Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Tesseraction posted:

Today is the anniversary of my becoming a jobless scrounging munt.

And today is my first full day fully unemployed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Bobby Deluxe posted:

E: as an obligate carnivore the vegan wolf is also unlikely to win because it looks so weak
Wolves aren't actually obligate carnivores, cats are but canines can actually get nutrition from other things they eat

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

GreyjoyBastard posted:

- you're right about only the one person really causing problems at the time, I just wanted to head it off (and indeed checking their post history is the only reason I noticed the mild crossthread drama in the first place)
- the owlfancier probe was basically a misunderstanding / incorrect snap call and I have sorted that out with herstory

Maybe someone who makes that sort of bad snap decision shouldn't be moderating a politics forum

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Checked the candidates for tomorrows local elections here and it seems I'll be voting labour in the city council election at least since the candidate is a fairly sound trans woman I've met a couple of times.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Ms Adequate posted:

The gyre may be widening and the falcon may no longer hear the falconer, but by god I've got a brand and I'm sticking to it no matter the cost :v:

I mean if we can be certain of one thing it is that the centre definitely cannot hold

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
It's so bizarre how little people learn despite the same bad thing happening again and again

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Bobby Deluxe posted:

This is a severely underappreciated pun btw

maybe if you leave it even 10 minutes before getting self congratulatory it might be appreciated more

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

crispix posted:

just take rich people stuff imo

just march in there and say HIY YOU I'M TAKIN THIS HERE SO AHM :mad: and march right out of there with something like a fancy eight slice toaster that has a thingy on top for to do scones and bagels and wheaten bread and that without having to unplug the thing afterwards and do the old knife tweezer trick to fetch the charred remains thereof from within

You can buy wood/bamboo tongs for exactly that purpose you know, or just use chopsticks

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Angepain posted:

People definitely aren't silently leaving the discord in droves to join Angepain's Secret UKMT Discord where we all talk about how great I am and how much we all secretly hate you, the poster reading this

Na pretty sure that's the regular one

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

jiggerypokery posted:

Just what sort of guests are you expecting on GB news?

The Tories want the BBC gone because they want a television media that looks like the US, a country in which Tucker Carson has the highest ratings of any television host.

There are levels to normalised bigotry and just because things are bad doesn't mean they can't sink far deeper.

the difference is it isn't the 'impartial' state broadcaster spreading that I'm a literal monster, GB news isn't going to have anywhere near the credibility that BBC news does

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

OwlFancier posted:

You have some very weird receptionists then because the place I went to was just "hi do you have an appointment" and I think it was either name or booking number and they just waved you through. It's never had a queue when anyone I know has been to it and you're in and out in 2 or 3 minutes.

I have my second at another place in a few weeks so we will see if they're as good.

my first dose I had to queue for over an hour

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Mr Phillby posted:

It's self inflicted, but my main motivation was to wind up people in the Mcelroy thread lol.

Oh gently caress what a poo poo snype uh google tells me the number 142 is 'an angel number'

quote:

The number 142 represents the order, the method, the organization, the concrete and everything that happens. People whose life path is number 142 are strong and straight.

Definitely isn't mine then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Red Oktober posted:

I’m back from Edinburgh for the week, where I got engaged! Now time to make some “engagement beer” for the celebrations!

I’m ridiculously happy!

Congratulations