Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Everyone else at my work (healthcare) has had their second jab already. Mine is on June 5th. My mum (shielded, mid-60s) had her second jab yesterday. Anecdotally everyone had fewer side-effects on the second jab. Most of us were AZ, I think one chickie at work was Pfizer - she had no side-effects at all despite being young.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

We had trouble with rats coming into the pharmacy upstairs from the shop next door, and the guy who came out put down glue traps. loving brutal. It did make them leave but gently caress.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

Not a fan of glue for rats, will admit to that.

We could hear as we were leaving at 6:30pm that there was obviously one stuck and it was already all locked up and none of us are exactly the type to be able to brain a rat, so the poor fucker had to wait for the morning. I'll never use glue traps in my drat house. I'd rather just live with the rats.

...we did have rats in our attic a few years back and a guy from the council came and put down poison and they left. I woulda been okay leaving them up there if it hadn't been for the racket they made running around all night.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

You don't actually need more than a tablespoon of water to poach an egg with the right-shaped container - all its doing is holding the temp around 100C.

But yeah it's literally just a thing bolted to the side of a toaster and even more ridiculously it's normally only got capacity for one egg on a two-slice toaster.

who the gently caress would ever eat only one egg. what is happening to people today

I'm cross because my 2nd vaccine appointment got moved up and now I'm feeling lovely *and* I have to go to work tomorrow. I'd booked holiday time after the day I *thought* it was going to happen. Blagh.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Maugrim posted:

I like eggs but eating more than one makes me very nauseated, I've never worked out why but from long experience one's my limit in a sitting.

To be fair, I can't eat more than two eggs in a go. I was just feeling cross.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Ravel posted:

If you have an adverse reaction to your second dose, don't use your annual leave. That is the definition of a sick day.

Yeah, but if I go sick unexpectedly we end up in real trouble, whereas planned days we can work around. There are five people who work in my pharmacy and two of em are on long-term sick so we're on a knife edge. I'll take a sick day tomorrow if I have to but I'm still annoyed about it.

e: also we use the Bradford Measure so if I have three instances of absence in a rolling year I get called into a meeting and I have my job threatened so you know

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Borrovan posted:

ftfy. If there's not enough people to cover absences, they need to hire more people. Don't make their problem your problem.

This is a bigger issue but if you've got a half-decent Union & your boss isn't a megolomanic small business owner then really, they're just trying to pressure you into making their problem your problem, don't buy into it

I get that you guys all mean well and thank you for the advice.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Ravel posted:

Yes. If you're being considerate of your immediate colleagues or you want to avoid negative political outcomes that one thing. If you're making personal sacrifices to protect your employer and their ongoing operating activities, then remember that they will never reciprocate. Especially if there's some three strike arrangement like you mentioned.

Missed this one somehow. Of course I don't care about my employer and the billionaire who bought us out a few years ago. I care about my immediate colleagues, and about me not getting yelled at by some middle-aged shitstain who thinks howling 'but you said it would be here on Tuesday' will somehow make me able to produce out-of-stock medication out of my arse. I care about getting the job done so the elderly, vulnerable people I supply the meds for don't end up with nothing. This sucks and is a way the company is taking advantage of our compassion but it's not easy to ignore. I'm so close to burnout. If I could survive without this loving job I would kick it into the sun.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

I'm sorry to hear this Hopper. Can't offer much advice, but sending hope!

Cheers JB. I'm grumpy about it right now but I do like the actual job. I would just like it if everyone above the store manager would fall into a lake.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Jojo Rabbit is about a little boy learning in the most brutal possible way that the society he's bought into is evil and everything he's been told is a lie. It's a good movie.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I mean Taika Waititi is of Jewish and Maori descent and the Nazis in the movie are largely monsters, albeit human monsters, but if you want to go that way, I guess.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

multijoe posted:

To be fair I don't know how anyone could flog Keith's 'not opposing for opposition's sake' shite

Isn't he a lawyer of some kind? Surely he's familiar with the idea that even if you agree with something, you should oppose it in the ways you can, to make sure it's as robust as possible? Or does he think lawyers who defend obviously-guilty people are evil?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

You know I haven't had a single cold since lockdown started, despite being out among The Public every day, and now I've come down with one and it's loving horrendous. I've missed three days of work and I'm probably going to miss a fourth. My throat is incredibly painful. This is rubbish. Colds are rubbish.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

sebzilla posted:

It's a well know fact that food quality exists in an inverse relationship to menu spelling, so that breakfast must be phenomenal.

I was gonna say that's not too bad for a fiver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Kin posted:

On the vaccinations. If I'm not feeling any side effects (other than a sore arm) 24 hours later, I'm unlikely to get any right?

I haven't heard of it taking longer than 12 hours to land on anyone. Anecdote, but.