Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Blotto_Otter posted:

IAlso, apparently the original headline was "As a CEO, I want my employees to understand the risks of not returning to work in the office", it was only changed to the still-bad but maybe less legally-actionable "erosion of office culture" one after someone realized the original headline made the threats a little too explicit

quote:

As a:

CEO

I want:

My employees to understand the risks of not returning to work in the office

So that:

They understand they exist to provide me a return on capital

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

a friend of mine is one of the people who took the basecamp deal, he’s a cool dude who absolutely deserves a better job than that and I’m happy for him that he is out of there

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Bloody posted:

fwiw you can just tell amazon recruiters to gently caress off and they'll keep contacting you so im not really sure they care about do not hire lists

got contacted by an amazon recruiter two weeks after interviewing with them and being rejected, so I’m guessing they have no lists at all whatsoever

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Plorkyeran posted:

it then got phased out once ge was back to being a functional company rather than a giant mess.

in a regretful past life i got an MBA and this important detail was certainly not part of that narrative when jack welch's practices were discussed, or it was just an afterthought to the discussion on the benefits of decimating your headcount every year

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

bob dobbs is dead posted:

wasnt their whole point that they werent in silicon valley and they werent techbros, hence the swift implosion when they revealed their dipshittery?

yeah they spent two decades building up a brand that they were the civilized alternative to all that poo poo lol