Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

kingturnip posted:

This article about beach huts in Walton-on-the-Naze might be one of the most stupid things I've ever read, and I actually read that Laura Kuenssberg article stanning for Boris ( lol, as if that narrows it down )

What the gently caress is wrong with this plagued island of fuckwits?

Would you like to hear about the £330,000 beach huts at Mudeford Quay in Christchurch? Or the £100k ones at Sandbanks with a 12 year waiting list?

Beach huts are bonkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

big scary monsters posted:

That would make more sense than a farmer, I'd hope they know that osprey are very unlikely to attack a sheep. I'm surprised the location of the nest was made public though, often they're kept quiet to avoid both this and egg theft.

We're talking about the little sheds where you can keep a couple folding chairs and I guess get changed if you're shy in the two weeks a year the weather is good enough to go to the beach?

Yep. Basic cold water and a plug in the ones down here for a kettle. Cant stay overnight in them.

330k.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Free Owlfancier.

Dumb probation but its a risky thread to post in.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I learnt a long time ago to never post in a D&D thread where there is an american mod and its stood me in good stead.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I have bad news about my jurisdiction. :v:

I'd appreciate it if you fine folks would dial down the inter-thread drama a notch.

There's no drama outside of that one idiot who went wading in from anyone that wasn't posting in that thread already. But more importantly It drew attention because Owlfancier is one of the most inoffensive posters in the forum and when I saw what they got probated for I just started laughing.

Sort out that mod making baffling decisions and it'll stop getting called out both here and by regular posters in that thread too.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pistol_Pete posted:

It's awfully proactive of Starmer to effectively admit defeat 2 days before the elections actually happen :)

It does seem a bit like they've run out the white flag already.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

- you're right about only the one person really causing problems at the time, I just wanted to head it off (and indeed checking their post history is the only reason I noticed the mild crossthread drama in the first place)
- the owlfancier probe was basically a misunderstanding / incorrect snap call and I have sorted that out with herstory

It looks like that mod went for their buttons because they either didn't read the post properly or simply had their ideology challenged and didn't like it.

I'm not sure which one is better tbh.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Can I remind people that if you're going to spoil your ballot please don't scrawl obscene messages or pictures on it. The people counting the votes don't deserve to deal with that and whoever you're writing the message about will never see it anyway.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
We only had a PCC election down by me and the polling stations were spread out every half a mile, but there wasn't even 2 sides of an A4 sheet of voting cards given out.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Gats Akimbo posted:

I had a gang of them actually knock on my door half an hour ago. Told them I'd already voted and snarled that I wouldn't vote for Starmer if they paid me when they said they hoped it was for Labour. I feel a bit ashamed now; it must be a hapless job treading the pavements for that copsucking void.

I wonder if this will be as gleefully reported on as the people who hated corbyn was?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1390409045475999755

They're expecting a bloodbath with these comments.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Yeah it's a bloodbath

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They stood a notorious remain bod in a huge leave area.

Actively sabotaging their own chances.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The labour vote nearly halved.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Its also important to remember that local elections can have a far bigger impact from on the ground campaigning by volunteers. Turnout is often so low that an area getting blitzed by supporters can have a measurable bump.

So Labour telling all the official people campaigning that they're going to get sacked after the elections are over and suspending hordes of volunteers is one of the biggest reasons for this loss imo.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Tesseraction posted:

Can't tell if a dude with a clearly Asian name complaining about wokeness is funny or actually good.

Hes making a play for the leadership.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57036247

They've found cracks in the chassis of some Hitachi high speed trains so the entire fleet across the country has been shut down until they can get a proper check done on every one.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Absolute top tier meltdown today.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

smellmycheese posted:

Say what you like about Tony Blair but he stuck by his token working class deputy even after he decided to land a right hook straight on a voters jaw

I'm pretty sure he belted Hislop at some point the way those two go at each other too.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Yeah Rayner was scheduled. Instead McDonnell has gone on and stuck the boot in a bit.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/FisherAndrew79/status/1391308303200829440

Seems like a good idea to let him on imo.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

OwlFancier posted:

Genuinely did he just lurk around the back door of the studio or something lmao? I cannot begin to imagine how the leaders office could possibly have thought mcdonnel is the best person to send to talk to the press.

Him today and Corbyns wonderful interview yesterday are brilliant tbf.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/Martin_Abrams/status/1391315902189248515?s=20

Just shoot yourself in the head mate. You're done.

Absolutely loving savaged.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Labours net result: Lost 301 council seats.

283 more than what caused the Chicken Coup.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I missed that, do you have a link?

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1390739030111883267

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Frankly this is just embarrassing now. This won't get your kids back Kier.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1391358031938654209

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I havent seen any data to back this up but I reckon young people have overwhelmingly gone Green based on these results.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

jabby posted:

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1391414589452169216
If Starmer does a massive reshuffle, purges the left even harder, and then promptly loses another seat he might actually be hosed.

Only a 2500 vote majority in 2019. 6500 votes for an Independent so can't really call where they'll go but I doubt they'd hold it given the recent results, especially since 1600 votes for the Brexit party should end up with the Tories.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/DawnButlerBrent/status/1391410950830493697?s=20

There is 100% a leadership challenge happening.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

XMNN posted:

I love the fact that he's backed himself into a corner by saying he's actually promoting rayner rather than sacking her, I presume he's currently casting around attempting to sack other people so she can have their job and probably failing and having to promote them too

also even if there are people stupid enough to believe that he always intended to promote her, I suspect Rayner isn't one of them so thats going to be a very normal and functional dynamic and everyone will absolutely believe that they're one big happy family and not a scheming nest of vipers

I still can't believe how bad he is at this, once you've leaked that someone is going they should just be gone

There are 4 jobs higher in seniority to 'Party chair' available to Kier. Shadow Home Sec/Chancellor/Foreign office and Leader of the Opposition. So hes basically got to Sack Dodds, Nandy or Symonds. Any of those will result in a leadership challenge imo.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1391439220011642880

Chefs kiss on the timing of this.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Someone who hates benefits as a concept and a landlord as your housing minister?

Whats next? a shadow home secretary thats in the Klan?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
He doesn't even have to do it, he just needs to say he is.

Same with all those spending announcements 2 weeks ago. The Tories are now policywise more left of Labour. It doesn't matter that in practice it will never go ahead because now Labour have to veer even further left which we all know they wont do, or they get stuck treading water and lose even more of the young vote.

They're just really fuckin dumb.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I see Rayner just doesnt give a poo poo what Kiers doing and is making her own policies now.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah that’s definitely what I said, you got me :jerkbag:

I think you should take a break from this thread if this is how you're going to post.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

u brexit ukip it posted:

How does that work exactly - the earlier article said that the Scotland police isn't working with the Home Office (e: regarding these removals), so would they even have the authority to release the deportees?

I mean the police could have easily said to the Home office spuds that they're leaving and you're welcome to try and get out of this on your own. Or you can let him go.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

namesake posted:

I think it's the 'co-ordinated' part that's the outrageous part there. Which journalist was it that convinced a Labour cabinet member under Corbyn to resign live on air to get a shock headline? It's that sort of corruption that it's okay to get mad at.

You know who it was without even having to google it just by the phrase BBC journalist.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Despera posted:

The fact that he's ten and peering into watch her naked in the tub doesn't really help the movie. The whole "how can I be horny towards a subhuman?" shouldn't be your films message. I think Jojo was soo bad at this stopped a trope where the main character is "saved by Jewish pussy" from going anywhere so there's that.

Hand in your hard drives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

mehall posted:

Just a quick wee post about the discord.

We've spotted a few people leaving, and leaving unannounced.

It's not an airport, nobodies departure needs to be declared, but I'd just like to check in and make sure there's no issues that are going un-reported.

Please contact me on Discord, I'm mehall # 7777 (I don't think you need to add me to DM me, but you can DM me on here if there's issues, I'm just less likely to check on here regularly these days)

If anyone who has left of their own volition wishes to return, you're always welcome to do so too.

For those unfamiliar, discord.gg/RgUqEwk takes you to the official unofficial UKMT Discord server.
If it's your first time, you need to auth with the bot to confirm you are actually a goon, so we can check out your rap sheet and stuff, just as a spammer/culture fit check type thing, and agree to our code of conduct, we'd love to have you if you're a regular here.
We have near 600 total users, of whom I'd probably guess around 70-80 are frequently active, with others checking in/semi-lurking and contributing when they want, etc etc.

You've answered your own question here.