Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The new Pokemon Snap looks neat but the original game was like what, a few hours long? Think Ill probably just watch some vtubers play it, this seems like a perfect example of a rental game

The new Snap is way more substantial than the original one. It's still not the longest game but there is plenty of stuff to do.

It's also extremely fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Forget the snaps, I just want to throw stink bombs at all of the ugly pokemon

Here's Eevee getting owned by a Trubbish

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

I don't know how many times I have to post this but the narrative that Pokémon Snap is too short or doesn't have enough content to be worth 60$ is just plain wrong. Yes, you can finish the story in a couple of days, I did it myself to make sure I unlocked all the areas and upgrades. But that's not the point of the game - the point is the absolutely staggeringly massive number of different pictures to find. And they're hard. I have hundreds of requests at this point hinting me towards special photos and I'm stumped by so many of them. I think I've still yet to grasp just how drastically you can manipulate Pokémon behavior to get these crazy things to happen. It's gonna take me a long time to get everything.

People seem to just assume that because the original Snap was very short then the new one is as well

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Looper posted:

whether you think snap is worth it or not boils down to whether you think every game should have photography modes

I don't care for photography modes in games at all and Snap rules

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

what kinds of anime are we talking? Like, is it just big tittied anime ladies in ridiculous outfits and lots of bad dialogue or is it Dragon Ball Z with cool beam attacks?

yes

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I really liked that Code Vein had a job system

way more games need job systems

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ryan Davis died 8 years ago

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/thedextriarchy/status/1390009482273607681

This court case is so fun

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1390009880942051328

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

She is almost 10 feet tall, is immortal, and has super human powers.

yeah, a woman

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

nice plot

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I question the part about the writing having interesting things in it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

For the same reason I don't think GRRM is that great, he wrote some pretty great books but you can't just tell half a story.

He wrote 3 good books, two increasingly bad ones and then stopped writing to swim in his piles of money (and I can't blame him)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

D&D alignments are just the political compass with different names imo

D&D alignments somehow manage to be even worse than the political compass

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

This is like Harry Potter house levels of bad.

What D&D alignment are the harry potter houses?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

I finished Muramasa and all of the DLC, so now I am working on Lunar Silverstar Harmony and I am 15 hours into that game.

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is very good and on the vita

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

please we were already done with the lurdiak stuff

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Harrow posted:

Please let's not turn this into posting about posters, as a personal favor to me

i'm going to post about you

i'll do it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Harrow is a nice person

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I don't care what they say about you, you're a good mod, Harrow

let's not go too far now

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

the problem is the "range of opinions" almost never involves having multiple reviews for a game in mainstream publications, each from a different viewpoint, all published at the same time and given equal footing. it barely ever includes a reviewer focused on accessibility or other requirements from a first person perspective rather than a throw away paragraph in the single headline review. when it comes to large reviewers the range of opinion is nearly always one person, and if that person is awful at the game, or has no perspective on issues that dont impact them, then that place simply does not deal with that part of the game.

Fortunately there are about a billion reviewers so you aren't forced to read the ones you don't care for.

Like who cares what the mainstream or large publications do when there are tons of other options easily available

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't think they are inherently worse, they just care about different poo poo than you do

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

agreed. they simply care about other thtings. now, time to give a review with a score that means "ok to good" to a game so buggy it cannot be played, failing to even deliver an effective product review let alone any form of crit

have you considered a job at ign?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

i tried but they screened me with a deathmatch game of doom 2 against all their staff. after going 30 kill sw ith zero deaths i was hounded out of the offices with crucifixes and holy water

you're supposed to throw against your future boss, you'll never get hired that way

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Darksydephil is the reviewer we deserve

now there's some real games crit

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

wuggles posted:

Anyway I imagine most people here don’t actually care what reviewers say about games? If I’m looking at a review of a game it’s because I like the personalities involved, or because that person has something unique to say about a particular aspect of the game (Dia Lacina is my go-to for when games do colonialism, she’s great). Otherwise I just go by word of mouth or my own well-honed poo poo taste

Yeah, it's pretty much the same for me

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't think there is anything a music review could do to make me gain any value from it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

stev posted:

Album art, bitrate, how smoothly it plays on Spotify, length, listenability, relistenability and fun factor.

you're right, you need the fun factor

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Really? You've never had someone's writing influence how you appreciate a piece of music?

It takes talent to put this stuff into words, but musical criticism is as valid as any, imo.

literally no

My affinity for music goes as far as "sounds good so I like it" and nothing deeper than that. I'm not saying that musical criticism isn't valid, just that it has no value for me personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I have never been killed in cod, i'm the superior gamer