Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

quote:

In a response to Hansson’s post, one employee noted that the way we treat names — especially foreign names — is deeply connected to social and racial hierarchies.
Hansson’s response to this employee took aback many of the workers I spoke with. He dug through old chat logs to find a time when the employee in question participated in a discussion about a customer with a funny-sounding name. Hansson posted the message — visible to the entire company — and dismissed the substance of the employee’s complaint.

as a poster you have to appreciate a move like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

also as a dev with the job market as it is, you'd have to be nuts to turn down 6 months of severance, their biggest mistake might have been mkaing the offer too good

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

Buff Hardback posted:

"dhh maybe it wasn't cool of us as a company culture to post funny names, look here's the pyramid of hate to explain how those behaviors have knock on effects when it comes to further down the line"

publicly posting the "pyramid of hate" in response to a list containing seymour butz is actually dumb as poo poo. and yeah, if the person posting the pyramid ever contributed a name it's doubly stupid