Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

My not being there to watch live evidently missed nothing

Impact

W Morrissey jumps Eddie Edwards in the parking lot, ensuring he won't be in the show-opening match with Satoshi Kojima
Brian Myers tells Kojima to leave since he's no longer needed. Kojima gets double-teamed by Myers and Sam Beale; Jake Something makes the save
Kojima and Jake defeat Myers and Beale; Kojima pins Myers
Rosemary and Jessicka Havok tell Scott D'Amore they want a Knockouts tag title shot
Rachael Ellering defeats Tenille Dashwood via rollup despite distraction from Kaleb. Postmatch Tenille attacks, Jazz tries to fight her off, Jordynne Grace comes out and attacks Tenille and Konley, then hugs Rachael
Ace Austin and his alliance thank Chris Bey for staying out of the way if he's not going to join them
TJP and Fallah Bahh fight Willie Mack and Rich Swann to a no contest after Violent by Design destroy all of them. Eric Young gloats that nobody can stop them
Fire n Flava bully D'Amore into making Rosemary and Havok earn their title shot
Chris Sabin, Moose and Sami Callihan agree that they care more about representing Impact and shutting up Kenny Omega than hating each other
Bey defeats Petey Williams. Postmatch Ace, Rohit Raju, Madman Fulton and Mahabali Shera attack Petey, then also beat up Trey Miguel and Cedric Alexander for trying to help. Bey finally comes back to help the faces overcome the odds
Kimber Lee wants to bring back Su Yung now that she can't count on Deonna Purrazzo
Jake challenges Myers to a match where if Myers wins Jake will admit he's the most professional wrestler, but if Jake wins Myers must call him professional; Myers accepts
Steve Maclin defeats Manny Smith
Next week: Kimber Lee and Susan vs Rosemary and Havok; contract signing for Kenny/Sami
Team Callis (Kenny Omega and the Good Bros) defeat Team Dreamer (Sami, Sabin and Moose) after Team Dreamer disintegrates predictably; Karl Anderson pins Sabin. Omega poses with all four belts to close the show

Two weeks away and Slammiversary still only has 3 matches scheduled
Kenny defends against Sami
Moose vs Sabin
Ultimate X for the X title between Josh Alexander, Petey, Trey, Ace, Raju and Bey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'd be shocked if Purrazzo/Wilde and FnF/Havok & Rosemary don't happen.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

all of those dudes are in AEW now, crazy

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
OK, so it won't be Purrazzo/Wilde. It'll be Purrazzo/Van Ness.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

W. Morrissey is approaching Jinder/EC3 levels of roid acne

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1413298074538151942?s=19

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
Lots of people in the twitch chat try and keep saying it's not roid acne, it's totally because of the large amount of weight he lost, and just that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

smikey posted:

it's totally because of the large amount of weight he lost

lol what

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Lmao at big cass doing the low ki voice in that promo

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

smikey posted:

Lots of people in the twitch chat try and keep saying it's not roid acne, it's totally because of the large amount of weight he lost, and just that.

Ah, the "Scott Steiner" defense

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The Scott Steiner defense is when you add Kurt Angle to the mix.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Final card for Slammiversary tomorrow:

Chris Sabin vs Moose
Eddie Edwards vs W Morrissey
Brian Myers and Tenille Dashwood vs Matt Cardona and a mystery partner in a mixed tag match
Deonna Purrazzo defends the Knockouts title against a mystery opponent
Fire n Flava (Kiera Hogan and Tasha Steelz) defend the Knockouts tag titles against Rosemary and Jessicka Havok
Violent by Design defend the tag titles in a fatal fourway against Rich Swann & Willie Mack, Fallah Bahh & TJP, and Good Bros (Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson)
Josh Alexander defends the X division title in Ultimate X against Petey Williams, Trey Miguel, Rohit Raju, Ace Austin and Chris Bey
Kenny Omega defends the world title against Sami Callihan in a no-DQ match

Miscellaneous news per Fightful, they're in talks with NWA about a potential working relationship

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Yeah, I feel ok with spending $20 on this PPV. Curious to see if we get new faces in the mix.

Glad to see we're one step closer to reviving NWA:TNA.

EDIT: the KO tag match is happening on the pre-show:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1416096228555825155?s=20

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 16, 2021

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Hello, I’m insane.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Post some pics of delicious BBQ

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Pinche Rudo posted:

Post some pics of delicious BBQ

I’m coming from Austin :colbert:

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
i bought a ticket to Slammiversary. and also both 3 hour tapings on Sunday. And then both 3 hour tapings on Monday. I'm a huge loving idiot.

I wonder if I'll be the only person who went to Slammiversary 1 and 2 in the TNA Asylum 18 years ago

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Edward Mass posted:

I’m coming from Austin :colbert:
Post before and after?

Also this show looks good to me from what Impact I've watched except for the main

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

try the new taco place posted:

i bought a ticket to Slammiversary. and also both 3 hour tapings on Sunday. And then both 3 hour tapings on Monday. I'm a huge loving idiot.

I wonder if I'll be the only person who went to Slammiversary 1 and 2 in the TNA Asylum 18 years ago

Sup, idiot friend? :hfive: I’ll be in a custom Squirrel Hebner shirt I got for my birthday.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Final card for Slammiversary tomorrow:

Chris Sabin vs Moose
Eddie Edwards vs W Morrissey
Brian Myers and Tenille Dashwood vs Matt Cardona and a mystery partner in a mixed tag match
Deonna Purrazzo defends the Knockouts title against a mystery opponent
Fire n Flava (Kiera Hogan and Tasha Steelz) defend the Knockouts tag titles against Rosemary and Jessicka Havok
Violent by Design defend the tag titles in a fatal fourway against Rich Swann & Willie Mack, Fallah Bahh & TJP, and Good Bros (Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson)
Josh Alexander defends the X division title in Ultimate X against Petey Williams, Trey Miguel, Rohit Raju, Ace Austin and Chris Bey
Kenny Omega defends the world title against Sami Callihan in a no-DQ match

TJP and Fallah Bahh are out of the tag title match because TJP's unable to be there for ? reasons, still being billed as a fatal fourway with a replacement team TBD

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Chris James 2 posted:

TJP and Fallah Bahh are out of the tag title match because TJP's unable to be there for ? reasons, still being billed as a fatal fourway with a replacement team TBD

No no no, the good part of the TJP / Fallah Bahh team is still in, he's getting a replacement partner.

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1416452255021158401?s=20

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

Sup, idiot friend? :hfive: I’ll be in a custom Squirrel Hebner shirt I got for my birthday.

I GOT FIRED heath slater/miller shirt and Oilers hat. I have no idea how/where sitting is going to work

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Three matches with mystery participants! They're really hoping to cash in on some buzz of the last group of WWE releases.

Will this be a show worth paying for?

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Ganso Bomb posted:

Three matches with mystery participants! They're really hoping to cash in on some buzz of the last group of WWE releases.

Will this be a show worth paying for?

$20 with a VPN is reasonable, there's no outright stinkers on this card imho.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

I

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I see you from across the ring!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

One of you needs make a stairs sign for the next round of tapings

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
edit: wrong thrad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Slammiversary

Rosemary and Jessicka Havok win the Knockouts tag titles over Fire n Flava in the preshow
Josh Alexander retains the X title in Ultimate X over Ace Austin, Rohit Raju, Petey Williams, Trey Miguel and Chris Bey
Chelsea Green is Matt Cardona's mystery partner; they defeat Tenille Dashwood and Brian Myers
W Morrissey defeats Eddie Edwards
Aiden English is coming as The Drama King
FinJuice return and defeat Mahabali Shera and Madman Fulton (who were mad at being kicked out of interfering in Ultimate X)
Chris Sabin defeats Moose via rollup
Fallah Bahh's replacement partner is the debuting No Way Jose (as No Way)
Good Bros win the tag titles in a fatal fourway over Violent By Design, Bahh and No Way, and Rich Swann and Willie Mack
Deonna Purrazzo's mystery opponent is Thunder Rosa; Purrazzo retains. Postmatch Mickie James returns and wants Purrazzo at NWA's women's PPV next month, Deonna's pissed her moment was interrupted, they brawl and Mickie stands tall
Mixed tag tournament announced for the next Impact+ event Homecoming
Bound for Glory in October at Vegas, will have talent from AAA, AEW, and New Japan
Kenny Omega retains the world title over Sami Callihan in a no-DQ match
Postmatch Jay White shows up

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

What's attempt the recent burrito joint doing in the Impact Zone?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm glad Jay showed up here because I kept hearing dumb rumors that WWE wanted him

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Why is Eddie Edwards losing to Enzo's pal?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

forkboy84 posted:

Why is Eddie Edwards losing to Enzo's pal?

Eddie’s over enough to make W. Morrissey look like a badass and not lose too much of his pop.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Eddie's a crowd favorite for sure and it wasn't a total squash - plus they've been building Morrissey up so this wasn't unexpected.

Who will be the next to challenge Kenny for the title, now that the Sami threat has been neutralized? Josh Alexander invoking option C? Jordynne Grace? Coconono mentioned Chris Sabin on discord yesterday, which could also be an interesting twist?

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

J-Ro posted:

Eddie's a crowd favorite for sure and it wasn't a total squash - plus they've been building Morrissey up so this wasn't unexpected.

Who will be the next to challenge Kenny for the title, now that the Sami threat has been neutralized? Josh Alexander invoking option C? Jordynne Grace? Coconono mentioned Chris Sabin on discord yesterday, which could also be an interesting twist?

I know Impact did the whole deal with Tessa, but doesn’t TK have a sort of hard line against intergender matches (other than mixed tag rules)? I couldn’t see him being okay with his world champ/EVP doing a match like that.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I watched a few Impact shows with no crowds and they were really hard to get through. They definitely did the worst in that regard.

This show was better with a crowd but I still think Striker and the very bad camera work will keep me from watching Impact regularly. There were SO many missed shots, and not because they cut to a bad angle but because the camera people just don't know what to shoot and when.

Not a bad show overall, though, and Thunder Rosa loving ruled.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

bloodysabbath posted:

I know Impact did the whole deal with Tessa, but doesn’t TK have a sort of hard line against intergender matches (other than mixed tag rules)? I couldn’t see him being okay with his world champ/EVP doing a match like that.

Yeah, that's just my wishful thinking - those two could have a banger match tho.

Ganso Bomb posted:

I watched a few Impact shows with no crowds and they were really hard to get through. They definitely did the worst in that regard.

This show was better with a crowd but I still think Striker and the very bad camera work will keep me from watching Impact regularly. There were SO many missed shots, and not because they cut to a bad angle but because the camera people just don't know what to shoot and when.

Not a bad show overall, though, and Thunder Rosa loving ruled.

At least we didn't get Matthews.

I wonder how much of the camera gently caress-ups was due to them having less space to work with - that Skyway Studios stage is pretty small. But it's not like they had the greatest camera work to begin with.

And yeah, Thunder Rosa showing up was sick.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

bloodysabbath posted:

He televised the Riho/Kenny v Kip/Penelope match from the Jericho cruise after the fact, so it’s not a hard line stance. It seems like he doesn’t like the optics of it when done poorly, and probably doesn’t want to risk it on his show. As an example, he said most of the intergender stuff in the battle royale at the original All In didn’t bother him but there was a spot where a guy hit Jordynne Grace with a chair that he disliked a lot.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Matthews was in fact, directing that night and you could hear him on occasion because someone's headset was too loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

StarkRavingMad posted:

He televised the Riho/Kenny v Kip/Penelope match from the Jericho cruise after the fact, so it’s not a hard line stance. It seems like he doesn’t like the optics of it when done poorly, and probably doesn’t want to risk it on his show. As an example, he said most of the intergender stuff in the battle royale at the original All In didn’t bother him but there was a spot where a guy hit Jordynne Grace with a chair that he disliked a lot.

That was a handheld cam released on one of the youtube shows (or just as it's own separate thing? I don't remember). Certainly not televised.