Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

we'll get some announcement next week that dhh is taking a sabbatical to enter rehab or because of stress related disorder or something and they'll hire some twitter famous poc like anil dash to be coo and eventually ceo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Maximo Roboto posted:

eh, Rework was at the top of the last decade. They've only been noteworthy in the background since.

Now I'm wondering what skeletons are in Fog Creek Software's closet. They unionized, but they lost a third of the workforce anyway: https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/22/21268007/glitch-layoffs-substantial-number-coding-platform-union

they laid people off because they don't have a product and have no revenue tho, not to get rid of the woke troublemakers

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

Zamujasa posted:

i thought FCS was behind poo poo like stack overflow / discourse / fogbugz or whatever

nah. stack overflow is also owned by sposky and discourse spun out of stack overflow but fog creek (now glitch) only does glitch i think. i think even fogbugz got sold

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

FMguru posted:

20 departures out of 57 employees is actually 35% lmao

i suppose jason deserves some slight credit for acknowledging that the First Law Of Holes ("when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging") was in effect for him. as bland as his statement was, unlike all of their comms up until this point, it at least didnt make things worse

it's only 20 public departures. casey newton reported it's higher than that. apparently the buyout is still open so more people will probably leave once they talk to a few recruiters and realize they got better options