Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Can someone pls add Twisto's Police / MI6 household funding to goons.csv

I was once pulled over by 5 X5s full of tooled up police who "suspected you were armed" and definitely felt an "am I about to die" frisson when the lead copper said he was going to turn off his camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

PNGYAKUZA posted:

The idea everyone in the city is a metropolitan elite when a poo poo ton of the richest people literally live in the middle of loving nowhere is insane.
As someone who's only ever lived in an urban area of a city the countryside has always seemed like where all the rich people live whereas normal people live in the city.
Hell the most rich person in my family legit lives in a village of 500 people and has significantly more money than any of us in the city lol.

Kensington Palace is also not exactly in a rural location.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Making viral vectors is for real not easy, even just a couple of years ago we had huge variability in yield from manufacturers, sometimes you just got zero instead of the planned 50 patients worth. I don't work in CMC and don't understand how you can end up with that bad a production process.

The Brazilian health authority also refused approval for the Russian vaccine partly due to concerns the virus might not be replication incompetent. That's likely to be a vector design issue rather than process issue, but again shows how producing the viral vector vaccines isn't straightforward.

There is also a rationale that big pharma is best placed to run registrational studies, but that's obviously not convincing in the AZ example.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Bits of stalk go in the bottom of the pan, florets on top, a couple of cm water in the bottom. The stalky bits boil and the steamy bits steam, everyone's happy.

E: I've been away from work for a few days on hols and jesus loving crisps it's difficult to get motivated again

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Obviously the actual reason for sending naval patrol vessels to St Helier is so Boris can get it up tonight, but if you're on a fishing boat you really, really don't want to get shot at with 30mm.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4UolMYY7QaA

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Aahaha gross

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Pistol_Pete posted:

Just checking what Guardian readers are thinking about the election results this morning and it's:

"Stupid voters!!!" :argh:

Well the Con / UKIP / Britain First voters are also bad

e: gently caress. Going to take a while to photo the cat who is hiding under the sofa currently, hang on

e2: cats are such great pets (she is actually lovely)

knox_harrington fucked around with this message at 09:28 on May 7, 2021

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

peanut- posted:

Very controversial ideas here. Possibly antisemitic?

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1390637831295545350?s=21

Dripping with antisemitism

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'd love to see why I was cited, as my 'big' paper was 20 years ago now, most of my recent cites have been what I call 'courtesy' cites.
Do you have PM?

Have you looked on sci-hub?

Unrelated: I think it's time for me to progress from the "thinking about work" phase to the "doing work" phase. Hope I don't see the cat between my bed and desk or it will be all over for another 30 mins

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Also amazing what you can get done during meetings. I got extremely bored yesterday while subcontractors were bullshitting and replaced the fans on my graphics card. Much quieter!

Oh no

knox_harrington fucked around with this message at 11:15 on May 19, 2021

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Got Moderna in the chillingly efficient local vaccination centre.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Having studied at a dental hospital for a while, dentists are people who might have gone to medical school, but aren't really that interested in helping people and would prefer a fat pay cheque tyvm

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

My brain can't cope with the idea that's anything other than performative Boomerism. To own the... millenials I guess?

Cunts anyway

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

What the gently caress?

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1397461791198830597

UKMT May 2021: It's like Aesop's Fables for cunts

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Cthulwho posted:

I knew it was gonna be dumb but didn't quite expect this.

I know nobody will be held accountable for any of this but i like to think there'll be a few ministers having some sleepless nights at least.

Railing lines of coke all day will do that to you

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Lol

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Private Speech posted:

To be fair it's significantly more faff and/or security risk than the PC version.

I computer touch embedded linux every day and I don't have it on my phone despite that.

Kiwi is a chrome fork for Android that lets you install normal chrome extensions like ublock origin.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I use Lynx like God intended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Kinda disappointing performance from both teams tbh. The non-police gammons failed to take the advantage when they had overwhelming numerical superiority, and the police gammons didn't even taser anyone. 2/10