Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is international worker's day so music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVcWEtFXwnc&t=30s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Reveilled posted:

This is my personal favourite version of the Internationale, by folk singer Alistair Hulett:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DTbashsKic

Bragg's version is alright, wouldn't mind pulling a few lines from it, but this feels more weight-y, I think, and I think shows that the song isn't quite so hard to sing as is often made out.

Same! That is the version I know by heart and also the cadence I sing it with. I don't at all understand the idea that it is unsingable in english though bragg absolutely seems to be trying to make it so :v:

You can chop and change verses though, there's some good verses in the other english translations, US first verse is great. As is the last verse of the traditional english version that's missed off that rendition. Metal as gently caress.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 01:38 on May 1, 2021

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you draw a cock on the ballot do they count that as a vote for the Welsh nudist party?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you have a knife the easiest way to get money out of a naked man is to stab him and then make necropants.

E: actually though I forgot you need permission to do that so I guess you also need to be extremely persuasive.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

sinky posted:

Can you add a London style mega-basement to a beach hut?

Given they are normally located next to the sea, quite possibly no, for physical rather than legal reasons.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Actually that Sealab episode where they all declare independence from each other and the two English blokes sell them all nukes is probably the most likely outcome of relaxed planning restrictions, freeports, and the rest of these Tory policies.

Ersatz John Galt building a giant underwater city which descends into chaos is also an option.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also my response to game of thrones.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Coal power except it reacts coal with anti-coal.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Being a loving idiot isn't geographically restricted, unfortunately.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Dying early is a selling point of meat, not a drawback.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Gort posted:

There's going to come a time when they make synthetic meat that's indistinguishable from the real stuff for cheaper, and on that day the cow will become extinct

I think this suggests a lack of understanding of how food fashion works. If it becomes harder to get it will only become more in demand by those who can afford it.

Nothing kills the fashionability of a food than it being easy to acquire and prepare.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I used to visit a proper industrial butchers for work and once you've smelled them a regular one seems quite pleasant by comparison.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Your best bet would probably be either knowing someone who hunts or a farmer's market. But it's pretty expensive I think. Also tastes basically like liver so I would just eat liver.

New zealand is in a similar position to the UK re: deer as they aren't native to the islands and there are no natural large predators there either, so they have giant herds of the bastards running around the place. So it isn't too surprising that they export a lot of it.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 4, 2021

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Maugrim posted:

One of the chaps who created This... is a friend of mine so I'm glad to see them getting some mention here. I've tried their bacon and chicken bites and they're both very good in my estimation.

The bacon is quite impressive, it's like bacon flavoured doner kebab.

Bloody expensive though.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I am sure I remember acorn being talked about positively in the thread a while back.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

Owlfancier is one of the most inoffensive posters in the forum

This I think is slander to both me and inoffensive posters. But you are kind to say it regardless :v:

GreyjoyBastard posted:

- the owlfancier probe was basically a misunderstanding / incorrect snap call and I have sorted that out with herstory

I would appreciate if at some point, when you have the time, you might deign to sort it out with me also as I would hate to think that my meanings are somehow unclear when I post.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

This must be the expectation management I have heard so much about.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Quite accurate really. I'm sitting and watching him gently caress it up because he has no idea what he's doing.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Honestly if you put half the shadow cabinet in the bulldozer with boris that cartoon is actually 100% accurate.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nobody told me that was an option.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

lmao the daft prick hasn't ever used his private medical insurance for anything serious because they don't do any of that poo poo.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Finally we can add another line to ukmt_politician_genitals.xls.

Lembit has been very lonely as the only entry.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

apparently the first boat they are sending carries one 20mm cannon and two machineguns, I am not entirely sure the french won't be more heavily armed between them.

Oh and apparently the Tamar currently has dazzle camo on lmao.

E: aww they half assed it, I was hoping they would go full on zebra stripes but it's just some cubist shite.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 23:27 on May 5, 2021

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Prime ministers questions except crispix answers every question by pretending to be the leader of the opposition and going "ah nivver touched them weemin"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Are the scottish greens not supposed to be the better indy party or are they terf city too?

E: I am sure patrick harvie was getting poo poo for a pro trans position recently.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That was what I thought yeah but wasn't sure.

Also that's like, damning with faint praise.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Party Boat posted:

Maybe I'm drawn to him because he looks a bit like Anthony Head

Not particularly keen on the idea of legalizing organ reposession tbh.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I just put a line through the ballot when I didn't want to vote on something.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/kglasss/status/1390230023290957829

Keir taking the bold position, spitting straight truths.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I have a distant relative called shona, I think, so that one isn't odd to me.

At least it's pronounced as it's spelled, which is more than can be said for quite a lot of english.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean I haven't heard jemphrey before but it's a surname and I gave up expecting them to fit any sort of pattern years ago. Again it has a pretty unambiguous pronunciation/spelling therefore it is already doing better than many.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

It's mostly Scottish isn't it?

But this is a bit Bollywood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9lqbhVVTck

My relative is scottish so yeah I assume it is some variety of gaelic, what I mean is that even a lot of names that allegedly evolved along with the english language still have terrible spelling in it.

I'm not sure whether I would swap to german if given the choice, very good spelling in that language but terrible genders.

Let's go back to middle english.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 6, 2021

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would be a bit surprised if there is a right challenger, they are all getting cushy jobs from him and I doubt any of them are keen to take the flak for the seemingly more and more obvious failure of their administration.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Council elections tend to be a bit all over the place so I don't think you are likely to the lib dems becoming her majesty's most loyal opposition, but labour seem to be expecting to eat absolute poo poo.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There is probably a highly localised effort by the lib dems to take that council and/or some local issue in play. As I said they can go all over the place, council elections are weird and you basically need to just look at all the results to draw any real understanding out of it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't think I trust burnham not to just windsock if given half a chance, but it will be curious to see how that works out for him.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

lmao at "I do the council's job for them so make me the council"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would be surprised but we live in a world of possibility.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The next labour party position to the right of corbyn lmao.

Also given milliband is in the cabinet that would be doubly funny.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Was mentioned earlier, starmer drove all the membership donations away by attacking corbyn, and he hasn't gotten any big donors back either because he's a useless sack of shite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

lmao though that their approach to running out of money is to sack the people who help them win elections.

big death spiral energy.