Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Milo and POTUS posted:

I mean statistically they're probably alcoholics

Knowing that unit, coke is the more likely scenario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

You know what the most depressing part of the water wars is going to be? You're never going to get people to ever stop wasting it on stupid bullshit. The water will be cut off at the homeless shelters before the fountains at the bellagio run dry

You will see genocides happen before the suburban homeowner gives up their lawn.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

They have terminal cases of being very stupid people. It's not a mental illness, they're just not very smart.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

This is just a checklist of the things your manager wants you to think.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Supposedly* someone did a study to this effect and the results were about what you'd expect lol

I think it was something like "would you accept $5 if I gave your neighbour $10" and people said no because gently caress their neighbours, and I believe they did it by nationality as well, with Americans being the outliers.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Isn't horse racing just a way for rich people to legally launder money, just like art?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

RFC2324 posted:

Not much. I imagine sharing a cabin with a rich person would be worse than a crying baby

It's a lot more socially acceptable to choke an annoying rich person than a baby.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

gently caress everything about the trucking industry as it is today, even yesterday. Pay the drivers, and they will deliver your poo poo.

Well, soon enough there's won't be any trucks for drivers to drive. Gotta automate everything.

I got into an argument with an uncle about delivery, and how I don't believe that same day delivery should exist, and that the expectations of delivery speed are a real negative on society. The real solution is to just not order stuff. If it's an item that's already being sold in a store locally, go buy it there, don't make them send one special just for you to your door just so you can save a trip and maybe a couple of dollars.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Dude was laying on the ground not moving, either dead or unconscious, and someone leaned down and punched him really hard square in the nose. There is no justification for that. None.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Dumb question, but what incentive would the hackers have to release the info when paid? It's not like the pipeline company can file a customer service complaint and the hackers are already committing major crimes. Why not keep raising the price?

You've hit on exactly why you're never supposed to pay a ransom.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

gently caress debt.

Also, don't gently caress with debt.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

That ACE stuff would explain I believe every single veteran in my family.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Makes me think back to selection for the Q course, and the stuff I heard about the psychological evaluation. In retrospect, they sure seemed to be using that to get a certain type of person, since that's the one thing where they can just say "sorry, bye" with no oversight. Other than that it's performance and peer evaluation.

Edit: also, thinking back even more, I'm kind of :stare: that when I left after I got injured, all the cadre were very supportive of me returning as soon as I could.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

How do these airstrikes keep felling buildings in perfect implosion demolitions?

I mean yeah, that question sounds all TRUTHER-y, which would be kinda moot because I'd assume the IDF can just roll in in force and demo-charge high-rises, but this is like the third building that they just "beautifully" collapse from a demolition standpoint. Are they lobbing a bunch of JDAMs at the bases of the buildings or something?

Not to call you a moron, but in a "perfect implosion demolition" the building doesn't fall on the surrounding buildings.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Madurai posted:

Hey when did Duffleblog suddenly grow a paywall? Followup question: what the actual gently caress?

You will be given an advance on your first paycheck in order to buy your duffelblog. This is not an optional purchase, and you do not get to choose your duffelblog.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Hot Karl Marx posted:

🤣🤣🤣

lol if trump said this everyone would go nuts

I understand the sentiment, but the primary difference is that when Joe says that, his supporters won't take it as a call to action and start trying to run down any reporter they see with their pick-up trucks.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Hot Karl Marx posted:

well israel did bomb media offices

drat

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Crypto is crashing hard across the board lol

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Crab Dad posted:

Can someone please remind Cruz he's so spineless he let the president bag on his wife?

He phone banked for that rear end in a top hat too :lmao:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I have personally seen hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of government property destroyed through ignorance or stupidity, and I'm just one person. What a negligible amount of money to squabble over. As if we still need more evidence that somehow we ended up with the worst among us in charge.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

The GOP could be declared a terrorist organization and the Democrats would still pander to what they want.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

The thing is that he's supposed to be the bad guy in that scene.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

fknlo posted:

What percentage of the people not wearing masks indoors in public are vaccinated? 15? It's funny because you pretty much know that everyone still wearing a mask is vaccinated.

Based on my personal experience, apparently exclusively middle aged white dudes are the only ones vaccinated, going by who does and doesn't wear a mask still.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I originally went to university for a degree in engineering. I left after one year never wanting to work with, near, or for an engineer.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

gently caress that guy.

"Showstopping umpire" ruining kids games. Exactly the kind of rear end in a top hat that drives kids away.

It's a parody account.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Wingnut Ninja posted:

loving :lol: what? Is there some practical reason for this, or is this some kind of holdover from the days before telephones when a governor needed to be physically sitting on the Potato Throne in Boise in order to govern?

You should look into the history of Idaho. Boise kind of stole being the capitol from another city and a bunch of other weird stuff happened back when it was just a bunch of drunk prospectors and fur traders.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

US Berder Patrol posted:

I feel like the green/blue weenie would have no problem coming down on your garden variety retired e-6 to e-8 for an act of speech similar in character with a fraction of the platform, but I'm pretty sure Flynn is just gonna chud on until a critical mass of boredom sets in.

Well then, do I have a Mazda Miata to show you
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1399127545719758848?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

All are vets are heros