Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

oh christ they're gonna rename to Basedcamp now aren't they gently caress

lol maybe they'll try to pivot and run the next parler or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

rotor posted:

is it really cancel culture if you're just dunking on people for being dumb as hell?

"yes" --people being dunked on for being dumb as hell

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
great, there seem to be a bunch of chuds on twitter harassing basecamp employees and generally embracing basecamp into their happy chud family

lol @ some people offering to work for free just to stick it to the lefties. go donate your time and money to people that don't need it, that'll show everyone with any sense of decency

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

FMguru posted:

im a little bummed that there havent been more updates about employees quitting today

same, it feels like they hired a pr company to astroturf twitter with a combo of 'you're so brave' and 'lol you're better off without the snowflake libs'

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

carry on then posted:

good job cursing your hiring pipeline to be nothing but avowed chuds for months

i'm sure they'll shut up about politics at work too lol

status set to '👮‍♀️👌🐸' all day every day

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

a.p. dent posted:

i don't want ppl to talk politics at work because i don't want to know how loving stupid all my coworkers are. it's also not a big deal

i think knowing that my coworkers either want a sizeable portion of people dead or without rights- and that another sizeable chunk think it's not a big deal- is valuable and a big deal

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

so yall can make fun of me for asking "can i say 'hotep' or is there a different term i should use or" but it's coming from an honest and good place

hella same, it's crazy how many things have snuck into our parlance that we just don't think about. hell, i've tried to get myself to stop saying 'post-mortem' since people probably don't need to be reminded about death what with all of it going on (i mentioned this in a 1:1 and wasn't even trying to make that a Thing, but dang, work terminology changed instantly. it is nice to work for people that are okay putting in minimal effort to not actively make people uncomfortable).

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
yeah, this is definitely continuing the tradition of getting people with bad opinions to broadcast them

the pinboard guy is pretty proud of being on team dhh and it's just incredibly disappointing but then again it must gently caress up your perspective to not work for anyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

akadajet posted:

you got me. hook line and sinker