Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

duz posted:

guess which of those actions you dont have to explain to your next employer

altho i guess if you are high enough up it doesnt matter anymore

neither in california. they can only verify the dates you worked there

not that it matters when everyone already knows the circumstances of your departure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

goddamn this hell reality where this was a plausible thing that could have happened

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
really makes you wonder how many times these things do manage to get caught before people are hired.

maybe apple has a 97% effective sociopath filter, and there are just that many sociopaths

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

qirex posted:

I like my job and if they offered me 6 mos severance tomorrow I might take it

yeah they're really hard filtering for hardcore loyalists and true believers with this move.

surely a net positive for workplace culture

especially when you get to numbers like this, it feels kinda like colony collapse disorder, where you should take the severance while it's being offered, before the company shuts down with no notice (because lol dropped below WARN act threshold) and no funds for severance

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
"nothing is more permanent than temporary"

it only takes a few years to establish things as "that's just how we do it here" even if you weren't experiencing high turnover because of said policies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
I wonder if it's just because they didn't want to recalculate the average, or if their role as bold innovators has led them to embrace churn in a way few have the courage to, by paying people to leave