Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

DELETE CASCADE posted:

"we hosed up!" with no elaboration on how they hosed up, what decisions are being reversed or reconsidered. really the entire post can be translated as "sorry you got mad"

https://mobile.twitter.com/dril/status/660644922744262656

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

pokeyman posted:

I remembered that john gruber is a friend of basecamp so I wondered if he'd posted anything, and all I found was this cowardice https://daringfireball.net/linked/2021/04/27/ride-out-the-storm

not that I'd ever expect john gruber to take a useful position on anything, but lol

lmao @ john fireball vagueposting support for basecamp's ongoing meltdown(/reckoning?) with an excerpt of their own book

best place to RIDE OUT THE STORM is opening an all-hands meeting from your bed and then cutting your camera+mic for the next several hours

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

these execs have just been confronted with evidence that they are no more than mostly-infallible godkings

and on top of that they face a second grave challenge: dismissing that evidence as flawed and untrustworthy

no difficulties??? how dare you even THINK that

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

the # Making a Career section is no longer a good cultural fit for the making-a-career.md file and has been expunged

beautiful

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

KnifeWrench posted:

I wonder if it's just because they didn't want to recalculate the average, or if their role as bold innovators has led them to embrace churn in a way few have the courage to, by paying people to leave

𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖋𝖎𝖑𝖊𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖊: 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕚𝕥 𝟛𝟘𝟜𝟙𝕖𝟞𝟝𝟞𝟙𝟜𝟞𝟠𝕔𝟙𝟝𝟡𝕕𝕖𝟠𝕒𝟡𝟞𝟛𝟚𝟟𝕖𝟙𝟙𝟡𝕔𝟠𝟠𝟟𝟘𝟚𝕖𝕔𝕗𝟜𝟠