect to work in that sort of match.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

smikey posted:

I think it should also be noted that the X Division is the only singles championship the company "has" right now that could be regularly featured, as Kenny has their World Championship(s)

*cough*Deonna Purrazzo*cough*

smikey
May 22, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

Oh right, she also ate the pin in a tag match for no reason last night.

edit: and she was in a 10-person tag ffs.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I don't get the complaint about the Iron Man match being on BTI tbh - it gives the regular show space to run the rest of the storylines and highlights BTI as "hey, sometimes cool stuff happens here, check this poo poo out" with a high caliber match. Both Alexander and TJP should be more than able to make it a legit good match-up - even though I couldn't care less about TJP, Josh is great and I'll watch him throw Perkins around for an hour.

Edward Mass posted:

smikey posted:

Oh right, she also ate the pin in a tag match for no reason last night.

edit: and she was in a 10-person tag ffs.

Both the match and her eating the pin made sense. Both sides are interacting on the reg both as friends / partners (or annoyances in case of Dashwood) and as opponents. Susan's botched shoe throw annoyed Tasha and Kiera enough to get into a brawl with Susan and Kimber, leaving Deonna wide open. Rosemary's been quite open about wanting an opportunity at the title so her pinning Purrazzo sets that up.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Benne posted:

Big Cass was a famously terrible promo in WWE, constantly pausing to remember his lines and doing the generic "talk every sentence. Out. Like. This!" thing.

Funny how when he gets to speak from the heart and cut a promo like a normal person, he comes off as engaging and charismatic. That was a really good promo I never thought he had in him.

He also doesn't have to do the exaggerated accent like a random mook in a New Jersey gangster movie anymore.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

TJ Perkins is a 7/10 who thinks he's an 11/10. His matches are usually pretty good but his focus is on making himself look good.

smikey
May 22, 2004

Lamuella posted:

TJ Perkins is a 7/10 who thinks he's an 11/10. His matches are usually pretty good but his focus is on making himself look good.

My favorite claim of his is that he's never faced anyone good enough to teach him anything about working in a wrestling ring his entire career. His first year he was in a match with Jushin Liger

edit: No wait, that's my second favorite claim of his. My first is his claim of independently thinking of every major school of philosophy in human history all on his lonesome.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1400452209666633728?s=20

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1398451525924515842?s=20

The Ironman Match happens tonight (BTI should be streaming on Twitch too, as well as on Youtube). In other Impact news:

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1400485079101607942?s=20

Supposedly only a "short match" and no talks of signing, but Lady Frost rules nonetheless. Also:

PWInsider posted:

FORMER WWE PERFORMER TO DEBUT TONIGHT AND MORE IMPACT NOTES

By Mike Johnson on 2021-06-03 13:50:00

Impact Wrestling sources have indicated that a former WWE talent will make his debut tonight in a vignette. We are told it's a talent who "never really got a fair chance" during his time in WWE.

There is slated to be an announcement soon about Impact Wrestling trading cards being released.

In order to accomodate the entire match tonight, the X-Division Iron Man match between Josh Alexander and TJP will begin on BTI and then the final minutes will open tonight's Impact on AXS, so if you wish to see the entire match, which we are told is awesome, make sure you watch or DVR BTI as well as Impact. We are told that the idea behind the match was to elevate the X-Division title in a major way going forward with one person comparing to when Rob Van Dam held the ECW TV title and that was seen as important as the ECW World title.

Next week's Impact in 60 will feature Doc Gallows.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
"Never got a fair chance in WWE" doesn't really narrow it down.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It's probably Steve Cutler/Maclin, one of the Forgotten Sons.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Lady Frost was cool in every appearance I've seen her in and I'm laughing at a legend like Kojima vs Deaner but it'll probably be fine. I hope Fire n Flava get more exposure and escape the Impact bubble since they're one of the few actual women's tag-team acts in the US scene, especially if there's a chance that Kierra can get booked with her girlfriend Diamante after Ivelisse hosed their chances up in AEW

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
We're getting Satoshi Kojima vs. Deaner to set up the Joe Doering match, and I'm not complaining since they're stablemates.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Edward Mass posted:

We're getting Satoshi Kojima vs. Deaner to set up the Joe Doering match, and I'm not complaining since they're stablemates.

Isn't Deaner a bump maniac? God, Kojima hits hard enough that could be a sight in of itself.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

RealFoxy posted:

I hope Fire n Flava get more exposure and escape the Impact bubble since they're one of the few actual women's tag-team acts in the US scene, especially if there's a chance that Kierra can get booked with her girlfriend Diamante after Ivelisse hosed their chances up in AEW

Considering the other active (lol) women tag division is in WWE I hope they hang around Impact for a while longer.

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1400542810684592135?s=20

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

J-Ro posted:

Considering the other active (lol) women tag division is in WWE I hope they hang around Impact for a while longer.

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1400542810684592135?s=20
The Iconics would be perfect in the Impact Women's division. Despite the bad reputation that TNA/Imapct get they've had some of the most memorable women's feuds/factions/tag-teams in NA. When the plague is over TJPW could send over the Bakuretsu sisters to Impact and legitimately start to build women's tag-team wrestling up internationally.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Considering their 90-day no compete clause is up just before Slammiversary, I’d give even odds that they appear ASAP. Hell, I could see Impact Wrestling taping some stuff on July 14th for the show airing the next night just to squeeze as much as they can in.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact's starting, the ironman match has ~7 minutes left and Josh Alexander's up 1-0

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact

Josh Alexander retains the X title over TJP in an Ironman match that exceeds an hour long and goes to sudden death, 2 falls to 1
Don Callis celebrates with Good Brothers backstage on getting Moose and Sami Callihan to attack, and be more focused on, each other than Kenny Omega
Scott D'Amore congratulates Josh and TJP on their match, Josh says he's the real star of Impact now, the king of the mountain, and wants to defend as regularly as he can. Multiple X Division talent argue around D'Amore over who's next to get a shot
Jake Something defeats Rohit Raju in a tables match
Jessicka Havok interrupts Rosemary's promo and says she wants the Knockouts title too. Rosemary wants her on her side/with the Decay, but if Havok wants Rosemary's #1 contendership, she can try to take it from her
W Morrissey attacks Rich Swann on his way to the ring. Security stops him from doing further damage after taking Swann's head off with a big boot, Willie Mack comes out with a chair
Tenille Dashwood tells Rachael Ellering they should be tag partners instead, Jordynne Grace interrupts
Havok vs Rosemary next week, if Havok wins Deonna Purrazzo must defend against both of them in a triple threat at Against All Odds. Deonna's told this and says the one good thing about the odds constantly being stacked against her these days is she keeps winning anyway
Fire n Flava (Tasha Steelz and Kiera Hogan) retain the Knockouts tag titles over Ellering and Jordynne; Tasha pins Jordynne
Kimber Lee and Susan talk with D'Amore, they get the next Knockouts tag title shot at Against All Odds
Callis interrupts Sami Callihan's promo to wish him good luck
Steve Maclin (fka Steve Cutler of the Forgotten Sons) vignette
Satoshi Kojima, in his Impact debut match, defeats Deaner. Eddie Edwards stopped Joe Doering from interfering
Callis interrupts Moose's promo to wish him good luck
Decay interrupt Eric Young's promo. Eric accepts Crazzy Steve's proposal: at Against All Odds Deaner and Rhino freebird rule the tag titles and defend against Steve and Black Taurus
Morrissey vs Swann at Against All Odds; next week Morrissey vs Mack
Sami beats Moose via DQ after Good Brothers attack Sami. Postmatch Good Brothers attack Moose too, Kenny comes out and joins in on the attack beating up both
D'Amore meets Callis backstage, changes the Against All Odds main event to Kenny defending against both Moose and Sami in a triple threat. Callis says Tony Khan won't allow that, he hates Sami and won't let him touch an AEW star; D’Amore invited Tony to appear next week to confirm or deny that himself

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jun 4, 2021

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lol Impact

Omega/Moose was only mildly interesting, but adding Sami to the match kills all my interest in seeing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevel
Dec 25, 2004
These moonlight desires haunt me....

Chris James 2 posted:

D'Amore meets Callis backstage, changes the Against All Odds main event to Kenny defending against both Moose and Sami in a triple threat. D'Amore says Tony Khan won't allow that, he hates Sami and won't let him touch an AEW star; Callis invited Tony to appear next week to confirm or deny that himself

Callis was the one who said Tony Khan won't allow that and D'Amore invited Tony to appear next week.