Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
am i right wing now because i agree with most of DHH's post

like, the dude funds the Citations Needed podcast which is the most accessible leftist pod around (this is why i remember him because they read his name in the credits every episode)

i dunno i just don't think "please don't talk about politics on company forum" should be that controversial

rails absolutely blows though, and ruby too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

You may not be right wing, but you're probably not a comrade, yeah

could be!

i'm thankful to not have been exposed to DHH's stupid online presence for the last 10 years because seeing some of it now, i'm starting to join the mob against him

if this is about him being a massive hypocrite then that's fair. but the verge article is like "and he posts about political causes all the time!" like it's a gotcha...but he never said employees shouldn't do that???

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
true, there seems to be a LOT going on here

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
i don't want ppl to talk politics at work because i don't want to know how loving stupid all my coworkers are. it's also not a big deal

now i'm just laughing about this. it sounds like basecamp's culture of "openness" created a company board where people sniped at each other all day every day like on twitter or facebook

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

psiox posted:

i think knowing that my coworkers either want a sizeable portion of people dead or without rights- and that another sizeable chunk think it's not a big deal- is valuable and a big deal

was mainly thinking about liberals. they are dumb as poo poo.

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
the example my bf gave was working at a hospital staffed by middle aged black Baptist women while gay. they don’t want you dead but you def don’t want to hear their opinions on gay and trans people. white chuds aren’t the whole world of conservatives

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

mediaphage posted:

i’ll worry about them when they get into power and actively try to make my life worse

so far in this thread you’ve been

-dhh was right
-liberals suck (i mean they do in the popular sa term but in context this is iffy)
-btw did you know some black people hate gays too

who said anything about worrying about them

i just don’t want to hear people’s bad political opinions because i still need to work with them

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

my homie dhall posted:

publicly posting the "pyramid of hate" in response to a list containing seymour butz is actually dumb as poo poo. and yeah, if the person posting the pyramid ever contributed a name it's doubly stupid

lol did this really happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

rotor posted:

remember: these dudes wrote like 5 books about how to be great managers

lmao okay yeah gently caress dhh and jason