Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
gotta move fast yo, I'm a 10x!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Zlodo posted:

looks like he's going off the rails
:mmmhmm:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

nvrgrls posted:

cool.
they can't all be gold posts
right. ya gotta keep moving em

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
ceos can have little a ego gratification, as a treat

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I mean retweets aren't always endorsements, but pinboard will almost always quote with comment. idk.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

DuckConference posted:

google and apple also do a sort of stack ranking to determine bonuses/RSU grants/raises and such, they just don't auto-shitcan the people at the bottom of the list.

roughly, each manager ranks their reports, then they get to spend a bunch of time arguing with other managers on how to merge their respective lists. this process (calibration/alignment/whatever) I repeats upwards for several levels of management as far as I know.
that describes both of the big publicly traded companies I've worked for lol. it ain't just a tech or SV thing

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

bob dobbs is dead posted:

not how ballmer thought of it and not how the amazon peeps are thinking of it, im betting
yeah everyone forgets about the "then you stop doing when things are back to working well" part

e: see above

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I love all the people calling out Matt for saying Apple has no Irish presence. I guess facts don't matter lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol
https://twitter.com/gjtorikian/status/1400507484054425614

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe