Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Alaois posted:

I can't wait for next year's draft just to see peoples reactions to a guy named Spencer Rattler who looks the way Spencer Rattler looks

a quick google image search confirm this guy is the next mahomes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Eifert Posting posted:

I remember watching the draft coverage being super confused because the commentators were talking about no one wanting to trade future picks because this next draft class is going to be really good. I was confused because basically everyone in this thread has been saying over and over again that next year's class is going to be really poor.

Then I remembered that draft commentators are idiots and also goons are idiots (including myself).

It wasn’t so much that next years class was going to be good as that next years class would have much better data available since presumably a full college season will happen, multiple high profile players won’t sit out, there will be a full combine, teams will be able to bring guys in for medicals, etc...

Once you got past the top of the first round this year there were a lot of questions marks.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Is it just me or have top end quarterback prospects been goofier looking than normal lately?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He looks like a serial killer dressing up like Mahomes to throw the authorities off his trail

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
It's more that there were 2 competing philosophies approaching this years drafts. Teams for the most part didn't think they had complete medicals or all the evaluation material they'd normally get to have massive 259 deep boards. Some teams took this as a time to swing on some guys who opted out or teams felt hadn't had thorough medical evaluations so they fell. Next year teams are expected to have all the time to anally probe and normal tape so some teams really wanted those future picks.

Just depends on which camp they fell in.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ehud posted:

You're not very optimistic about Sam Howell?

Would you be excited about Kirk Cousins?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Doltos posted:

If I was an opposing defense hell yes I would be excited about Kirk Cousins.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Doltos posted:

Okay fine.

Malik Willis it is!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Isn’t next year’s draft probably loaded because the NCAA granted an extra year of eligibility? So you have guys who should’ve graduated this year, but are playing one more year. Those guys might play well enough to boost their stock, and then there will also be the regular draft class.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Bird in a Blender posted:

Isn’t next year’s draft probably loaded because the NCAA granted an extra year of eligibility? So you have guys who should’ve graduated this year, but are playing one more year. Those guys might play well enough to boost their stock, and then there will also be the regular draft class.

Think you only got an extra year if you opt'd out.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Think you only got an extra year if you opt'd out.

No everyone gets an extra year regardless.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You could argue that that mock draft for next year that just popped up is the silliest in history, considering that covid year

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Bird in a Blender posted:

Yep, and conversely it’s going to be really hard for guys on the tail end of the draft to stick on a team. If you’re a player that wasn’t projected to go in maybe the top 4 or 5 rounds this year you’re almost certainly screwed next year.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Ehud posted:

Okay fine.

Malik Willis it is!

Someone is going to compare him to RG3 and get a Russian lit length novel from me about how loving stupid they are as a result.

Congratulations, Football Walter

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/B1ackSchefter/status/1389394017599770624

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who in this draft is the most scottie pippen type of player?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

kiimo posted:

I'm sure Nagy will get some time to see if he can win with Fields

yeah he will get from the bye to week 18

e: whoops don’t leave a reply open for a whole freakin day

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Lmao. The little baby kick at the beginning

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Big fan of his wife sending him to bed without any dinner

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol with his kid right there. What a shithead.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

After a bad Week 17 or playoff loss, there’s always a viral video of an obviously staged meltdown where a supposed Steelers fan declares war on their 15 year old CRT TV or whatever.

So many of the ambient details in that video make me think it’s real and it’s a meltdown over another team’s draft pick. A+

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I didn't think it was legal to marry a child like that, let alone have kids with them!

Actually, who is filming that, one of his kids? I guess acting like an idiot must be common with this dude if they were filming him to begin with.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

lmfao hell yeah

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fiz when Jimmy Clausen was drafted

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chiefs got five starters out of a draft with no third round pick and SI review says the Duke Masshole is the guy who "stands out" like in what way other than his Jersey Shore looks

Starters by the end of the season:

1. Orlando Brown, Jr. Left Tackle
2. Nick Bolton, ILB/OLB
3. Creed Humphrey, C
4. Cornell Powell, WR
5. Trey Smith, Guard

They got a starting guard in the sixth round. Highway robbery

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Giants had a drat good draft from a value standpoint imo. Saw an ESPN headline pop up giving Gettlemen props and didnt realize all the future capital they added

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

kiimo posted:

Chiefs got five starters out of a draft with no third round pick and SI review says the Duke Masshole is the guy who "stands out" like in what way other than his Jersey Shore looks

Starters by the end of the season:

1. Orlando Brown, Jr. Left Tackle
2. Nick Bolton, ILB/OLB
3. Creed Humphrey, C
4. Cornell Powell, WR
5. Trey Smith, Guard

They got a starting guard in the sixth round. Highway robbery

Yes, I'm sure all 5 of these guys will work out to be perfect long term starters, astute analysis

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Trey Smith is not at all ready to be a plug-and-play guard unless you have literally no one else on roster. He went in the 6th round. Come on.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://twitter.com/ckparrot/status/1389628143590313986

Enjoy your mere starters at guard when you could've gotten an automatic all pro in the 2nd

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
the pats only drafted 8 prospects but the draft was so good they got 9 starters out of it

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Enjoy your mere starters at guard when you could've gotten an automatic all pro in the 2nd

Imagine taking an all pro in the 2nd when you could of taken Wyatt and gotten an all pro in the 3rd

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Not going to lie it was always weird to me that people kept talking about moving him to guard with that resume. Short arms and all that but he's proven that he can do the job against high level competition.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Diva Cupcake posted:

Trey Smith is not at all ready to be a plug-and-play guard unless you have literally no one else on roster. He went in the 6th round. Come on.

He is absolutely 1st-2nd round talent but dropped due to blood clot health issues. He could definitely be a starter quickly.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Imagine taking an all pro in the 2nd when you could of taken Wyatt and gotten an all pro in the 3rd

dont have to imagine.

https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status/1389224285823279113?s=20

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
man you really like that video

how many times would you say you've watched it

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Joey Freshwater posted:

man you really like that video

how many times would you say you've watched it

You will let us hype up our geriatric 3rd round OT :colbert:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ozymandius1024 posted:

You will let us hype up our geriatric 3rd round OT :colbert:

excuse me, pff, which today i've decided is good, said he's the best of all time

quote:

Panthers LT Brady Christensen in 2020 received the highest grade Pro Football Focus has ever given to a collegiate offensive lineman.

Christensen, the BYU product taken in the third round by the Panthers -- who had hoped to drafted Oregon LT Penei Sewell -- is the odds-on favorite to start the 2021 season as Carolina's left tackle. The team has sought a reliable left tackle since 2013, when Jordan Gross retired. Christensen's PFF grade of 96 last season was an all-time high as he allowed two pressures on BYU QB Zach Wilson on 293 pass plays. “He comes from that pro-style offense at BYU so he’s done the things that we are asking guys to do,” Panthers head coach Matt Rhule said. “He’s been doing it there. He’s a tackle candidate that can also go inside and play guard. Again, a great, great, great athlete. Intelligence, the whole package.” Carolina's offensive line was leaky for some of the 2020 season; PFF graded them as the 18th best pass blocking unit. Carolina landing Christensen and WR Terrace Marshall are big wins for Sam Darnold.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

My favorite part of the postdraft is everyone talking about the mid-to-late round steals they got and then 90% of them are never heard from again.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Not going to lie it was always weird to me that people kept talking about moving him to guard with that resume. Short arms and all that but he's proven that he can do the job against high level competition.

Eichenberg will be a bad pro at tackle. His arms aren't short they are too short. That lack of length means he has absolutely no wiggle room at all to recover. He has to have perfect hand placement, perfect footwork, perfect balance every single time. It's too much to overcome. Almost nobody does it.

Christensen is also not a tackle. Probably a center from what I've heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

YOLOsubmarine posted:

My favorite part of the postdraft is everyone talking about the mid-to-late round steals they got and then 90% of them are never heard from again.

Not sure what you're talking about, that 7th round QB Sean traded back up to grab last year is going to be the new Tom brady.