Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

when "don't talk about politics" also means "I'm immediately dissolving all DEI initiatives and handing them off to our one hr person" the word 'talk' is doing a lot of heavy lifting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

"a cop pulled me over for no reason while I was driving to the data center it was scary" should not be actionable content

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

MrQueasy posted:

The absolute steel backbone on that employee who doubled down on attempting to get the founders to call out Singer. drat.
yeah props to them I definitely wouldn’t have been brave enough to do that

this is why we can’t gradually increment our way out of racism, even asking someone to admit it exists when it 100% factually does is met with extreme reactions

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

our culture is full of people who make it solely because they never had to face an actual challenge in their life, one problem with people like that is they’re super fragile and melt down the instant anything actually goes wrong

it’s also why they love inventing hero stories for themselves, like if you asked donald trump, who failsoned his way all the way to the White House, he’d probably talk about having to hustle in the 80s with only the 90 million his dad gave him

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Blotto_Otter posted:

pleasant collection of words from Jason, but a simple "mea culpa" is the easy part, the hard part will be dealing with a situation in which 1) you've lost 30% of your headcount almost overnight, 2) you did so in a way that likely reinforces any preexisting cultural problems among the remaining employees, and 3) your recruiting pipeline is now going to self-select along those lines because you did all this in the most embarrassingly public way possible. Good luck Jase, y'all are noted management experts, I'm sure you'll get this under control

the most important takeaway to me is that they didn't fire the nazi

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rotor posted:

they "suspended" him "pending an investigation" then he resigned

only after blowing up their whole company by defending him

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

executive ego gratification should be an "extra" task but to most executives it's a core function of the business and if she wants to watch her employees scuttle around like a personal ant farm because it makes her feel good by god she's going to make it happen

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if apple wants the best people from advertising this is what the "best" looks like, that whole industry is run by psychopaths top to bottom

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rotor posted:

like i mean i've interviewed plenty of people that have written books I've never read, and the idea that its some kind of wild oversight that no one sat down and read this novel a dude wrote seems weird

googling a review of it doesn't seem like too much of an ask though

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I like my job and if they offered me 6 mos severance tomorrow I might take it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it recently came out that amazon also hires people specifically to fire them during performance reviews because they have to get rid of the “worst” people

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

yeah I forgot what stack ranking was called but there's basically no way that can lead to good outcomes, I remember reading just the most insane stories on mini microsoft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Plorkyeran posted:

but i thought this was all just a brilliant plan to downsize without admitting that's what they were doing

unless they also lost a bunch of customers they're probably just stacking money right now, at least until their tech debt catches up with them with nobody to fix it