Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i have an email chain that i add amazon recruiters to when they contact me saying they're the nth, please stop

it's at 9 now, but i started at the 14th or 15th email

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

qirex posted:

it recently came out that amazon also hires people specifically to fire them during performance reviews because they have to get rid of the “worst” people

its just ballmer stack ranking (in turn stolen from welch at ge)

nadella came in, did a purge of ballmer peeps. ballmer humself hosed off to own a sports team but his minions ran to amazon

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Hed posted:

I specifically remember this forum recommending chaos monkeys and that spurring me to read the whole thing. it was an enjoyable read about someone’s views of ad tech, ripping on the valley, his British girlfriend, how not to start a company, and a dumb chapter about racing his buddy in a Tesla roadster

i remember readin it and thinkin the dude shouda used a pen name cuz itll prolly get him fired from some place

and here we are

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
not how ballmer thought of it and not how the amazon peeps are thinking of it, im betting

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

imploding your own company by being a dumbass and then "saving" it after "realising that change had to come from within" or something is 100% silicon valley techbro narrative compliant

wasnt their whole point that they werent in silicon valley and they werent techbros, hence the swift implosion when they revealed their dipshittery?