Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

Your text: I'm happy to be pointed to quotes to the contrary, ...(show all text)

Flesch Reading Ease score: 20.8 (text scale)
Flesch Reading Ease scored your text: very difficult to read.

Gunning Fog: 20.5 (text scale)
Gunning Fog scored your text: very difficult to read.

Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level: 18.1
Grade level: College Graduate and above.

The Coleman-Liau Index: 14
Grade level: college

The SMOG Index: 14.7
Grade level: college

Automated Readability Index: 19.4
Grade level: College graduate

Linsear Write Formula : 22.1
Grade level: College Graduate and above.

:discourse:

I assume that’s what you were going for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I thought you were being extra longwinded as ploy to head off a derail, but if that’s just how you write, my bad.

It’s a computer saying you used a bunch of long words and long sentences, basically.

Your text is a good example of why such measures are simplistic. The words you used are long, but they are not rare. “Multi-modal” is the only term I expect anyone who can read at a fifth-grade level might be unfamiliar with.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

boop the snoot posted:

When do I sprout my antennae?

I break this rule all the time, but “antennae” implies insect characteristics.

Cyborgs have antennas.

Mothman > alligator, IMO. Let me know if you turn into one.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

M_Gargantua posted:

I hope idiots in 20 years refer to the American equivalent of The Troubles as The Cool Zone unironically in their papers and books

We’re not even calling B.1.429 the Christmas tree strain.

We are incapable of using cool names.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Don’t take pain medications just for the hell of it, but don’t hesitate to take them if side effects are preventing you from functioning or especially if you have significant fever.

Our data on “maybe NSAIDs bad for immune response” comes from petri dishes and laboratory animals and it’s not definitive. Trial participants recorded NSAID use (and paracetamol), but it wasn’t disqualifying and they weren’t binned separately for efficacy analysis.

In the Pfizer trial, a quarter of participants took pain medication after the first shot and half took it after the second.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“This mint julep has no flavor!”

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Blind Rasputin posted:

They were going to use that jet to frighten George Floyd protestors Jesus Christ what in hell.

In March of 2020?

I mean I just read the headline because of the LAT paywall, but I’m already confused about the timeline.

mlmp08 posted:

Texas legislature is still fighting over what will be in an ERCOT reform bill.

When does their part-time legislature recess again?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I learned this one from the Hard Times.

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1389331260397572099

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

PeterCat posted:

People go on and on about "Beer Judge", etc but give Biden a pass when he has a more credible accusation against him.

Both women have contemporaneous witnesses to their stories, friends they had told about the assaults in the weeks and months afterward.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
USPS is being bled dry by corporate America and their stooges in Congress.

Private corporations get multibillion bailouts anytime they encounter “unexpected headwinds”, while the postal service is cut even more.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I mean, the propane tanks are stored out front in cages, charcoal is just on a pallet in an aisle or on an endcap.

You really pay for convenience with those.

Refilling at a site with a bulk tank is way cheaper.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

USCPSC is the only organ of the U.S. government that cares about child death.

lightpole posted:

Lawns are already pretty gross. My dream house has a white roof and native plants.

Green roof :getin:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Green roofs create a lot of new problems in roof construction and maintenance and they’re not for everyone.

But they’re so cool if you can pull it off.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
China invented paper.

I think they know a thing or two about how to make it.

But these chucklefucks wouldn’t know a bamboo fiber if it slid into their nailbeds.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
loling that this comedy forum has better moderator tools than the feds

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Sovereign citizens get frustrated when their magic spells don’t work.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bird food bathtub posted:

What kind of ridiculous set up do they have where he can un-mute himself?

The Matrix

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Best Friends posted:

Decadent Western science has finally learned what superior Eastern science knew last year

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1390765915621441541?s=21

Someone needs to do something about this “CDC” poster.

So doomer.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
There’s no labor shortage and there’a no litigious society.

They’re just both effective lies that the new media serves and the public eat.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

A Bad Poster posted:

This is just a checklist of the things your manager wants you to think.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 10, 2021

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ded posted:

but but but but but but but but but everyone said kids dont get it!

gently caress all of you assholes here who helped spread that poo poo

I’m not going to call anyone an rear end in a top hat.

I wish I had been wrong about the susceptibility of children to the virus and that I had been an rear end in a top hat for pushing the issue.

People arguing against me months ago weren’t assholes. They were in denial. It’s a coping mechanism in a horrible tragedy. There was incivility, but I shared in that myself.

I don’t want to rub it in. I don’t want apologies. I just want people to start doing right for the kids.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

They tried to get the guy on the right, but he was otherwise disposed.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Nearly every BEV and HEV has the same issue of the accessory battery going dead because it’s generally a good idea to open a relay and isolate the high‐voltage battery from everything else when the car is parked and not charging. The EV1 was a notable exception; it featured a button under the dash to manually connect the big battery to the accessory system and let the car jump itself.

I was going to say that “Tesla is particularly dumb for making the battery that hard to get to”, but it looks like May is just doing it wrong. There’s a positive terminal available in the fuse block.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wQXiGCMVgE

Tesla at least used to have a bad problem with rapid discharge because of bad programming and the “always online” bullshit that techbros eat up. I don’t know if they ever got that under control.

e: Wait. That video is a Model X. Great job, Google. :thumbsup: Maybe it just is that bad on the S.

e2: or not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPUcUOd1r1w&t=138s

e3: or yes again because they removed that in later model years. :psyduck:

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 12:30 on May 13, 2021

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s not the most Tesla post because I documented the changes. :colbert:

And didn’t sic SWAT on a whistleblower.

Ironically, it’s easier to get to the battery than it is to get out of the back seat.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Watch people hoard rice because “eighty percent of U.S.‐grown rice travels on the Mississippi!”

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 13:08 on May 13, 2021

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Well I didn’t see the joke, but I have a suspicion and rewrote to make it impossible.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ASAPI posted:

This graphic is wrong. On the model 3 there is a manual release for the door at the bottom of the "handle" that contains the normal "open button".

On the rear doors?

I’ve never touched a Model 3 to confirm one way or the other.

The graphic predates the latest sensational crash.

e: There is this aftermarket modification.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 13:42 on May 13, 2021

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CommieGIR posted:

The Pipeline operator lied, and fed the lie to Biden. And based on other stuff I'm seeing, they were pretty much asking for a breach to happen eventually.

https://twitter.com/business/status/1392847105736253445?s=20

Revoke the corporate charter.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s the same playbook as 2000.

There are true believers involved, but there are also GOP operatives who know it’s bullshit because they created and/or nurtured it.

The true believers are known as “useful idiots”.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That’s a number that’s like “wait is that even mathematically possible given the nature of the growth function”?

I think that the answer is that this must be an unrepresentative sample. One in four Indians cannot be currently infected, right? If nothing else, things have been bad for weeks.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Why would you pay off a debt when the currency units that debt is denominated will soon represent less real value?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Blind Rasputin posted:

The military is for all intents and purposes, hiring people with high ACE scores

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Time Crisis Actor posted:

If it makes people feel any better, I read a few Chud forums and even they're getting sick of the constant "BOOM!!" tweets from Chud prognosticators. And not even just Q people - the regular dummies are losing faith in the Arizona recount and various election lawsuits because the booms are always guaranteed duds.

https://twitter.com/AndyGrewal/status/1348072426899460102

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Why couldn’t she buy a convertible sportscar like everyone else with a midlife crisis?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Acebuckeye13 posted:

1950s: Israel continues to fight with its neighbors, most notably during the 1956 Suez Crisis, in which Britain and France, attempted to halt the nationalization of the Suez Canal via an Israeli invasion of the Sinai. In a rare joint tag-team effort by the US and USSR, Britain, France, and Israel are effectively told to "gently caress off or else," and Israel retreats back within its own territory.

Worth adding that this was preplanned by Israel, France, and Britain. It had been agreed that Britain and France would step in and “restore peace” in a way that consolidated Israeli gains.

It was very transparently corrupt and that’s how the opposing superpowers end up on the same side, denouncing it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Handsome Ralph posted:

They deleted the tweet telling people about what charities help Palestinians right now, loving cowards.

Can’t spell “ignoble” without “IGN”.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hell of a way to find that Microsoft employs child labor.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/charles_gaba/status/1394103891785039881

I do wonder what this graph would look like with 45 in the White House.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS