Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

minema
May 31, 2011
Is the goon who had a camera set up on their bird feeder still around? I want to set something similar up for my parents and I was wondering if they'd ever detailed their setup!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minema
May 31, 2011
Did I imagine the 2017 election?! Where Labour under Corbyn did far better than expected and forced the Tories to rule as a minority? How has that just been erased from all discussion about Labour

minema
May 31, 2011

Aramoro posted:

Because of the 2019 Election? This line of thought is the same as Mandleson on the radio this morning except he took it all the way back to the last time Labour won an election it was Tony Blair.

But surely it demonstrates that there has recently been a swing to Labour under a left wing leadership so it's not as electorally poisonous as they all say it is?

minema
May 31, 2011
My mum was a nurse and my dad was a teacher, I went into retail temp work then the NHS immediately on leaving uni. I legit didn't realise jobs being described here even existed until about a year ago when my sister's boyfriend talked about what he did. I feel guilty when I spend 5 minutes on my phone at work instead of doing something work related! I do enjoy it (most of the time) and the job security and hours are good but sometimes I daydream about an alternative life where I went into computer stuff instead.

minema fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 18, 2021

minema
May 31, 2011
There's a go slow driving protest in the town centre today for Palestine and all the gammons on Facebook are so mad about it

minema
May 31, 2011
People in areas with high amounts of the Indian variant have been advised to avoid any non essential travel into or out of the area and to try and stay outside if meeting others.

This was changed on the gov website on Friday and literally noone has been told about it. Even the Tory MPs found out via Twitter tonight.

My parents have already driven up to stay in a campsite nearby and are meant to be coming to see our new house for the first time tomorrow, we've all had both vaccines and I think for the first time I'm not going to follow advised restrictions because seriously what the gently caress.

Blackburn hospital does have slightly increased numbers of covid patients again but none are seriously unwell in ICU and the patients on the ward aren't as high acuity as previous covid patients which is hopeful.

minema fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 25, 2021

minema
May 31, 2011

Miftan posted:

Can you link the page? I can't find it and I've got family in that area that might need to see it asap.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-1...nt-is-spreading

Also top story on BBC news at the moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minema
May 31, 2011
Has the thread seen this? Even if it's old news I reckon it's worth watching again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi2_2ogPMvo

minema fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 26, 2021