Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
when you should definitely change your name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh christ they're gonna rename to Basedcamp now aren't they gently caress

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ruby is fine. rails is p hosed up

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ruby is just anime perl

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah at no point is this dude gonna 'reel it in'
he's gonna james damore it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i 300% guarantee you with a tip on top that there is an orangejello/lemonjello joke somewhere in that slack channel's history

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
You may not be right wing, but you're probably not a comrade, yeah

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
politics at work can be fine with two rules:

* dont hire chud shitheads. dont say "i dont care what their politics are as long as they do a good job!" dont hire chud shitheads.
* interaction with politics channels should vastly diminish as you go up the chain of management. if anybody with a title that starts with C is one of the top ten chatters in #social-politics, you have a big loving problem.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i agree with all that

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I normally grumble about mandatory trainings but the implicit bias training and general DEI work my company's done in the past 18 months have been helpful and have made me a better and more considerate employee

before that i used the term 'sold down the river' in a 1:1 and my manager eagerly NOPEd me

so yall can make fun of me for asking "can i say 'hotep' or is there a different term i should use or" but it's coming from an honest and good place

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh dhh is danish everything makes so much more sense now

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

the ISP I started my career at had one of those tickets with funny customer names in it. they told the helpdesk guys who ran it to to stop, then when they kept doing it they fired them. culture!

back in the dialup days we were trawling through ancient tickets (and this was like 02, so '97 tickets)

found one from their first support person who at the time was the manager

capitalization preserved

Subj: STUPID WOMAN

Body: fixed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Gentle Autist posted:

my name in gaelic/old english means Crooked-Nose Fox. that’s funny!!!

you're named after your mother?