Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Fishopolis I tried your broiler pizza finishing technique and went a bit too far...

Visually a bit more char than I would like (probably the crust curling accentuated it) but tasted fine

Hm, I had a dream last night that I tried to make pizza. I went to grab my cast iron but apparently I left the pizza on some other heat source while I did that and it shriveled and blackened while I was getting the skillet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

The 7th Guest posted:

i turned 37 today but the last two years have felt like a decade so i feel like i'm already 40

Happy birthday!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I said come in! posted:

loving DID IT I FINISHED HOLLOW KNIGHT :woop:

:toot:

I almost accidentally reported this post instead of quoting it

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

cheetah7071 posted:

it's a solid contender for my game of the year and would be worth it at twice the price with half as much content, because the quality is just that high

Having enjoyed Snap 1* and played a couple hours on Snap 2 this statement is highly surprising to me, but that makes me excited to play more

*e: to be more clear here I mean I think Snap 1 is a perfect game like Star Fox 64 is

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The motion control camera stuff umurangi showed off looks cool, is that how people are Snapping

It's not quite so elaborate. For example, you can't rotate the Switch to take a portrait shot. I use the stick for big swings and the gyro for minor corrections, like in Splatoon.

I played an hour of Mini Metro this morning, those games tickle exactly the right part of my brain

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

cause of you motherfuckers I looked for key lime kit kats today

have to explain to my fiancée that I’m looking for the candy what all my internet friends said was good

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

FirstAidKite posted:

Oh and of course

The skittles video game

I keep forgetting this exists

This is the worst post you’ve ever made and I think that’s saying something

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Looper posted:

i love pokemon

This is hard to articulate but Pokemon Snap does the thing, that Isle of Armor did a little bit, that makes Pokemon so good but the mainline games very rarely do correctly

Make the world of Pokemon feel real, and lived-in, like these are real critters that gently caress around and interact with each other

So many times in Pokemon Snap I'm like "oh my god it's that one!!!!!!" and then they do something and I'm like :allears:

usually it's Wailord

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

wailord, or as I like to call him God's Chonkiest Boy, might be the best pokemon

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

The Indians call it "maize"

https://youtu.be/ZDGud3o0Nrc

haveblue posted:

What video game has the best beans

Fall Guys

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I've seen this meme three times in twelve hours, did Invincible end or something?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Judgment was really cool, this looks better

I liked Yagami and I'm excited to see what they do with him

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Snap’s a good five hours, I’m also excited to play a little more and try to unlock all the courses

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

cheetah7071 posted:

I wouldn't describe snap as five hours long tbh

Like that might be the time until credits roll but there's just so much more in the game

Yeah you right

I did it. I found it.

I know Relax has some poo poo rear end taste in candy but maybe the rest of you are on to something

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Pollyanna posted:

I have determined that streaming is a sucker’s game and the market is supersaturated. God help you if you especially don’t have the tech and gimmick for it.

Solution: post on SA that you’re streaming with no cam, play video games at the pleasure of like four goons total

unless your name is “Video Games”

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Katty! posted:

the okumura fight in persona 5 royal sucks so bad lol, this was nowhere near as obnoxious in the base game

I'm right before this and I'm not looking forward to it

hey goons drop your twitches, I want to watch more of my friends play video games

I'm http://twitch.tv/wuggsybogues

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Here's how to win it for free

crank the difficulty up to max, exploiting weaknesses does like 3x damage so you instakill almost every enemy in that fight

hm you should not quote posts if you don't intend to read the spoilers, oh well

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Khanstant posted:

drat i was really feeling this list until daisy inexplicably lower than peach... daisy's dress is yellow, the objectively best colour just FYI

what the gently caress is rosalina doing down there

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Relax Or DIE posted:

have you seen tv

now you listen here jack

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Barudak posted:

Me: Pokemon Snap is a Rail Shooter so I won't get the value from it
Also Me: I think this is the third time I've unlocked everything in Panzer Dragoon Orta

Me: Pokemon Snap is a Rail Shooter so I won't get the value from it
Also Me: I would give sixty dollars and a ball for a HD remake of Star Fox 64 on Switch

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Simone Magus posted:

There's a "Christian anime game" on the Playstation store called "Our Church and Halloween" for one dollar. It looks literally like a game boy game, monochrome low detail sprites.

I have to stress again: it self identifies as a "Christian anime game"

Should I play it y/n

y

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

Half of the Star Fox series has been remakes and reimaginings of Star Fox and Star Fox 64

Yes but

a) do it again but on the switch this time
b) don't gently caress it up, i.e. do a 1:1 HD remake that's as close to 64 as possible

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

Speaking of crypto, Tony Hawk is all in on NFT bullshit so gently caress him and I'm glad they're never gonna make another game again :colbert:

That sucks. Tim Heidecker was gonna do one but he got bullied out of it by his fans, it was nice that he listened

God drat it

FirstAidKite posted:

Are there any star fox 64 fangame spiritual successor things? A lot of genres get their own indie spiritual successors and I'd be surprised if there wasn't a game heavily inspired by Star Fox 64

A few, including Astrodogs and Whisker Squadron. I feel like this is a question for The 7th Guest who knows every indie game

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

It is!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Chat thread what are some good games with job systems? Loved them in FF5 and Tactics and dabbled in fire emblem.

Do you consider Octopath Traveler a good game

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I found Octopath dreadfully boring but I wanted to like it very bad

I post this once a month

Meanwhile, Unbeatable is SUPER fuckin cool

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

hell yeah

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

FirstAidKite posted:

Assault seemed like a decent game but the wing missions looked boring.

I really liked Assault, even though every attempt at a plot since 64 including Command was dumb as poo poo

But I didn’t have anyone to play the multiplayer with as a kid so I unlocked everything by Sakurai-ing both controllers myself

:smith:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

:siren: WUGGLESQUEST MAY UPDATE :siren:

Uh, whoops

Over the past few months whenever I have received a windfall (typically government pandemic assistance) I have saved almost all of it to buy a house, but I've squirreled away a little each time into my Nintendo, Steam, or PlayStation accounts. Let's call this "the nut." In late April/early May I busted said nut between Pokemon Snap, sales, and wanting to make Yoko Taro's number go up. I have doubled the number of backlog games I have to play by the end of the year.

Well, maybe that's not so bad. Maybe I have also been playing a lot of games from my backlog. The last game I beat was Gato Roboto back in March, certainly I've made some progress since--

Oh, right, I played Monster Hunter for a month straight.

Anyway, school is out and I have a month until I teach my next class, so I hope I will make some progress. I'm currently working through Persona 5 Royal, conveniently the biggest game on this list, and I'd like to play Dark Souls 2, Death Stranding, and Yakuza 3 this summer in addition to some shorter games. Here's hoping!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13IEArcKturd2dCcN2MSRhIeneg6E8JUa-3AwqWcYeK4/edit?usp=sharing

Disclaimer: I am aware backlogs are made up and I should play what I want. I devised WUGGLESQUEST as a fun way to get myself to spend less money and to play more of the games I already owned, that currently appears to be failing. If WUGGLESQUEST ceases to be fun I will simply take my ban like a proud goon

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Here's how to win it for free

crank the difficulty up to max, exploiting weaknesses does like 3x damage so you instakill almost every enemy in that fight

Alright thanks I did it, after three legitimate tries it was clear that I was going to have to go back out of the palace to prepare and I just wasn’t having it

And then there was MORE after the chief director so no thanks

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Persona 5 Royal on Merciless is actually probably the easiest version of any Persona game. All fights end on the first turn, and you always go first because of ambushing enemies. Plus, you get 1.2x EXP and Yen so you're always ahead of the level curve and can spend your cash doing chain fusions. The 1.2EXP also occurs when you use Ryuji's skill in Mementos to instagib enemies. P5R is the first RPG in a LONG time where I've gotten to level 99

I might do a merciless NG+ run, that sounds like a good time

Violen posted:

speaking of people who dont know anything about pokemon i am on stuck on a capricious hell island full of them who have some alien interpretation of their own endless picky requests that is anything other than exactly what they loving asked for

Ugh, I hate the requests, I can never figure out what they want

Zaphod42 posted:

I had to read this so now you do too

Aren’t most women bra-less at home, because (I’m led to understand) bras are torture prisons?

So that this doesn’t come off as a stealth brag, know that my fiancée would never bring me a sandwich while I play video games nor would I trust her to (unless it were a grilled cheese she’s good at those)

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Astral Chain

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

New Super Metis posted:

happy birthday to all who celebrate

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Help Im Alive posted:

One time I said it was my birthday but no one responded so I can never do it again

I try to reply to birthday posts so I apologize for my negligence if this happened during my tenure as poster

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

The idea of having to choose which maiden gets turned into a sword is the extremely top-shelf Yoko Taro poo poo

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

My favorite beers are

1. Water
2. Labatt Blue
3. The ones I can get for $6 at ALDI

In that order

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Oh, yeah totally it is (love a good apple cider donut and hot apple cider at the orchard in the fall) but warm hard cider sounds wretched.

This is just like mulled wine or a hot toddy right? Probably good imo

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Violen posted:

i cant believe i just got tooled by a childrens game

lol owned

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I used to drink a lot of alcohol and now I don’t anymore. Not for any particular reason, I just don’t enjoy it

So my drink of choice is Red Bull. I fuckin love Red Bull. After that, Baja Blast.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

buddy let me tell you about g-fuel it's specially formatted for gamers to provide hours of clean energy use the discount code SNU for 30% off powders and 20% off cans this week only

sorry friend the only hucksters I buy g fuel from are anime girls

S (discontinued): Cranberry, winter spiced cranberry
A: Dragonfruit, coconut, arctic berry, watermelon
B: Original, peach, orange, blue
C: Tropical, pear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I also made peace with the fact that I was too big of a baby to explore dark bramble so I just played a bunch and YouTube'd the ending. I feel like I got enough out of that game.