Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This weekend I really want to try to finish Hollow Knight for the first time. I have made multiple attempts at the game, but kept bouncing off it. Today I started a new save file and this is my most serious attempt at finishing the game yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Ok, should I get Last Remnant, Star Ocean the Last Hope or maybe dot Hack from this PS store sale?

Each is roughly 10 space dollars

Last Remnant for sure. Star Ocean is a bad game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

loving DID IT I FINISHED HOLLOW KNIGHT :woop:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wonder if Returnal will eventually come to Steam. Most Housemarque games started on PS exclusives.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How is Risk of Rain 2?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Last Celebration posted:

what kinds of anime are we talking? Like, is it just big tittied anime ladies in ridiculous outfits and lots of bad dialogue or is it Dragon Ball Z with cool beam attacks?

The anime tittles unleash the cool beam attacks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haveblue posted:

Reached the part in Tales of Vesperia where the evil councilor guy has been caught red-handed but used his political connections to basically pardon himself and it looks like he's going to get away with everything until the main character sneaks out that night and just loving murders him in cold blood

If I hadn't played Tales of Vesperia, I wouldn't be able to tell if you were joking and actually describing the 2020 U.S. election.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My understanding is that Stadia works on any device now that can use Google Chrome. The only hardware Google sold themselves that had support for Stadia, was Google Chromecast, and a controller that was supposedly pretty nice. Google just couldn't figure out how to make game streaming work, and they didn't put in the effort to fix the issues, on top of having a really bad marketing campaign at launch. I think Google should have gotten into the native hardware business and shipped a console that could compete with the Nintendo Switch. With Google's unlimited amount of money, they could have been a strong competitor in that space if they also worked on their own first party titles.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol it's hilarious that Tim Sweeney, even as a billionaire with decades of video game development under his belt, is still unknown in his own industry.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blizzards management is so loving lovely and bad. They just do not understand at all. The company badly needs new leadership and fast.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rinkles posted:

30% drop in 3 years doesn't seem catastrophic to me given they haven't put out anything major in that time (yes, W3R's colossal failure notwithstanding)

This is true. Blizzard has put Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm, and Diablo III into maintenance mode. Overwatch 2, Diablo Immortal, and Diablo IV are all in development hell cycles where they have disappeared.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In New Pokemon Snap, I usually have to do a route multiple times before I can unlock the next new route. Are my pictures that bad that i'm not scoring well enough to level up a route to level 2 the first time? What am I doing wrong?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Biomutant looks really cool.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Also, Biomutant will be on EA Play Pro, in case you're on the fence about a $60 purchase from an unknown indie studio, it's $15 for a month instead.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Diablo 2 Remaster will likely be really bad, so it will just amplify the disappointment in Diablo Immortal even more.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For those curious about performance for RE Village on PlayStation 5, ray-tracing turned on results in a significant frame rate hit and slowdown, but turned off the game is a solid 60fps the whole way through, with only a very minor drop in graphic quality.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

it actually seemed pretty rad on day one, they talked up a whole lot of features that never materialized.

They even showed drastically improved in-game cutscenes, that were then removed from the final launch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am so excited about being murdered by 10 foot tall evil witch lady.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I remember there being at least one game on the Genesis that was a sports game with a Mario in the title. Not Mario Mario but a Mario who actually existed in real life.

Mario Andretti, he is a legendary tier formula-1 and indie car driver.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao Resident Evil 8 beginning has 80 pages of letters and lore dialog dumps to read through. I am so excited about this crazy game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

consoles have always been loss leaders though

Sony, and Nintendo though at least eventually make a profit.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Picked up Nier Replicant, and Resident Evil Village on Steam today. :hai:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am looking forward to the food in Final Fantasy 16.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zil posted:

Videogames, good or bad?

The forums mod? Good! The entertainment medium? Bad!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Resident Evil Village is the best game of the year so far.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

nah

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is this suppose to be a re-imagining of that RTS mini-game from the original?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tall witch lady from Resident Evil Village has already been topped.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

Thread title always reminds me of my favorite MMO mount

Wish that were me

SMT Online?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished the story for New Pokemon Snap, although I still have a lot of side content to do. Picked up Bravely Default II now, and I am still really excited for SMT Nocturne HD on Switch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

stev posted:

I still think Star Fox Assault was unfairly dismissed. If it weren't for the ground missions it'd be a pretty good sequel.

Really I just want a Star Fox game with more than a couple of hours of content (no not that one).

Direct sequels to Star Fox 64 that play exactly like that game, is all I really want. But Nintendo must have put in the marketing research and determined that not enough people would buy and play a game like that in console generations after N64. A remaster of Star Fox 64 would be really nice to have too, I still to this day play the game on my N64.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Its not necessarily that. Games are big projects, you can only have so many irons in the fire at once. Could be they know a starcraft 64 remake would be popular but Miyamoto or somebody wanted to play around with the tablet screen so that's what we got. Then after that does poorly its hard to justify the budget for the starfox 64 clone when there's marios to be made.

It's kinda bad that I completely forgot there is a remaster on 3DS and I own it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mutata posted:

The Starfox 64 3DS version is pretty good, actually.

Yes! It's the best version of the game, unless fans have done the effort of remastering it for PC with emulation, which I don't think has ever happened.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Had a really really good sekiro session today :)

Just had my dinner but I beat some tough old mini bosses and have a big boss left as well as a couple of other bosses at some point. I think I am close to the end. At the palace :). This game is superb!

Your stream was fun to watch! I hope you will continue streaming. More regular, consistent streams would be really fun to watch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

While the combat system is pretty good, Octopath traveler is very dire in its writing and localization, and its failed stylistic experimentation, disjointed story structure and unnatural sounding dialogue end up making the entire thing feel very sterile and boring. I am not looking forward to this studio's next game at all.

Oh it has voice acting too, and it is very bad.

E: The dungeons suck too, almost forgot.

I am with you on being disappointed with Octopath Traveler. At first glance it looked like it should have been a great RPG.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barudak posted:

The remake apparently did well enough to remake Zwei

As far as how it plays after patching its nice and smooth and looks quite good. The "problem" I guess is its a fairly bare bones port of a game with a whopping 6 levels and a final boss. There are some neat cheats they added (god mode, speed up, one hit kills, etc) but for 25 bucks its a lot to ask unless you absolutely love Panzer Dragoon.

Wait for a 1+2 double pack I guess?

Edit: there is a joke achievement of sinking 100 or more hours into the game.

I bought it on both Switch, and PC in order to support it. So glad that paid off if Zwei is being remade as well. There is also a first person VR version of the first game in development.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I use TurboTax, so that helps bring down the amount of time necessary considerably. If you try to file your taxes with the official IRS documents, it can take awhile if you are doing more than just a W-2. I have to submit taxes for that, my house, a health savings plan, and some other stupid poo poo that the IRS already knows about but still requires that I submit for.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nothing makes me start skipping the cutscenes / dialog faster than when a game gives the player control and then you lose it again to another cut scene after taking 5 steps. I'm looking at Trails of Cold Steel IV where this was a thing every 10 minutes in order to show you 35 hours of dialog heavy cutscenes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haveblue posted:

I'll watch every cutscene once but if I die and have to replay them I will absolutely skip everything on the way back to where I was

Final Fantasy X has really long cutscenes just before boss fights, and on the PlayStation 2 version you couldn't skip the cutscenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Parasite Eve ends with like, 10 mintues of unskippable cutscenes, and then a 4 phase boss fight, and then a FAKE save point. If you touch the fake save point you lose lol go back to the start of the cutscenes.

It's great.

I learned this the hardway last year when I played last year for the first time. You have a phase where you have to run away from the boss and if you mess up even a little bit you are totally screwed and will die. You then have to do the entire boss fight all over again.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 10, 2021