Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

They both seem pretty gassed. Who knows how many matches Kenny had wrestled the day/week this was taped though.

And Moose usually doesn't do 20+ minute singles matches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

GENERATION ME

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
lol @ the way the bucks picked up the ref by the belt

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Against All Odds

Sami Callihan and Tommy Dreamer defeat Good Brothers; Sami pins Karl Anderson after using the bat
Joe Doering defeats Satoshi Kojima
A fiveway #1 contenders X Division match between Ace Austin, Chris Bey, Rohit Raju, Petey Williams and Trey Miguel ends in no contest after Madman Fulton attacks all the non-Ace participants in an effort to help Ace win
W Morrissey defeats Rich Swann
Tenille Dashwood defeats Jordynne Grace; Kaleb distracts the ref from Grace getting a submission win, Rachael Ellering attacks Kaleb. Grace yells at Rachael saying she doesn't need to get involved, Tenille rolls her up during the distraction. Postmatch Grace yells at Rachael, attacks Kaleb, and then yells at Rachael again
Jake Something interrupts Brian Myers' pep talk to Sam Beale
Fire n Flava retain the Knockouts tag titles over Kimber Lee and Susan; Tasha Steelz pins Susan
Violent By Design retain the tag titles over Decay; Deaner pins Crazzy Steve. Black Taurus got hurt
Another Steve Maclin vignette
Deonna Purrazzo retains the Knockouts title over Rosemary
Kenny Omega retains the world title over Moose. Kenny pulls the ref in during a spear attempt, the Young Bucks interfere and help Kenny hit the One Winged Angel. Postmatch the lights go out and Sami Callihan attacks the Elite with the bat. He tries to do the bat spot with Kenny and Don Callis stops him by firing him from Impact

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Eh, I was quiet enjoying that until the finish. Although being able to go GENERATION ME RETURNED TO IMPACT is fun.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It was a fun match, finish kinda sucked, yeah, but since Moose re-signed they're absolutely not having him lose clean.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If I were running Impact I would try to avoid having the literal last moment of my special be someone yelling "Bullshit!"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

It was a fun match, finish kinda sucked, yeah, but since Moose re-signed they're absolutely not having him lose clean.

I'm fine with protecting Moose and Kenny winning nefariously, I just wish it didn't involve ref bumps and interference. Smack the guy in the dick and then hurk him up for your finisher.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, story of that event for me was at least half the card being good matches right up until the finish

So a downgrade from usual modern TNA, an upgrade from the Jarrett and Carter days of TNA, and a vast upgrade from how WWE's sounded for the last five years

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
I think this also sealed that Moose will get a rematch down the road and 100% be the guy who wins the titles back from Kenny.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1403906217563459584

Worth it

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Chris James 2 posted:

Sami Callihan attacks the Elite with the bat. He tries to do the bat spot with Kenny and Don Callis stops him by firing him from Impact

Tony Khan going to put Sami Callihan on Dynamite so everyone watching will know to never watch Impact, playing chess against these checkers bitches.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They need to get Okada to fly in so he can team with the Bucks as Impact killers

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Did I miss it or how did they explain how Sami got from Nashville to Jacksonville? Does his hacker gimmick include teleporting?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Did I miss it or how did they explain how Sami got from Nashville to Jacksonville? Does his hacker gimmick include teleporting?

Yes.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't think I have the bandwidth for more lore

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

nashville to jacksonville is only about an hour long flight

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

genuinely yes I don't know why. he messes with his phone and then teleports around

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

flashy_mcflash posted:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider again saying Moose is staying/extended his deal

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It looks like Satoshi Kojima is going to be staying stateside a bit longer - he's got a match against Rhino this Thursday where if Kojima wins, he and Eddie Edwards get a tag team title shot at Slammiversary.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Don West has brain lymphoma :smith:

https://twitter.com/RealJeffJarrett/status/1404897604442464256

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo :(

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
That really loving sucks :(

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Don West loving owned even in literally the darkest, most poo poo-rear end days of TNA and always seemed like an insanely nice guy. God I hope he beats this.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Don West and Mike Temay were the voice of TNA. That sucks :(

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/Justin_SofOK/status/1271543079066120193

There has not been anyone that has had more fun and shown more sheer, honest joy in the broadcast booth than Don West.

TNA's problems have been a near endless list but god bless Don, he did his absolute damndest to sell that product and had an absolute blast watching and commentating on it.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Also that’s the exact reaction to have to Homicide’s dives. God drat they’re good.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/Justin_SofOK/status/1271543079066120193

There has not been anyone that has had more fun and shown more sheer, honest joy in the broadcast booth than Don West.

TNA's problems have been a near endless list but god bless Don, he did his absolute damndest to sell that product and had an absolute blast watching and commentating on it.

Don went from being pretty drat bad when TNA started, changed nothing about how he announced except he probably learned more names of moves and spun back around to being amazing. His energy was always just off the charts and his role managing Amazing Red was top notch.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Don West loving owned even in literally the darkest, most poo poo-rear end days of TNA and always seemed like an insanely nice guy. God I hope he beats this.

Don West rules and I hope for the same.

https://twitter.com/DonWestDeals/status/1301972101440520193?s=20

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Justin_SofOK/status/1370201781863649281

Protect this man at all costs

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact

Moose asks Scott D'Amore for help fixing the controversy from Against All Odds, he wants a fair title shot without interference, but D'Amore says he needs to wait to hear from the Anthem board member coming to visit later
TJP defeats Black Taurus. Postmatch Moose attacks TJP and says if D'Amore won't listen to a request, maybe he'll listen to his show being unable to happen. Chris Sabin attacks and chases off Moose, then challenges him to a match for Slammiversary
Backstage Ace Austin asks Rohit Raju for help, Raju accepts
Josh Alexander defeats Madman Fulton. Postmatch Ace attacks Josh. Petey Williams tries to help but is attacked by Raju, then Trey Miguel tries to help but is attacked by Mahabali Shera
Deonna Purrazzo gives up on Susan and Kimber Lee, calling them losers
W Morrissey wants everyone in the locker room to listen to him: you can only trust yourself, you don't have friends here, and they won't save you
Steve Maclin wins his Impact debut over Jason Page in a squash
Rachael Ellering tries to calm Jordynne Grace, who's still upset everyone thinks she's a weak link
Don Callis thinks the Anthem rep will congratulate him for what he did at Against All Odds
Tenille defeats Rachael, Rachael's first singles loss in Impact. Tenille tries to gift her a shirt pre-match. Kaleb interferes early and then provides a distraction at the end, Jordynne doesn't come out to try to help
TJP tries confronting D'Amore about the Moose attack, Decay interrupt and challenge TJP and Fallah Bahh
Fire n Flava berate janitors backstage for not knowing who they are. Rosemary and Jessicka Havok interrupt and attack the champs, tossing Kiera in a trash truck. Kiera gets up and wonders why there's a trash bag with a "Mickie" sticky note attached to it beside her
Satoshi Kojima defeats Rhino; with the win Kojima and Eddie Edwards earn a tag title shot against Violent By Design
Next week: Deonna vs Susan, Kiera vs Rosemary, Raju & Shera vs TJP & Petey, and Kojima & Edwards get their tag title shot
Sami Callihan, despite having been fired, interrupts, storms the ring and calls out Callis and Kenny Omega. Back from commercial break security try to take him out but D'Amore arrives and calls them off and asks Sami to trust him to fix this, so Sami leaves
Callis tells D'Amore he's too soft and needs a hardass like Callis to not be everyone's friend. D'Amore says Callis did this to protect Kenny. Tommy Dreamer comes out and says he's the Anthem board rep; Sami's reinstated, and Callis is fired (Dreamer adds there's a trash bag waiting for him in the back)
Sami meets Callis backstage and informs him he's destroying Kenny at Slammiversary and making him watch, helplessly

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Sami meets Callis backstage and informs him he's destroying Kenny at Slammiversary and making him watch

that’s a big threat tbh

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
How is Sami going to make Don watch if he's fired

How would he make him watch while wrestling at the same time

Sami your plan is dumb and makes no sense

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Obviously, Sam Beale is going to restrain Don Callis.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

How is Sami going to make Don watch if he's fired

How would he make him watch while wrestling at the same time

Sami your plan is dumb and makes no sense

Because Don is still Kenny's manager?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Sami Callahan proposed to Havok, and she said yes :3:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Because Don is still Kenny's manager?
Either I'm unclear on what fired means, or they are.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sticklefifer posted:

Either I'm unclear on what fired means, or they are.

He's fired as an exec of Impact. They can't fire him from his job as Kenny's manager on Kenny's behalf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Impact

Don Callis and Kenny Omega enter the building, Callis is asked by an official to leave but refuses
Rosemary defeats Kiera Hogan; Tasha Steelz interferes briefly but Jessicka Havok comes out to help
Petey Williams and Trey Miguel ask Chris Bey to help them against the alliance Ace Austin, Madman Fulton, Rohit Raju and Mahabali Shera have formed
Tommy Dreamer says Anthem's keeping him as a consultant for Impact. Scott D'Amore thanks him for last week
Deonna Purrazzo defeats Susan. Postmatch Deonna continues attacking Susan, but Kimber Lee makes her stop
TJP and Fallah Bahh challenge Willie Mack and Rich Swann to a match next week over who should be tag title #1 contender next
Callis recommends a match to Dreamer for next week: Callis' team (Kenny and the Good Bros) vs 3 people Dreamer picks
Raju and Shera defeat Petey and Trey; Raju defeats Petey after Petey's distracted by Ace and Fulton coming out. Postmatch the alliance beats up Petey and Trey, Josh Alexander comes out to try and help but eventually gets overwhelmed too. Bey comes out on the ramp and takes a selfie video laughing at the beatdown
Sami Callihan and Moose volunteer for Dreamer's team
Rachael Ellering apologizes to Jordynne Grace, Jordynne says she's tired of her accomplishments being minimized, of being considered a weak link, and of hearing about Tenille Dashwood. Jazz tries to fix things by saying Jordynne needs to take her ego down a notch, Rachael stops and says it's her fault too and all she wants is them to still be friends and a team. Jordynne needs to think about it and leaves. Tenille enters and again wants Rachael on her team, Rachael challenges her to another match, they brawl and Kaleb helps Tenille leave
Jake Something defeats Sam Beale (with Brian Myers). Postmatch Myers says Sam needs more lessons on how to be a professional and berates him for using a chair (he didn't use a chair, and Myers introduced the chair into the match in the first place)
Swann and Mack wish Eddie Edwards and Satoshi Kojima good luck in their match
Next week: TJP & Fallah Bahh vs Mack & Swann; Bey vs Petey; Kenny & Good Bros vs Sami, Moose & Chris Sabin
Violent by Design (Joe Doering and Deaner) retain the tag titles over Edwards and Kojima; Doering pins Eddie. VbD pose on the ramp to close the show