Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Here I am, watching Doctor Strange, wondering why Atlas didn't carry on the Trauma Center series on iPad. That'd be rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

FirstAidKite posted:

I got these 2 puzzle boxes in the mail, they're pretty neat. Already solved them but puzzle boxes are cool.

Does throwing them at a wall solve them?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Personally I like an endless fuckaround/challenge game as much as the next man but they very rarely hold my attention for long enough for me to get my money's worth at full price. My lizard brain needs a meaty narrative to keep me going.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Zaphod42 posted:

Good job fighting the Ape Videogames!!! Watching you play Sekiro is a hoot!

VG do not read this: Oh my god chat you are so mean. I can't believe he beat snake eyes shirahagi and didn't grab the bonfire and we didn't tell him and then he went and beat ape so now the 2 ape fight is mandatory to beat the game hahahahaha

Fuuuuuck I wish I could watch more of the stream I HAVE to see the part where the 2 ape fight gets revealed but I gotta play D&D so I'll have to watch the replay

Why would anyone want to skip double ape funtimes?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

mutata posted:

"Entitlements" are the number of copies redeemed by customers, if you're wondering. That's a steal for Epic.

I wonder how many of those entitlements became people who bought anything else. There must be a fair few who have an Epic account solely for the freebies.

Some of the indie studios seem to have been done real dirty by this deal.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

The client is terrible and most of the free games are not very interesting. Apart from Subnautica, I've not even bothered downloading most of them.
I guess it's a good thing that some smaller devs are getting some paychecks though

Yeah for all the ways Steam is stagnating and failing to learn any lessons, it's wild that none of the competitors have been able to come up with a client anywhere near feature complete. I went from 'I'll grab free games and exclusives I guess and launch them through Steam' to 'I'll just wait for exclusives to come to Steam, it's not worth it' within the space of a year.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

VideoGames posted:

I often think about playing subnautica, but then I remember that it would scare me to death. I sat behind my bestie playing it at one point and the idea of being on the top of water and everything underneath you that you cannot see is one of my visceral fears and links into my terror at facing slugs, headcrabs and squishly enemies of that nature.

Yeah this is why I noped out of it. Deep water swimming sections in games always stress the hell out of me so a whole game of that would be nightmarish.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Did he not see the search bar feature?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Presumably if the service is closed the games people paid for on top of the monthly sub just disappear forever?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Help Im Alive posted:

Not video game related but is it just me or is microsoft edge...good??!

we use it at work and now I'm trying it at home (which is also where I work)

I switched to it after something about Chrome really got on my nerves (I can't actually remember what) and it's not bad at all. If nothing else it doesn't chew through my RAM nearly as much as Chrome.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Barudak posted:

The water colossus in Shadow of the Colossus is the hardest fight in the game for me no question.

I couldn't do it, as soon as I saw where it was going I just passed the controller to my younger brother. Not dealing with that bullshit.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

They even showed drastically improved in-game cutscenes, that were then removed from the final launch.

The cutscene they showed looked terrible. Like I can't believe they showed it publicly bad. It's not surprising they gave up on the idea.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

hatty posted:

Now what does British “white sauce” taste like?

White sauce is basically butter, flour and milk.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

that looks delicious and i would guzzle every morsel but the bacon just looks slightly not what i'm used to

The bacon just looks completely dried out.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

sharrrk posted:

whys britain so bean obsessed. stop putting beans on everything

As an English, baked beans are poo poo.

Kidney beans, on the other hand. :love:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

So Sim City and World of Warcraft 95% of games on the App store are not games since they never end?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Acerbatus posted:

What on earth is this?

Six months of development time that could have been spent on part 2 is what it is. :argh:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Khanstant posted:

sekiro would beat dark souls in a fight

He literally does on a bridge.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Gaius Marius posted:

Ever seen a british try and pronounce Maryland?

Say Gloucestershire. Say it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Even when it's someone I already like like Limmy or Sterling I've never been able to sit through more than twenty minutes of a stream at a time. My brain can't latch on to it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I still think Star Fox Assault was unfairly dismissed. If it weren't for the ground missions it'd be a pretty good sequel.

Really I just want a Star Fox game with more than a couple of hours of content (no not that one).

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Replace the Queen with a screaming fox imo.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I've had the concept of NFTs explained to me half a dozen times and I still don't get why anyone would actually pay for one.

Like if they arbitrarily attach value to a famous work of digital art I can sort of see it, but the idea of paying for your own copy of a mass produced JPEG makes my head spin.

And gently caress Gorillaz for diving into it the same year that they're talking about a follow up to Plastic Beach.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Zaphod42 posted:

Could be they know a starcraft 64 remake would be popular

I loving doubt it!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

My problem with transistor is that if I stop playing the game and try to come back to it, the battle system just spews information at me and expects me to understand it.

This is me but all games if I don't play them for literally one day.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

SeXReX posted:

There was a Twitter thread that went around dev Twitter a while back where one of the take aways is that way more games work like this then you might imagine and in many cases the way the skip button works is just setting the playback speed of it all to happen in 1 frame.

Whenever I hear something like this about game development I'm amazed that any game is ever released in a playable state.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

mkvltra posted:

This made me wretch, what the gently caress

Now I need to see the spaghetti prego video

Ngl if this was prepared professionally and not by smooshing the ingredients together barehanded I'd try it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

She knew more than me anyway.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'm sure his braless wife really appreciates the call out.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

mkvltra posted:

What is a digital PS5

A PS5 stored on a USB drive.

IPAs are great what's wrong with you people.

A proper Belgian dubbel or tripel is the height of beerdom though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

I have crohns disease and even I don't get that problem with alcohol.

Colitis here and I don't either. Get your bowels checked.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lmao all this time I thought Ned was into Strongbow.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Barudak posted:

Folks, Konami is more profitable than ever. They cannot be stopped

Pachinko? More like pa-cha ching!-ko

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1394176331668070401?s=19

God drat it...

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It must be crushing for the staff. So many of them seemed to be genuinely proud that their employer to a stance. Having to wake up to "we deeply apologise for the stance we mistakenly took" would've been gutting. I wouldn't be surprised to see resignations/sackings.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's great they did this but I really hope their jobs aren't at risk now.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

cheetah7071 posted:

there are no mechanics that you physically jump over in ffxiv and you can do dungeons are much as you want so I'm not sure which fight you're talking about

I think he means Titan? That's the first thing that really wipes parties.

Zaphod42 posted:

Modern MMOs like WoW and FFXIV are more this solo rpg you speed-run to unlock the endgame raiding which is a sort of weird and very different gameplay model.

FF14 isn't this. If you like endlessly grinding overworld stuff though the current endgame as a huge area dedicated to that.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Out of everything concerning Ubisoft last year nothing was as...bizarre as Michael Ancel not just denying the allegations made against him about how he treated people who worked for him, but he typed up a faux-interview between himself and Jade from Beyond Good and Evil to denounce said allegations.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFvH559q7uS/?hl=en

That I believe, was an industry first.

It's wild that the allegations against him barely made an impression next to everything else people said about the company. What a disgusting cesspit.

e: And I'd be amazed if BG&E ever made it beyond a vague prototype stage. The snippets they showed off were clearly nothing more than a sandbox full of assets - there's no game there and never will be.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

mutata posted:

Yeah, the gameplay they showed was hilariously sparse on literally everything (gameplay, art, mechanics, design, concept, everything). It was like running one of those benchmark tech demo scenes where the camera flies around a single scene with butterflies following a set path and going "This is our new open world AAA game where you can be a bounty hunter or a farmer or a sci-fi housewife and by the way, see those mountains over there? YOU CAN GO TO THEM".

"Hi I'm Michel Ancel and I'm a one man dev team. I'm working hard on my latest project but please be patient because the scale of my game is going to rival the largest AAA studios. Here's v0.1, running in Unreal 5. It's a bit barebones right now but it should be fully playable in a few builds. For early access to new builds please subscribe to the €100 tier on my Patreon."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

exquisite tea posted:

I predict that this will be the year of "actually coming in 2022" announcements.

I feel like the majority of big games announced at E3 every year are at least a year away?

As awful as E3 is I will miss the days where every game and console was announced on the same stage over the same weekend. There was a magic to it that we won't ever get back.