Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

My favorite part of the postdraft is everyone talking about the mid-to-late round steals they got and then 90% of them are never heard from again.

christensens probably the in house favorite for starting left tackle so if I never hear his name that’d be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

You know who else had short arms?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

christensens probably the in house favorite for starting left tackle so if I never hear his name that’d be great.

Its really hard not to love the moves Carolina made at everything but QB, tbh. That Brady pick was so clutch- he'd push to start on so many teams in the league, so to get that in the 3rd is a steal.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Ehud posted:

You know who else had short arms?

penalty unsportsmanlike conduct 15 yards

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

really queer Christmas posted:

Not sure what you're talking about, that 7th round QB Sean traded back up to grab last year is going to be the new Tom brady.

To be fair, he was supposed to be the next Taysom Hill, but there can be only one.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

To be fair, he was supposed to be the next Taysom Hill, but there can be only one.

As taysom starts breaking down he’ll be useful for parts.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

FizFashizzle posted:

excuse me, pff, which today i've decided is good, said he's the best of all time

Pressures and hurries are the assists of the NFL. His matchup beat him twice in that clip of highlights alone but I bet they didn't count a pressure on either of those because the right side collapsed first.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I just watched a video of our obvious goat kicker that we drafted in the 5th round also doing coffin corner punts. Two positions filled to a HOF level with one pick.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Eifert Posting posted:

I just watched a video of our obvious goat kicker that we drafted in the 5th round also doing coffin corner punts. Two positions filled to a HOF level with one pick.

Yeah but is as cool as thicc punter who tosses dimes the Steelers drafted?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Eifert Posting posted:

The only highlight I care about with him is Rich Eisen's reaction.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DariusLikewise posted:

Yes, I'm sure all 5 of these guys will work out to be perfect long term starters, astute analysis

I thought so too

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Amy Pole Her posted:

https://twitter.com/ckparrot/status/1389628143590313986

Enjoy your mere starters at guard when you could've gotten an automatic all pro in the 2nd

Like one of those dudes is equivalent to an adequate NFL pass rusher right now.

Also, that quote calling BYU's offense pro-style...I don't know that I trust that person to park their car without several grisly fatalities. *sees PFF in title*, ah, now it makes sense.

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

TheGreyGhost posted:

Like one of those dudes is equivalent to an adequate NFL pass rusher right now.

Also, that quote calling BYU's offense pro-style...I don't know that I trust that person to park their car without several grisly fatalities. *sees PFF in title*, ah, now it makes sense.

they meant the offense was provo-style

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Asleep Style posted:

they meant the offense was provo-style

People don’t realize it, but the best rate I ever got on the family dairy farm was from a broker in Utah.

Provo-loan

Doltos posted:

Pressures and hurries are the assists of the NFL. His matchup beat him twice in that clip of highlights alone but I bet they didn't count a pressure on either of those because the right side collapsed first.

I actually disagree with this a touch and would call them blocks/steals—tend to go up when you’re doing well but can be weird outliers that aren’t horribly predictive. Meanwhile, assists are more like group tackles where hilariously overrated linebackers like Zach Thomas get a metric ton of tackles but frequently get run over in solo situations by larger backs or linemen.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
How can a 5 time all pro who isn’t in the hall be overrated

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Now say something nice about Jason Taylor OR ELSE

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TheGreyGhost posted:

hilariously overrated linebackers like Zach Thomas

Ha, I read this and thought 'you have made enemies today' and wasn't disappointed at the immediate reply.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

Taylor rules, and Thomas should send him a loving thank you card every day of his life for the number of times he didn’t have to stare down like Jerome Bettis one on one over how disruptive and shedding Taylor was.

Thomas got big counting stats but received a lot of attention as essentially a permanent walk-on. “Oh, hes undersized but he tries so hard and is always in position” *gets blown up by the TE* *gang tackles a running back*. He was fine, but anything less than a murderous defensive line and supporting backers would essentially guarantee he doesn’t get all those tackles.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah he was white and slow. You’ve gotta see why the writers loved him.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Amy Pole Her posted:

He only got the DPOY in 2006 because he whined and cried about Merriman

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
And bc lack of steroids

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Yeah that's what I said

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I hope Fields is better than all the other quarterbacks!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

a neat cape posted:

Yeah that's what I said

Implied, not said.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
look at this guy, with his lawyerings

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There's probably at least one long snapper or punter or something who doesn't take steroids.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Eifert Posting posted:

There's probably at least one long snapper or punter or something who doesn't take steroids.

Chris Kluwe was on the gamer fuel

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I hope Fields is better than all the other quarterbacks!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

i personally hope the titans draft picks enable them to win a super bowl and that other teams suck and lose to us

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

apropos of nothing, I'm now remembering Todd Sauerbrun

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Just lol if you dont realise everyone in the NFL is juiced to the fuckin' gills.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

Just lol if you dont realise everyone in the NFL is juiced to the fuckin' gills.

So I go to the Bengals training camp every year at least once if they're open. The first year Carl Lawson was with us he was just kind of big but not, like, yoked or anything. The second year that he was with us I accidentally used the same crosswalk to get to the facility that the players use and Carl Lawson was about 10 or so feet behind me walking the same direction. I looked over my shoulder and did a literal double take, just went "holy gently caress." He looked so loving different, probably 40 to 60 lb of new muscle.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

So I go to the Bengals training camp every year at least once if they're open. The first year Carl Lawson was with us he was just kind of big but not, like, yoked or anything. The second year that he was with us I accidentally used the same crosswalk to get to the facility that the players use and Carl Lawson was about 10 or so feet behind me walking the same direction. I looked over my shoulder and did a literal double take, just went "holy gently caress." He looked so loving different, probably 40 to 60 lb of new muscle.

I'm not judging. I sure as poo poo would be doing the same thing but yeah there's no way these guys get to the size and shape they do without research chemicals and a good doctor.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I thought it was just Wheaties. :shrug:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Like the lads in Hollywood. It's just chicken breast and 6 weeks with a trainer m8.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

vitamins and prayers, brother

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There's poo poo loads of people on HGH just for recovery, but as far as anabolics or chinese weight lifting wizardry they're mostly clean.

These are the guys that don't need it.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Quinn Meinerz could outrun this entire thread and didn't even go to a D2 school. Some of these guys are just absolute freaks of nature.

The rest are on steroids

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

FizFashizzle posted:

There's poo poo loads of people on HGH just for recovery, but as far as anabolics or chinese weight lifting wizardry they're mostly clean.

These are the guys that don't need it.

That doesn't make sense. There isn't a "don't need it" because football is competition. The difference between 23rd best at your position and 16th is tens of millions of dollars.

BrianCushing.tif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I can quite confidently say that everyone is blatantly on anabolic steroids of some kind after watching A.J. Brown's 2 month transformation from college to the pros.