Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Haven't had that one yet. Had a lot of literature from the Lib Dems and they're the only ones whos candidates have knocked on the door (and social distanced of course).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

Were they also naked?

If anything they had too many clothes on.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

On the way to work I passed a house that had a sign in the garden that read "Lib Dems Winning Here" so it's nice that the Lib Dems have won a garden.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I voted for the Lib Dem fella in the Councillor by election as he was the only candidate that came round knocking doors and actually answering questions. Also had some decent aims. As I was walking back home my neighbour two doors down told me he also voted for the Lib Dem as he was "the only white person on the menu." So I got to vote the same way as a racist, which is 'great' :(

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

Eh, racist people vote for the right people by accident all the time. At least he didn't say he was voting Labour now they've gotten rid of the "anti-semantic" muzzie-lover from before.

Oh he can't vote for Labour because of their love of muslims and PC culture. Also something about Starmer only eating French bread.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Welsh Labour hold Newport East in the Senedd and increase their vote share. 9,229 last time round 10,899 this time round. Good to see the UKIP vote collapse 4,333 last time round 368 this time round. Turn out was only 38% though.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Isn't she British? Where would you deport her to?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Pistol_Pete posted:

She is! It was a dumb tweet, because it could easily be interpreted as: "Why not deport Patel; she isn't properly British anyway ('cos she's brown)."

Suspending him's a dumb over-reaction though.

I don't think he's a racist but it isn't a good look. "She should be deported from her job." or something like that would have been better.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Do they have any "sensible" policies?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I don't work near a computer so I cannot post during work hours, unless I finish the shift very early and get home in time. Then it's being paid to post and sleep, the great dream.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Apparently Wales one of the world's top recyclers

quote:

In 2017, environmental analysts Eunomia named Wales the third best recycler in the world - behind only Germany and Taiwan.

England recycled just 45.5% of its waste in 2019-20, with rates as low as 19% in some local authorities.

Recycling rates in Northern Ireland (51.3%) and Scotland (44.9%) were also much lower than in Wales.

A recent survey suggested almost three-quarters of people in Wales saw recycling as a positive social norm, with those living in rural areas also more inclined to recycle. Could it be this?

Which is nice.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I always notice when I go back to my parents that they can recycle far more things than I can and that the advice they get on what is and isn't recyclable and how to best prepare stuff is much much clearer than what I get in England.

When my mum went to Jersey to help my aunt recover from an illness she was shocked at how little recycling they did. She said she felt guilty when she had to throw so much stuff out.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

JollyBoyJohn posted:

The localised English usage that irritates me most is when Welsh people say "now in a minute"

One I've been hearing more of lately and quite like is people from the Rhondda describing someone as "a beauty." Not meaning they are very attractive but they are stupid or annoying. For example if you were on the motorway and someone in the middle lane was doing 50 you might say "this guys a beauty, ie."

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

And their lawyer was on BBC Radio with Adrian Chiles spouting utter, debunked bullshit. loving disgusting.

https://twitter.com/DavidEasson/status/1397530787113840644

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I just stubbed my toe on the kitchen door, Corbyn must apologise.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Was doing some gardening this morning and saw a magpie chase down and just murder a smaller bird. Real "drat nature, you scary" energy.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Pablo Bluth posted:

So in No poo poo Sherlock news, Dacre was found unsuitable for the Ofcom job. Unfortunately Johnson has decided to rerun the whole process and have another go. I assume the interview board will be packed with lackies first.

Tories just doing what they want with impunity.

Regarde Aduck posted:

it was either very hungry, it caught a fledgling and it was being opportunist or it was gonna feed its young with the giblets. Possibly all three.

It did fly off with it in its beak so quite possibly going to feed the young uns.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

crispix posted:

i'd rather sit in the back of an old electric milk float than that thing

i miss milkmen and milkfloats. early mornings you would hear woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom *tinkletinkletinkle* ... woooooooooooooooooooooooooooom *tinkletinkletinkle* ... *tinkletinkletinkle* ... wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom*

My friend's brother was killed by a milkfloat.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

Remember when that old veteran got a yogurt on him and the the whole of England went off like it was the worst thing to happen and then it got found out that the only wars he did was beating some Irish civilians?

Maybe that was the milkmen too.

Was that the one that had a bit on his shirt around his torso and it was obvious he did it himself?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

Half a dozen men wearing ski masks and combats jumped out of a milk float, shouted "déiríochta ár lá" and tipped a small strawberry yogurt down him.

When will this dairy based violence end?!

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Now she's walking out of her bedroom covered in fudge and I'm sleeping on the couch. The girl at work is lactose intolerant and won't speak to me any more. Have I made a terrible mistake?

Shun her, it's wrong to be tolerant of intolerance.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

I was resisting the urge to post it but sod it.

If you want your 90's/00's music memes it's a good channel.

Thank you for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06TlZMQf2UA

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Called my mum earlier and she asked "Do Newport County have any coloured players?" (They're in the League Two play off final.) When I said they did she said "They'll be getting abuse if Newport lose." I think I should go round and take her laptop off her :ohdear:

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

MikeCrotch posted:

Did she follow it up "they'll be getting abuse, from me"?

For a moment it did seem like she meant that she'd be on twitter giving out. Thankfully she has no idea how to use most of social media, most of her Facebook usage is just smile reacting to posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

Morecambe are managed by an old Ross County manager and apparently have the lowest budget of all the league teams so I hope they win.

Although the old manager was a bit of a bellend, he did take us to the Premiership for the first time off the back of an almost-unbeaten season (one loss, in the first game of the season)

Morcambe have the lowest budget? County pay their players in fag ends they find on the street so I'd hate to think what Morcambe use. But they won so they can be happy with that.

Good. Shut up and gently caress off.

bessantj fucked around with this message at 17:59 on May 31, 2021