Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i’m sick of all these hyperbolic reactions to things!!!

*blows up company over people saying racism is bad*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Soricidus posted:

ruby is perl/smalltalk fanfic. it’s slow, full of weird syntax edge cases, and basically impossible to reason about because everything’s a mess of dynamic spaghetti.

rails is omakase

turn on your monitor

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

my homie dhall posted:

publicly posting the "pyramid of hate" in response to a list containing seymour butz is actually dumb as poo poo. and yeah, if the person posting the pyramid ever contributed a name it's doubly stupid

maybe, maybe not, but as a manager and a self-professed galaxy brain you should be able to handle something like this without flying off the handle and loving up your company and reputation

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i mean the whole idea that racism and white supremacy are even political issues is hosed anyway. isn't that why there is like, protected classes, so that basic principles of equality are beyond question

anyway my middle management have handled stuff broadly like this much much better and I would argue that they just did a mature adult thing rather than any miraculous management razzle dazzle

reading that latest article by casey newton there's a real sense that a lot of employees were sick of the three senior guys' poo poo anyway so given a) a ridiculous set of reactions from them and b) 6 months salary they very happily jumped ship

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

it’s fun to laugh at funny names, it’s dumb to keep a list of your customers’ names for the sole purpose of laughing at. this is a pretty basic respect thing, hope this helps dhh

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

my name in gaelic/old english means Crooked-Nose Fox. that’s funny!!!

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

get a load of this guy tim just shitcanned https://www.theverge.com/2021/5/12/22432909/apple-petition-hiring-antonio-garcia-martinez-chaos-monkeys-facebook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i loving hate the concept of stack ranking. and i work at amazon. hopefully the new AWS CEO turfs that poo poo