Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Algol Star
Sep 6, 2010

It's depressing how many people view political parties like supporting a football team and just want to vote for the party that ends up winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algol Star
Sep 6, 2010

I find it hilarious how now that younger generations are fully dependant on inheritance to maybe ever own a house there's been a noticeable uptick among people I know's elderly relatives suddenly deciding 'i can't take it with me' and that the only sensible thing to do is to spend all their money and enjoy their last years. Literally a generation that hoarded wealth to the point it broke the economy and then said gently caress it and spaffed it all away on leisure once their descendants were fully dependant.

Algol Star
Sep 6, 2010

Lungboy posted:

Am I right in thinking GPs are different; that that they own their practises, are independent of the NHS and contract out to the NHS for business?

They can be partners in a practice where this is true but a lot are salaried and paid by the owner of a practice or a company like virgin. Most GPs aren't making the kind of money the daily mail are always implying they do either despite the stories they used to run about the few who are making 300k.