Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016
Problem description: My Mac book pro is constantly cycling through deciding to be connected to power or not. Every 10 to 20 seconds it "looses" the power adaptor power connection and switches to battery. About 2-3 seconds after that it switches back to the power adaptor. The first time I had this problem I took it into the apple store they ran a diagnostic on it and no hardware issues where found I ended up replacing the power brick. This seemed to correct the problem, since I replaced the power brick today was the first time I used it extensively with out it being plugged in. It has started doing its power disconnect trick again. The only other maybe symptoms are the fans tend to go crazy when it gets low power and the usual very cool running laptop gets hot. I have also noticed that any time I click on the battery icon in the main tool bar the power drops and then cycles back.

Attempted fixes: reset the SMC(several times) which I would assume would be the most likely culprit but so far no luck.

Recent changes: none

--

Operating system: MacOS 11.2.3

System specs: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017) 2.3 Ghz i5 8GB ram Model A1708

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU