Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

So, like, how many more people are going to accept buy-outs before they rescind the buyout offers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Blotto_Otter posted:

Speak of the devil, guess who just opined on the Apple hiring fiasco in entirely predictable fashion:

https://twitter.com/golikehellmachi/status/1394005747227250689

I was trying to remember if it was Matt Taibbi or Yasha Levine who did that "experiment" at The Exiled where they moved to a foreclosed home in Victorville, CA during the real estate crash and then proceeded to write dispatches from the town as though it was Mad Max. (After some googling, turns out it was Levine.) I was a regular Exiled reader back then, and I distinctly remember the time I went to the site on a random day and there were over a dozen updates, all of them rambling nonsense. Then the very last headline on the page said something to the effect of "So many updates! You know what that means, we've been blessed by the Methamphetamine Fairy!"

I guess there's something appealing to our inner adolescent when we read the work of flagrant assholes who seem to be on our side. I don't know if that has become less appealing now because we're in the world of twitter and we can see so much more of these assholes (robbing them of the bits of mystique that helped burnish their image), or if I've just gotten older and have had to deal with too many real-life abusers who masqueraded as gonzo truth-tellers.

Maybe this is just a longwinded way of asking the question: Can you imagine how dogshit-terrible Hunter S. Thompson would be on Twitter?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Absolute :lol: