Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
the last place i worked before going freelance several years ago my manager screamed at me, and his boss backed him up, that it wasn't my place to suggest that the direction the website was going was a mistake and that i should just be quiet and do what i'm told

they ended up spending millions and completely running the entire segment into the ground and traffic, last i checked, is nonexistent. and they started with literally millions of hits a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

a.p. dent posted:

the example my bf gave was working at a hospital staffed by middle aged black Baptist women while gay. they don’t want you dead but you def don’t want to hear their opinions on gay and trans people. white chuds aren’t the whole world of conservatives

i’ll worry about them when they get into power and actively try to make my life worse

so far in this thread you’ve been

-dhh was right
-liberals suck (i mean they do in the popular sa term but in context this is iffy)
-btw did you know some black people hate gays too

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Eeyo posted:

“I strongly disagree we live in a white supremacist culture,” Singer said. “I don't believe in a lot of the framing around implicit bias. I think a lot of this is actually racist.”

what’s that supposed to mean? like yeah implicit bias is, at least partly, underlying actual racism of the society you are in. why does he say that and also reject living in a racist culture?

or is he saying the concept of implicit bias is “actually racist” against whites?

i'm not sure but he absolutely thinks that it's racist against whites imo based on that read

not too surprising given his inability to read the room and make trump supporting comments in the official company discussion areas lol