Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Sure, but it's just sort of enabling of us to accept this and literally refer to it as a reshuffle, taking terminology from gambling to describe the organisation of the people we've elected to look after us.

Hmm, yes, "reshuffle" does suggest a modicum of agency.

In future, please can everyone refer to Kier Starmer's actions as "a total crapshoot." Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

CGI Stardust posted:

https://twitter.com/jessphillips/status/1391416425437347845

i might be giving this a bad-faith reading; is this suggesting obliquely that some equivalent to Jo Cox's murder (by a fascist) could be the end result of the current Labour Party clusterfuck and anger? seems just a tad off if so

Or drawing an equivalence between twitter being mean to Kieth and the actual loving assassination of an MP, quite possibly.

I'm sure that's not what she means, though. :rolleyes:

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

something is far too horny about this

I see someone's been playing Resident Evil.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

I think ive found the perfect distillation of the British mindset.

https://twitter.com/john_jb6368093/status/1396732386793111552?s=19

"What Britain would you rather? One where Muslims are allowed to walk about, demanding things like a free Palestine? Or one where you're cowering in a subway from death from above with your all white neighbours? Simple as, innit?"

There's nothing stopping you from going and lying down on the tube tracks right now if you really want to!

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

"My ideology says I'm not allowed to be happy, so you must be miserable too."

Have you tried picking an ideology that lets you be happy?

"No, now gently caress off."